Clear All

yolo! you wussy!
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

:nice:
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

A cruiser can be a canyon ripper if you try hard enough...

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Fuck it, do it
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

luckily Forced Firebird posted a M20 dyno thread and my car started acting up... I decided I will first focus on building the M20 motor I want so I have a 100% solid DD before I throw all this money at another money pit/ anchor. Im thinking the M70 motor is a better anchor then the whole damn E31 :rofl:
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've had a weird shake and a lot of road noise in my mazda for a while now, but it recently started to feel more like warped rotors under braking. So I buy some new pads/rotors and lift the car up to find that the front left outer control arm's ball joint is completely fucked.
              Alright, no problem, I bought a control arm and swapped all of it, plus an oil change and switched over to summer wheels with new tires.
              I figured the vibrations would be done between all of this, but it's still there. What the hell could this even be at this point? Axles? Wheel bearings?

The vibration is front end, speed dependent, and starting from a very low speed. CV's have no play besides a torn boot, but there's a little weird wobble/play where the stub goes into the trans... Wheel bearings seem fine with the car in the air...
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

It has to be a bushing or another ball joint.

Lift the front end up, get a good pry bar and start putting tension on all the suspension components. Also, while its up, you can pull the wheel in and out to see if the wheel bearing is loose and or making noise.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Can also put it up start the car and put it in gear then you can listen. Probably not the safest on jack stands as it is on on a lift.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Has anyone here actually used Maaco for a paint job here? Way back when they fixed a massive dent on my 540i and it held up incredibly well for the 3 years I owned it. Couldn't tell there had been any damage, and it cost something like $200.

I'm considering letting them paint my e30, which will be a part time DD and see limited track use. There are dents on the rear quarter panel, rear "skirt" area under the plastic bumper, and my front valance is bent. Total quote was $1280. Right now the car has 0 clear coat, 100 rock chips, and mismatched spray painted body panels, so it can't get any worse unless it catches on fire. I'd be removing lights and trim so over spray would be not so much of an issue.

What say thee? I don't have a paint booth or any knowledge of painting, so doing it myself really isn't a realistic option.
                    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Most say that the Maaco paint job isn't that bad, just you need to do the prep work before hand.

You're not wanting a show car, I would let them paint mine.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        Most say that the Maaco paint job isn't that bad, just you need to do the prep work before hand.

You're not wanting a show car, I would let them paint mine.
                        ^^ That was pretty much my line of thinking as well, I don't need perfect. After cost of materials I'd almost be in it for as much as they can do the job, so I may as well just let them try it and see what happens.

Plus, I work 3rd shift and I'm lazy, so I don't want to dedicate an entire weekend to prepping, spraying, sanding, re-spraying my fuck ups, just to end up with a shitty looking paint job to save $200-300.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                          ^^ That was pretty much my line of thinking as well, I don't need perfect. After cost of materials I'd almost be in it for as much as they can do the job, so I may as well just let them try it and see what happens.

Plus, I work 3rd shift and I'm lazy, so I don't want to dedicate an entire weekend to prepping, spraying, sanding, re-spraying my fuck ups, just to end up with a shitty looking paint job to save $200-300.

Yea do the prep your self and maybe some of the masking and you’ll be fine.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                            Yea do the prep your self and maybe some of the masking and you’ll be fine.
                            This is an idea I like. If it's absolutely horrendous I'll just raise a stink and demand they repaint said shitty areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                              This is an idea I like. If it's absolutely horrendous I'll just raise a stink and demand they repaint said shitty areas.

I have a friend who had his e28 done by them back in like 03 and it came out great and to this day looks fantastic. He did the prep and masking him self.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                I have a friend who had his e28 done by them back in like 03 and it came out great and to this day looks fantastic. He did the prep and masking him self.
                                Sold. I'm finna do it

Comment

Working...
                                X