No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing in North America starts first of the year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LR Def1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	7198581

Name:	LR Def2.jpg
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	7198582

Name:	LR Def3.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	7198583

Comment

Hey boyz, looking for some advice dealing with timing code on a 5.0 l322

I did the timing chain job and I can't get this damned p0017 exhaust cam/crank correlation code to fuck off.

I've opened it a million times and set all my timing tools back in place and they all fit like a glove.. I even re installed the chain and followed the factory cam phaser preloading procedure with no luck.

I even swapped bank 1 and 2 cam sensors and adjusters, but the code remains on the exhaust cam on bank 1.

Truck runs absolutely fine, but this CEL won't go away. After resetting the code, it comes back right when you turn it over.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Gf put a deposit down on a leftover 2018 Range Rover Velar with the 2.0 turbo diesel. Super pumped! The test drive was very impressive, can't wait to steal it and make it my own :devil:
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          I even swapped bank 1 and 2 cam sensors and adjusters, but the code remains on the exhaust cam on bank 1.
          Above my pay grade.

Disconnect the battery and let it sit a while, see if it's still there?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Hey boyz, looking for some advice dealing with timing code on a 5.0 l322

I did the timing chain job and I can't get this damned p0017 exhaust cam/crank correlation code to fuck off.

I've opened it a million times and set all my timing tools back in place and they all fit like a glove.. I even re installed the chain and followed the factory cam phaser preloading procedure with no luck.

Truck runs absolutely fine, but this CEL won't go away. After resetting the code, it comes back right when you turn it over.
            If it's like the M62....I did chains and guides on an x5 and kept getting some cam code. Set the tools up over and over, everything was perfect. Finally I found where you have to move the hall sensor itself a little to spoof the sensor. The chains are new and tight, from what I'm told, and will stretch out over time. So far it's all good and it's been hundreds of miles.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
              If it's like the M62....I did chains and guides on an x5 and kept getting some cam code. Set the tools up over and over, everything was perfect. Finally I found where you have to move the hall sensor itself a little to spoof the sensor. The chains are new and tight, from what I'm told, and will stretch out over time. So far it's all good and it's been hundreds of miles.
              I finally figured it out..

It was the cam phaser...
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Question for the group. Is there going to be a difference off road between an l322, l320, and an lr3? I am in the market for an suv for my wife and I since I can't stand her fiesta, and we always take my truck EVERYWHERE if I am in a vehicle with her.

I am pretty set on wanting a land rover product, but if I get a 5th vehicle, I really want it to be capable of some light overlanding as I have a feeling the wife is really not going to want me getting a 6th vehicle while I still have 3 motorcycles, lol...

Aside from lack of accessories for the Range Rovers, how do they all compare off road? Surprisingly (or not so much) it's hard to find a lot of real good data comparing them all off road.

Comment

Get a 100 series Landcruiser for this. Similar price point, way way better build quality wont leave you stranded while exploring even with 200k on the clock
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Get a 100 series Landcruiser for this. Similar price point, way way better build quality wont leave you stranded while exploring even with 200k on the clock
                    I don't care for land cruisers. If I don't end up with a range rover it would be a jeep...The wife is English, I like the look and interior of the range rovers, and I miss having a nice car to drive when I sold my 5 series.

Comment

I didnt care for cruisers either until I drove one. Now I will have one until my family scatters my ashes in the far nothern reaches of the north fork of the flathead river drainage from the tail gate of my LC. Unless I find someplace better in the mean time.

Though to be fair the 100 series is a bit of a bastatd child of LC's
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

GF got her diesel Velar, love it so far! Averaging 31.2 MPG on our various kinds road trips.

Meanwhile mine is being a stupid slut and only blowing heat out of one vent...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
                          difference off road between an l322, l320, and an lr3?
                          I'm pretty biased to the LR3. I think the later Jaguar drivetrain is more reliable, has great torque, and can climb at silly angles with no oiling issues or cooling problems.

The RR Sport and the LR3 are the same car, so I assume the capabilities would be the same - unless the Sport is aimed more at street performance and settings. I know they come stock with some silly wheel and tire combos for anything but street use. The other thing would be to compare the approach and departure angles and how much overhang.

An LR3 can lift itself way up for clearance, and if high centered it will lift another inch temporarily. It has pretty heavy duty steel skid plates underneath. Ours has the locking rear diff option.

Wiki on the Jaguar engine:
                          A naturally aspirated 4.4-litre variant produces 300 hp (220 kW) and 425 N⋅m (313 lb⋅ft) and has been adapted by Land Rover with a slightly greater capacity and increased torque. Both petrol engines have been designed with a sump and oil pick-up system to allow for operation at extreme angles.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                            I'm pretty biased to the LR3. I think the later Jaguar drivetrain is more reliable, has great torque, and can climb at silly angles with no oiling issues or cooling problems.

The RR Sport and the LR3 are the same car, so I assume the capabilities would be the same - unless the Sport is aimed more at street performance and settings. I know they come stock with some silly wheel and tire combos for anything but street use. The other thing would be to compare the approach and departure angles and how much overhang.

An LR3 can lift itself way up for clearance, and if high centered it will lift another inch temporarily. It has pretty heavy duty steel skid plates underneath. Ours has the locking rear diff option.

Wiki on the Jaguar engine:
                            A naturally aspirated 4.4-litre variant produces 300 hp (220 kW) and 425 N⋅m (313 lb⋅ft) and has been adapted by Land Rover with a slightly greater capacity and increased torque. Both petrol engines have been designed with a sump and oil pick-up system to allow for operation at extreme angles.

Good info! How about the LR4? My BiL has one ('13 I think?)
                            BEERTECH

Comment

LR3 is basically the RRS like mine.

RRS is most definitely geared towards street performance from the factory. Tire options are very limited due to the Brembo brakes (minimum 19" wheels), and the OEM size is trash. I fit 265/50/20 terra grapplers without any issue, but that's as big as you can go without modifying the EAS to lift it (via Johnson Rides or IID tool), or converting to a lifted coil conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                Good info! How about the LR4?
                                Same car just way way more posh. I think they decided they needed to sell these in the suburbs and dolled them up.

I like the sort of no-nonsense-ness of the LR3. It has a simple functional interior, very comfortable, and I like the lights / grille / black fender arches/ etc a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                                X