Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    It's neat how markets must never change, especially considering a nearly 5 year cycle, supply influences (like the cost of the chemical fuel for the vehicles, or say raw material prices), stylistic changes, local economic influences, and new tech clearly can't influence buying habits.

At least I feel that's how some people must think. I mean, what could go wrong, and how could the economy do anything other than grow so that people want increasingly larger vehicles?

Also, apparently fuck the planet, because smaller cars must somehow pollute more while simultaneously being more expensive to produce.

All that, or companies are just trying to be more immediately profitable while forsaking long term stability and ability to adapt to market changes.

At the end of the day, Ford is just like any other company. They simply want to make money, while focusing their efforts on prospects that will a) suit the demands of the buying public and b) have continual growth for its' shareholders.

The N. American market allows buyers to own BIG vehicles. Add to this cheap (cheaper than Europe fuel costs) and the perception that "bigger is safer" means anyone who has kids will want either an SUV of some sort, or a truck (despite actually needing to haul anything).

I honestly don't know anyone in their 20's or 30's who owns a car for daily use. Everyone has a truck/SUV. This is a trend I despised in the late 90's, and surprisingly with the massive debt load of N. Americans, has just continually become more prevalent.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
      There's not really much of a way I can do that without choking the shit out of it. Plus, if it came from the factory like that, and there are tons of straight-piped trucks around here, they can just deal with it. These cars were loud as shit straight from the factory I wanted a Thermal brand exhaust that'd quiet it down a tiny bit, but it's $800. Even then, it'd still be loud as hell.
      An SRT-4 with a factory exhaust is not 'loud'. Not sure why your neighbors are hating so bad, unless you let it idle for an hour at 4 am.

But yeah, your factory exhaust is not 'loud'.

Sorry to hear about the malicious act. Shit's lame.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        I honestly don't know anyone in their 20's or 30's who owns a car for daily use. Everyone has a truck/SUV. This is a trend I despised in the late 90's, and surprisingly with the massive debt load of N. Americans, has just continually become more prevalent.
        What? Very interesting, practically no one I know in their 20s/30s has a truck/SUV for daily use, and pretty much everyone has a car.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          It's neat how markets must never change, especially considering a nearly 5 year cycle, supply influences (like the cost of the chemical fuel for the vehicles, or say raw material prices), stylistic changes, local economic influences, and new tech clearly can't influence buying habits.

At least I feel that's how some people must think. I mean, what could go wrong, and how could the economy do anything other than grow so that people want increasingly larger vehicles?

Also, apparently fuck the planet, because smaller cars must somehow pollute more while simultaneously being more expensive to produce.

All that, or companies are just trying to be more immediately profitable while forsaking long term stability and ability to adapt to market changes.

they are building what people want, and what sells the best. There would be no car companies left if they all built nothing but little shit box eccono 3 cyl cars. Look where that got Yugo...................
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            they are building what people want, and what sells the best. There would be no car companies left if they all built nothing but little shit box eccono 3 cyl cars. Look where that got Yugo...................
            What, like the POS EcoSport?

I don't think they are actually building what people want (or need!) in this case, but rather what they can sell more profitably.

It just makes little practical sense to me to build a jacked up car on a car platform when the sedan/hatch version of the same can do 85% of what the lifted version can do while getting 110-120% better fuel economy in real world situations. Especially when we consider that someone could rent a larger vehicle when needed with those fuel savings, or just borrow a larger vehicle from some other person who does not mind the additional cost.

Diversification is important, and if a company feels that they can no longer be profitable while being diverse they are very liable to be injured by changes in the market. FYI, as a small shareholder (maybe not for much longer) I have a personal interest in the success of F, but profit at the expense of flexibility in less than certain times is the road to ruin for a car company IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              I think I read an article a while back that there are something like 50 models you can buy in a stick in the US. I'll have to look that up again.
              The overarching trend of the past few years has been that the manual transmission is on the way out. People like automatics, they can be faster than manually shifting, and they're frequently better at saving fuel. But there's still a sizable enough minority of manual fans and buyers that automakers continue to offer a manual in nooks and crannies of the automotive market. And you might be surprised at some of the offerings. We certa
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

The one I saw was from a while ago, but yeah, close enough. Ford has three vehicles on that list that will probably go away. Not getting the feeling their Focus crossover (or whatever it is) will come in a stick, but who knows.

The list of available stick shift vehicles is getting alarmingly short.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  The list of available stick shift vehicles is getting alarmingly short.
                  For the N. American market, I'd say it's quite reasonable.
                  Imagine how many MORE are available with stick in Europe!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    For the N. American market, I'd say it's quite reasonable.
                    Imagine how many MORE are available with stick in Europe!
                    I can only imagine :(

Comment

Well, I talked to insurance, and they're gonna pay a little over half the cost for the job. So, now, I'll go ahead and get the AC done I think. I shouldn't have to pay for any of this, but oh well. Fresh motor and AC, whatever.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

get security cameras and lights

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          get security cameras and lights
                          Yeah, that definitely moved up on my list of things lol. I've found an ip camera software, so I'll just look up some decent ip cameras for a good price for now.
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

That's weird, I've never heard of insurance paying half of the cost when it comes to automotive shit.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              That's weird, I've never heard of insurance paying half of the cost when it comes to automotive shit.
                              Since it's a clear case of vandalism, BUT they're still an insurance company, it's just a little over half which is a nice happy medium. I'd rather not pay, but unless the piece of shit that did it turns themself in, that's not gonna happen.
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Aside from the dumpy clothes and cheesy colors, back in the 80's these chics were da bomb !

I kinda always had a thing for the brunette. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X