Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I got century link. Idk if you have it out there. I got there in the middle grade of internet. It runs at like 50 or 75 megabytes a second. Cost like 50 bucks a month. They offer 1 gb a second for 89


    1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top


    Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

    Comment


      Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      I think I found the solution to my internet troubles.

      4gcommunity.org

      It's a non profit organization that offers 4g unlimited data only plans for $250 a year, on the sprint Network.

      Technically not unlimited, but 30 gigs with no overage fees and no throttling. Did a bit of research and it does seem too good to be true, but actually true.

      I'm going to go for it, if anyone is interested I'll post results. Going to do the$500 which includes a real router and the first year of service.

      I don't have a cable line, but I am right next to a tower and get excellent reception. Fingers crossed!
      wow. i really hope this works out for you. i actually have sprint service on my cell phone which isn't that great. i am going to look into this for our house. do you need to have a sprint cell tower close or can it be att/verizon, etc? what happens when you get to/go past 30 gigs?

      Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      I got century link. Idk if you have it out there. I got there in the middle grade of internet. It runs at like 50 or 75 megabytes a second. Cost like 50 bucks a month. They offer 1 gb a second for 89
      man...i tried century link in my area. i figured i would save a few bucks over xfinity. we had it for about 2 days and i was like-fuck this shit! for us, it was as slow as dial up. i think we are at the end of their string or something. also, i got pretty pissed off after going around in circles with some Philippino for 20 minutes and not being able to understand what he was saying.
      Last edited by flyboyx; 12-12-2016, 08:58 AM.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

      88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

      Comment


        Sounds good if you don't stream music/video. I could see us going over that 30GB real quick between my wife using netflix/8tracks as background noise for every activity in life, plus myself and brother in law probably using about the same amount between the two of us.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

        Comment


          By some miracle after ~6 years of searching, I finally found a set of black leather E30 sport seats locally to use to rebuild mine.

          One is missing rails and has the bottom frame snapped in half. and someone's been in there before ziptying the shit out of it. Other one hopefully isn't as bad, but between the two, I have the upper/lower bolster foam/leather to fix mine, plus "hinge" bits and maybe some shocks (I used to have a stash, but they're now mia)

          Not sure what to do after that. Probably have to start looking after the interior because it won't have any serious problems...
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

          Comment


            in my experience, the seat shocks are always...well....shot. once you get all your parts swapped around to make a good set, i suggest rubbing black shoe polish(the waxy paste in the little can) into your black seats really good then soften up the leather with saddle soap. this made my set look about 100% better.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

            88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

            Comment


              Originally posted by flyboyx View Post



              man...i tried century link in my area. i figured i would save a few bucks over xfinity. we had it for about 2 days and i was like-fuck this shit! for us, it was as slow as dial up. i think we are at the end of their string or something. also, i got pretty pissed off after going around in circles with some Philippino for 20 minutes and not being able to understand what he was saying.


              Had to of been. My internet is lightning fast. And i have there prism set top boxes too. My only problem was i received a set top box that was part of a bad batch and i figured that out when my tv died on Friday night and had to wait till Monday for a new unit thats sucked ass but not there fault timing couldn't have been worse and with electronics sometimes they have bad units/batches


              1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top


              Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

              Comment


                If you go over the 30 gigs, nothing happens it just continues on. They just aren't legally allowed to call it an unlimited plan.

                That said, I'm on the sprint Network for my phone with Republic, out here the service is great so far. I get full bars at the house so it should work well.

                Time will tell!
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

                Comment


                  Fuck my mazda. It snowed ~20cm today, so I tried to go pick my wife up and the damn thing won't even go up the <5deg incline to get up the street. Next daily/beater is either going to be awd, or at least a newer BMW so I can at least burn one wheel in comfort.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    Fuck my mazda. It snowed ~20cm today, so I tried to go pick my wife up and the damn thing won't even go up the <5deg incline to get up the street. Next daily/beater is either going to be awd, or at least a newer BMW so I can at least burn one wheel in comfort.
                    yea its really annoying when the daily beater cant do its damn job...

                    My daily randomly decided to NOT start on me. No warnings or anything. Turns out these advanced tech keys and security will fuck you worse than the car jacker.... They use both an Electronic Ignition System (EIS) and an Electronic Steering Lock (ESL) and if both arent cooperating your car wont start. And surprise surprise, these things are known to fail. Add that to the dealership butt raping anyone in this situation and it can cost $1000 - $2500 depending on how naive and ignorant you are.

                    Luckily I have a Benz Tech connection so who knows how bad it will be, still wont be cheap but it wont hurt my butthole so much...

                    Back to dailying the E30 for the week.

                    Simon
                    Current Car:
                    -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                    -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      Anyone have experience buying a car via power of attorney? not sure I feel comfortable with it. What risks are there ? Is there still chance for recourse if lemon?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        Fuck my mazda. It snowed ~20cm today, so I tried to go pick my wife up and the damn thing won't even go up the <5deg incline to get up the street. Next daily/beater is either going to be awd, or at least a newer BMW so I can at least burn one wheel in comfort.



                        Beater.
                        Swanny!
                        SUCKERS.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mjimport View Post
                          Anyone have experience buying a car via power of attorney? not sure I feel comfortable with it. What risks are there ? Is there still chance for recourse if lemon?


                          why would you want to do this? car in another part of the country?

                          i believe what you are talking about is actually "limited power of attorney".
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

                          88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

                          Comment


                            Sorry, should have been more clear (nonsense thread joke). I am pursuing a car for sale but the guy selling the car has POA for the actual title owner, who "can't speak English very well"
                            The car and parties involved I believe are all in the state at the moment.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              My daily randomly decided to NOT start on me. No warnings or anything. Turns out these advanced tech keys and security will fuck you worse than the car jacker.... They use both an Electronic Ignition System (EIS) and an Electronic Steering Lock (ESL) and if both arent cooperating your car wont start. And surprise surprise, these things are known to fail. Add that to the dealership butt raping anyone in this situation and it can cost $1000 - $2500 depending on how naive and ignorant you are.

                              Luckily I have a Benz Tech connection so who knows how bad it will be, still wont be cheap but it wont hurt my butthole so much...

                              Back to dailying the E30 for the week.
                              I always LOL when people purchase these POS's for their "superior German technology" Just to have it blow up in their face when it fails...oh and it how often it will!

                              Originally posted by Northern View Post
                              Fuck my mazda. It snowed ~20cm today, so I tried to go pick my wife up and the damn thing won't even go up the <5deg incline to get up the street. Next daily/beater is either going to be awd, or at least a newer BMW so I can at least burn one wheel in comfort.
                              Get some decent all season tires for your daily if your too cheap for dedicated snow tires. I've never had an issue with mine in the snow and I only run all seasons.

                              AWD for a few random skiffs of snow is a great way of wasting money you could be spending on your e30 ;)
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                AWD for a few random skiffs of snow is a great way of wasting money you could be spending on your e30 ;)
                                So your implieing that spending money on a awd car is a waste of money, but investing it into a e30 isn't a waste. What does this make of the iX? :rippedoff:
                                Build Thread
                                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                                Parts Thread
                                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X