Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
    The 540i owner knows values of e36 M3's are going up.
    He's just trying to cash in before they hit e30 M3 status.
    This. Just in the last few months clean E36 M3's are going up quickly.

    I've liked some E39s, but unless it was an M5, I don't see it as a car I'd hold onto for a long time.

    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Thank you.

    It took a long time to build up from a 50 dollar E30 to 1000 dollar E30's, ...... , to the M3 I have now, upgrading and putting in a bit of cash each time I moved on. Not willing to move backwards.
    Damn! I remember that $50 car. That takes me way back.
    Project Thread | Instagram

    Comment


      Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
      This. Just in the last few months clean E36 M3's are going up quickly.

      I've liked some E39s, but unless it was an M5, I don't see it as a car I'd hold onto for a long time.



      Damn! I remember that $50 car. That takes me way back.
      Haha so do I, all to vividly. I also remember buying a blue hood off of you and then you taking Jake and I for a spin in your white M50 E30, which we just thought was the bees knees. Excellent times.

      Wouldn't trade those experiences for the world.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

      A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

      Comment


        Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        The 540i owner knows values of e36 M3's are going up.
        He's just trying to cash in before they hit e30 M3 status.
        they are indeed going up, but they made 10x more of them so i can't ever see a car that never came with individual throttle bodies being worth anywhere close to an e30 m3.

        that said, the e36 m3 in question is a 4 door, yes? i do think they will always be less desirable than a coupe. personally, i wouldn't want a sedan. i think the value of both cars are probably equal today if talking similar condition and miles.(which we are not) in today's value, i think you getting the 540 is the better end of the deal. 5 years from now, that might be just the opposite, however.

        i guess the dilemma is that the e36 m3 you have was the pinnacle 3 series car for bmw during that era. the 540 was not the top sedan though. you would have to look to the m5. as far as desirability is concerned, people are always going to pay the most for the greatest, not the second best. see where i'm going with this?

        e39 m5's are going up pretty fast too.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

        88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

        Comment


          Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          they are indeed going up, but they made 10x more of them so i can't ever see a car that never came with individual throttle bodies being worth anywhere close to an e30 m3.

          that said, the e36 m3 in question is a 4 door, yes? i do think they will always be less desirable than a coupe. personally, i wouldn't want a sedan. i think the value of both cars are probably equal today if talking similar condition and miles.(which we are not) in today's value, i think you getting the 540 is the better end of the deal. 5 years from now, that might be just the opposite, however.

          i guess the dilemma is that the e36 m3 you have was the pinnacle 3 series car for bmw during that era. the 540 was not the top sedan though. you would have to look to the m5. as far as desirability is concerned, people are always going to pay the most for the greatest, not the second best. see where i'm going with this?

          e39 m5's are going up pretty fast too.
          The E36 in question is a 4 door. There was a forum member over on M3F who gathered a bunch of sale and purchase prices for E36 M3's. He completed a linear regression analysis and found out that the M3/4/5's sell on average for something like 1.2k more than coupes. I can't vouch for the validity of this claim, but the group seems to agree with the results.

          I didn't think the M3/4/5 was as desirable as a coupe, as I always preferred the coupes myself, but this car has changed my thinking.

          The deal is already off. I listened to some members here and did some research (on BaT primarily) and decided it isn't worth it.

          Excellent point you make about the M3 being the pinnacle and the 540 being the second best. Agree completely. I have always fancied (and am looking to purchase) the E39 M5.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

          A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

          Comment


            E36 M3s are going up? Whaaatt? Already?
            2000 A4 1.8TQ | 1988 325is | 1976 280Z | 1953 CJ3B

            Comment


              Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              E36 M3s are going up? Whaaatt? Already?
              It's been over a year since that happened around DC, average ask seems to be about 7.5k. Two years ago all but the best examples were below 5.

              It's worth thinking about what will be up next as the current values of E36 M3s are pushing them out of reach as first/second car purchases for new hobbyists.

