Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    A weird place to post this, but does anyone know the generic part numbers for C101/X20 pins from digikey, mouser, etc?

I have the BMW PNs, but I'm looking to set up 3 interchangeable harnesses for an FSAE car to be interchangable, and I can't justify pitching them as an option at $1~$1.50 per pin(+/- USD/CAD conversion).

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Wanted to order c101 pins today and can't find any. Even ECS shows discontinued, and the old part number doesn't work anywhere. I'm down to about 40-ish (~2 swaps).

Part # 61131376193, and 61131376191
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    This is what I've been using for years:

unfortunately gage sizes are limited - doesn't work very well for ignition switches, etc. I used to buy a bunch of the larger gage size from BMW, and the rest I'd get as generic parts.
    Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
    Even some dealers will say something is NLA because they either don't know the process or simply don't want to deal with it. This has been especially true with blocked Euro part orders.

My guy is telling me there are plenty of the 61131376193 and 61131376191 available. Let me know if you need to get more and I can shake the trees at BMW.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post

Yeah, makes sense. I guess if it has an old pump and/old filter that wouldn't help. What are they going to do to fix it? I'm assuming it's quite frustrating to tune a car that still has it's fair share of issues.

Is there a difference in transmissions/gear ratios?

New pump, new filter, the car was making 400whp boosted before we swapped in the NA s50 that the customer money shifted. Turned out the fuel rail and injectors were gummed up. Swapped in his turbo fuel rail that had the regulator welded shut, added an external regulator, and put some 19lb injectors in (was on the stock s50 17.5's) - no more fuel issues. After looking at the dyno graphs, I realized the first trip made 246 at 15:1 AFR's, while fun, not safe for a road racing car. Ended up making 255whp/248wtq with TQ being 200+ at just 2500rpm. Did it with a very safe ~12.5afr, probably could have pulled some more power out of it, but seeing the straight at Sebring is .5 miles long, don't trust them being that lean.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:

Comment

Excellent info, thanks a ton.

I just did some digging
        Looks like male pins are TE/AMP 92997*-* and female are 92996*-* (with one possibly defunct outlier at the bottom)

Looks like all kinds of sizes and cut strip/full reel/individual options here:

or Digikey: https://www.digikey.ca/products/en/c...=1&pageSize=25

...and if you deselect the "Mounting Style = Free Hanging" filter, the seals and blanks show up too.
        Last edited by Northern; 12-06-2018, 07:13 AM.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

The female pins are still available. Just ordered 40 of them from FCP for ~$8, 2 day shipping was 3x the price of the pins lol.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

The female pins are still available. Just ordered 40 of them from FCP for ~$8, 2 day shipping was 3x the price of the pins lol.
            The big thing for the team is ordering from a supplier that the school already buys from(and gets a discount with), so we just shoot an email to our faculty rep with PN/qty. If they had to come from a different supplier, or even had to be shipped separately, it would raise questions
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone up for a decent price for an E36 M3 for parts? 1k would take it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                88 325i Cabrio
                04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                  Anyone up for a decent price for an E36 M3 for parts? 1k would take it.

What's wrong with the car?
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

What's wrong with the car?
                    Right rear strut blown through the tower and couldn't get it to start. A few other trim pieces off or broken. Interior isn't terrible. Just not in good condition. Oh and sunroof panel is pushed in at one corner.

88 325i Cabrio
                    04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I should mention it's a repo

88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

Anyone in So Cal in the inland empire wanna help me drop an m20 in my 87 325is my mechanic is MIA. Is it really that hard?? He has the leveler and my jack stands. I wish I had mechanically inclined friends :( I’m growing impatient watching my e30 sit under this tree. I’m just afraid if I do it alone I’ll fuck it up? Idk I’m just ranting blowing off steam I’m sure he will show up he always does. I feel like I’m so close but so far away. On another note I was cleaning my transmission last night and I was using a shirt to scrub it and this may or may not have came off the transmission? Does any one know of that goes to any part of the g260 trans?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3911.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	7198459

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i think that's a clip for the reverse light wires. You should start a separate thread for your project.
                          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                            You should start a separate thread for your project.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

This thread is for nonsense, no BMW talk allowed.

Comment

Beamerboi, nice pic of the GF!

Comment

Working...
                                X