Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ca is crazy.

You cannot buy an aftermarket catalytic converter.

You're only option is genuine, and even those genuine ones sold here in CA use a different catalyst, so they're even more than genuine ones you'd find out of state.

Someone chopped off my neighbors catalytic converter at night and it costed him about 3k when everything was said and done... lol
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      Here in Texas, when the vehicle hits 25years old, you just have to do a basic safety inspection. No emissions. They can visually inspect to see if you have a cat and muffler...but I'm hoping they wont take a look at mine lol

I've never had anyone look under my car to see if the cat was still installed. if you are really worried, just go to some podunk mom and pop shop that does inspections out of their service shop. not that you want to come all the way to northeast houston, but if it comes to that, I have the shop for you.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        Ca is crazy.

You cannot buy an aftermarket catalytic converter.

You're only option is genuine, and even those genuine ones sold here in CA use a different catalyst, so they're even more than genuine ones you'd find out of state.

Someone chopped off my neighbors catalytic converter at night and it costed him about 3k when everything was said and done... lol
        why not just drive to Nevada and get one there?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

they look at the cat for a CA serial number lol
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            I've never had anyone look under my car to see if the cat was still installed. if you are really worried, just go to some podunk mom and pop shop that does inspections out of their service shop. not that you want to come all the way to northeast houston, but if it comes to that, I have the shop for you.
            I dont think I should have any issues.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
              Here in ontario it was every 2 years for any vehicle over 7 years old that it needs emissions done. Its been in place since the late 90's.
              BC dropped it a few years ago too.

I hated having someone else drive my car on the dyno.
              Glad that program is over. The cat on my e30 is original, and the heat shielding around it is all coming apart slowly (rusting away). Probably gonna replace it all (headers back) once I find a decent deal. Still would like to stay somewhat stock.
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I don't get the california emissions testing inspections at all. All of these approvals and serial number inspections and stuff, who gives a flying fuck what is down under the car or on your air intake as long as it passes the sniffer test? Shouldn't matter if it's marked CA legal or Cambodia legal as long as the emissions are within limits. So glad I don't have to deal with any of that.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Well, revenue generation is important for any level of government, and pitching it as a green initiative makes most people play along. Even so, it's baloney, but other states are slowly seeing the creep of further emissions regulations, so we'll all get there eventually.

Comment

These was a recent 0.12 tax increase on gas.

e85 is 2.79 :(
                    i think gas is like 3.40 right now for 87.

Comment

Newer cars in CA don’t even do sniffer tests or run on the dyno. When I sold the E92 and needed proof of smog (bullshit) they just hook the car up to a computer and run it that way.

Agreed it’s all about revenue. CA is great in some ways but in most others it’s a hot mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                        These was a recent 0.12 tax increase on gas.

e85 is 2.79 :(
                        i think gas is like 3.40 right now for 87.
                        Sorry to hear that.

Currently we are paying about 6 bucks per US gallon for 87
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

^
                          Dont forget we pay for our fuel and our health care separately
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

lol
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

so filling my nissan, 16gal usually.
                              i'm paying $12 in tax per tank.

or if splurge and buy a 1k t.v it's $70 in sale tax.

Comment

Nebraska doesnt have sales tax on gas. Or atleast its put into the price of it. You buy 10 gallons of fuel just pay the cost of the 10 gallons. Cost me about 60 bucks to fill the x5 and i get 15 miles to the gallon :(

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X