Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Yeah, same sort of shit, just that it's for a mandatory writing requirement sort of course. Trying to write a separate page for a 250ish word summary of 12 different guest lectures we've had over the semester, plus title/contents pages and a 500 word "personal essay"

Also, I feel that. 10 pages on the Welsh roots of Arthurian Lit is enough to do me in. This is the first time I've ever really broken up writing a paper. No matter how long, I usually get them done in one or two sittings.... but this requires a lot more research.
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Hey I'm selling a car on craigslist and it's completely stock except for this list of a dozen modifications.
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Hey I'm selling a car on craigslist and it's completely stock except for this list of a dozen modifications.
        I bet the flat black roller paint job and the hole in the rocker means it's "mint" as well?
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

R3v,

I would love your input.

A guy who lives a couple of hours from me offered to trade his 01 540i/6 for my 98 M3/4/5 that I currently have for sale.

He is ready to make the drive from PHX this friday. Here are a few quick snippits.

What I currently have:
          1998 M3/4/5
          193k miles
          Cosmos on Dove (front seats were replaced with regular E36 sedan seats)
          3 owner car, though I have no service records from the first two owners.
          UUC e39 M5 clutch kit with lightweight flywheel
          GC coils with Koni SA's
          AA catback exhaust.
          Pretty clean overall, with 4 to 5 tiny issues.

What he wants to trade:
          2001 540i/6 Sport
          89k miles
          Gray on Gray (not super familiar with E39 terminology)
          2 owner car
          Service history from 2004 til now
          Completely stock.
          Overall, excellent condition, no apparent issues in any pictures, and no issues that he mentioned. Interior looks like it has never been sat in.

Gas mileage doesn't affect my decision. Maintenance is a tiny concern. Driveability is also a small concern.

One other thing. My car ADD will probably kick in before long and I'll want to list and sell the 540, if I go through with the trade. So a near future sale will need to be thought about.

I am inclined to take the trade if his car checks out. I have never had an E39 before, and the low mileage and near perfection of the car will make a future sale easier.

What say ye?

Thanks guys.

- Mike
          Last edited by MR E30 325is; 12-06-2016, 03:11 PM.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

As an E39 owner, I wouldn't even consider that trade.

That said, what's his motivation for wanting your car? The E39 is newer, has half the mileage and is arguably one of the best chassis ever made.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              As an E39 owner, I wouldn't even consider that trade.

That said, what's his motivation for wanting your car? The E39 is newer, has half the mileage and is arguably one of the best chassis ever made.
              He originally approached me about trading. My for sale ad states that I don't want trades (I was tired of random local people offering me an 80's pickup and a half chewed pack of gum for my M3) but I became interested when I saw how 'pristine' this one was.

All he said is that he had a few offers on his car, near his 11k asking price, but he passed on them. Interest has died down and he wants something new. Says he has always wanted an E36 M3. That's it. Plus he is making the 2 hour drive to my house so we can meet.

I don't fully understand it either, as I feel I am getting the better deal in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                All he said is that he had a few offers on his car, near his 11k asking price, but he passed on them.
                Yeah... I'd take that with a grain of salt. It's a $7k car if it's on a dealer lot; more like $6k in a private party sale. E39 values are actually below book around here these days.

I feel I am getting the better deal in the end.
                Unquestionably.

My suggestion is to find a shop familiar with E39s, or take it to the dealer, and have a PPI done. If he wants to schedule one for your car at the same time, maybe you can get a discount.

Comment

I feel I am getting the better deal in the end.
                  Debatable. I wouldn't even entertain the idea. It might have a better engine but the rest of the car is a backwards step.

Comment

I think it comes down to what ever you like best. If you have read my recent thread, you will note that I'm no fan of the e36. Between the 2, I'd take the 540.

With that said, I HIGHLY doubt the 540 is worth 11k.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                      I wouldn't even entertain the idea. It might have a better engine but the rest of the car is a backwards step.
                      :loco:

Comment

Thanks for the input. You all are convinced it isn't worth more than 6 or 7k even with sub 100k miles and 2 owner southwest perks? In great condition?

If that's the case I'll probably pass on the trade then. Not looking to take a several thousand dollar hit on value, even if the chassis is phenomenal.

Comment

I have reviewed a few BaT auctions from the past year and you all seem to be right about the 540i/6's value.

They have several sub 100k mile examples that sold in the 8 to 9 grand range.

Glad I decided to reach out. Thanks again for the input.

Comment

You all are convinced it isn't worth more than 6 or 7k even with sub 100k miles and 2 owner southwest perks? In great condition?
                            As we all know, a car is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. That said, if the car were completely and totally flawless with a service history dating back to delivery, needed absolutely nothing, was loaded with all the packages available and it was the exact color combo I was looking for, I might be willing to go a bit more than $6-7k, but nowhere close to $11k.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                              As we all know, a car is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. That said, if the car were completely and totally flawless with a service history dating back to delivery, needed absolutely nothing, was loaded with all the packages available and it was the exact color combo I was looking for, I might be willing to go a bit more than $6-7k, but nowhere close to $11k.
                              Thank you.

It took a long time to build up from a 50 dollar E30 to 1000 dollar E30's, ...... , to the M3 I have now, upgrading and putting in a bit of cash each time I moved on. Not willing to move backwards.

Comment

The 540i owner knows values of e36 M3's are going up.
                                He's just trying to cash in before they hit e30 M3 status.
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X