              I suspect that anything with manual transmissions, RWD, 250-350hp, a current value of around 4k, and marque cachet will be next, but that's a normal blanket statement.

              Comment


                Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                that said, the e36 m3 in question is a 4 door, yes? i do think they will always be less desirable than a coupe. personally, i wouldn't want a sedan.
                It's that kind of thinking that's making the sedan MORE desireable since most owners thing "nobody wants a four door, m3's are supposed to be a coupe!"

                As a result, they sold for less than coupes and were mostly trashed (similar to the e30 325is vs the e30 M3).
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

                Comment


                  Kids these days have no idea how to haggle.

                  My Grandfather always told me "Whoever says a price first, loses."

                  Case in point: I'm selling a set of injectors, $200 shipped.

                  Incoming message: "Still available?"

                  "Still have them"

                  "Best price shipped?"

                  At this point I stop responding, I already listed a price, don't ask me to just give them to you for my bottom line without a little fucking effort.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

                  Comment


                    Funny thing is if they put some effort into it, they would get it cheaper. My "best price shipped" is going to be about $30 higher than I would go if the buyer tried a little.

                    Yea, I'll go with that. Responding now.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      that said, the e36 m3 in question is a 4 door, yes? i do think they will always be less desirable than a coupe. personally, i wouldn't want a sedan.
                      +1, would buy a coupe E36 for a decent price, but I've passed on nicer 4 doors for no real reason other than that the coupe looks better when they're side by side.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        +1, would buy a coupe E36 for a decent price, but I've passed on nicer 4 doors for no real reason other than that the coupe looks better when they're side by side.
                        Agree 100%.

                        Thankfully the town I live in has maybe 1 other E36 M3 in it, that I may see driving around once a year. Haha

                        There is something about em though. Having easy access to the backseat is something I missed the whole time I had my E30. Plus the entire time I am driving it I just about completely forget that it has 4 doors.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

                        A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          Kids these days have no idea how to haggle.

                          My Grandfather always told me "Whoever says a price first, loses."

                          Case in point: I'm selling a set of injectors, $200 shipped.

                          Incoming message: "Still available?"

                          "Still have them"

                          "Best price shipped?"

                          At this point I stop responding, I already listed a price, don't ask me to just give them to you for my bottom line without a little fucking effort.
                          Haha on the exact same page!

                          If someones first text about a car I have for sale is "Whats the lowest you'll go?" I politely find a way to tell em to fuck off.

                          But if someone displays interest and comments on the car first, takes the time to come out and meet me, and then starts talking about price I am far more likely to sell below my asking price.

                          If you apply those techniques described in Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people" book, you'll be amazed at the results.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

                          A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

                          Comment


                            Having one of those days where nothing at all even the little shit can go right. FML


                            1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top


                            Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

                            Comment


                              My e30 is showing it's age, going to need to service next chance I get. Need to change front and rear wheel bearings, rear axles (just cause) and a gasket for the diff input (6 bolt diff flange from an e36).

                              Parts cost is reasonable enough, just have a shit schedule. Probably going to try and bang out the rears after hours at my business, get to the fronts another night..

                              Hopefully I won't ever have to touch them for another 20+ years!
                              My feedback:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

                              http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

                              Instagram:
                              @gears_n_glory

                              @functionmotorsports

                              Comment


                                I think I found the solution to my internet troubles.

                                4gcommunity.org

                                It's a non profit organization that offers 4g unlimited data only plans for $250 a year, on the sprint Network.

                                Technically not unlimited, but 30 gigs with no overage fees and no throttling. Did a bit of research and it does seem too good to be true, but actually true.

                                I'm going to go for it, if anyone is interested I'll post results. Going to do the$500 which includes a real router and the first year of service.

                                I don't have a cable line, but I am right next to a tower and get excellent reception. Fingers crossed!
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X