No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car needed a tow & AAA took hours to get there?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      So who wants to put this story together and see why I’m ready to explode?

Called tow truck and never showed. Or someone called and got you towed using the aaa card you kept in glove box

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        Car needed a tow & AAA took hours to get there?
        Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        Called tow truck and never showed. Or someone called and got you towed using the aaa card you kept in glove box
        It actually started yesterday, but isolating this to just todays AAA event... I scheduled a tow yesterday for this morning at 6:45am (after the issue from day before). At 7am I call to make sure Im not stuck waiting hours for a tow truck. Needless to say after the ETA became 8:40am I cancelled it and went inside. My mechanic friend who was going to help me couldnt help me anymore because we wanted to finish around 10am, not start working on it at 10... Now I have to wait 2 more weeks to get this done because of my wonderfully busy schedule.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That sucks. I quit AAA after that kind of thing happened too many times. I have tow through my insurance now. I have only needed it for the '92 cabrio.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
            That sucks. I quit AAA after that kind of thing happened too many times. I have tow through my insurance now. I have only needed it for the '92 cabrio.

lol
            I have tow insurance through Hagerty... that was yesterdays event. Car is still here and I have to wait 2 more weeks now
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Welp, got the Neon back, just in time for some good boost weather! $4400 that the other dudes insurance had to pay. Bumper alone was $800. RIP.
              Attached Files
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

True nonsense.

YouTube is now starting videos with 15 second long ads that you cannot skip.

Small thing, but still some serious nonsense to me.

Blah.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                  True nonsense.

YouTube is now starting videos with 15 second long ads that you cannot skip.

Small thing, but still some serious nonsense to me.

Blah.
                  They want you to sign up for youtubeTV
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                    Welp, got the Neon back, just in time for some good boost weather! $4400 that the other dudes insurance had to pay. Bumper alone was $800. RIP.

How did you end up figuring out that it was sabotaged and who did it. I missed that

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

How did you end up figuring out that it was sabotaged and who did it. I missed that
                      Never figured out who it was. But the shop did find gravel clogging the oil pickup and showed it to the adjuster. They covered $2600 after I paid my deductible and then I paid $800 on top to have A\C completely redone (locked compressor). I ended up paying $3000 out of pocket. Oh well, I got a full motor rebuild and A/C for 3k. Not gonna complain.

Now, THIS trip to the shop was caused by a guy who turned in front of me at an intersection. Barely hit, but enough to screw things up again. I basically got pre-existing damage fixed because of a wreck.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                        Never figured out who it was. But the shop did find gravel clogging the oil pickup and showed it to the adjuster. They covered $2600 after I paid my deductible and then I paid $800 on top to have A\C completely redone (locked compressor). I ended up paying $3000 out of pocket. Oh well, I got a full motor rebuild and A/C for 3k. Not gonna complain.

Now, THIS trip to the shop was caused by a guy who turned in front of me at an intersection. Barely hit, but enough to screw things up again. I basically got pre-existing damage fixed because of a wreck.

Sounds like that car is bad luck lol

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Sounds like that car is bad luck lol
                          Lol dude, you're not wrong
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Only sensible thing to do at this point is light it on fire.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              And collect on insurance payout
                              :nice:
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                And collect on insurance payout
                                :nice:
                                I like the way you guys think. Then dump it all into my E30
                                88 325i Cabrio
                                04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                                X