Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dude...how much are euro s50’s in the states going for these days? They’re 7-9.5k euros here in Germany! Ffs

    form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

    Comment


      Well, last week was fucking fantastic. I spun the #4 In the Neon and my E30 was still down for snapped guibo bolts. THEN, on the way home for lunch Thursday, the bead on the rear tire of the moped fucking separated. Got the guibo temp-fixed for now and the bead is back on the tire. Got quoted 4100 for a full rebuild on the Neon.
      What a week....
      Sent from my Broken Ass Cars using Tapatalk
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

      Comment


        Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
        Dude...how much are euro s50’s in the states going for these days? They’re 7-9.5k euros here in Germany! Ffs


        Same price.


        1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top


        Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

        Comment


          Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Same price.
          Well fuck me. M54tu’s go for $500 all day with a trans and full harness. As cool as a euro s50 would be, I don’t think they’re really worth that much. Maybe I’ll get lucky but I’m not holding my breath...

          form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

          Comment


            Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
            Well fuck me. M54tu’s go for $500 all day with a trans and full harness. As cool as a euro s50 would be, I don’t think they’re really worth that much. Maybe I’ll get lucky but I’m not holding my breath...


            Not to mention unless you know a guy or have the title for the car you cant get parts and even then everything is coming from europe nothing is in stock so whats the point.


            1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top


            Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

            Comment


              Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              Not to mention unless you know a guy or have the title for the car you cant get parts and even then everything is coming from europe nothing is in stock so whats the point.
              Well I do know a couple guys who could help me out and I am in Europe but it’s still too expensive unless I feel like giving up an internal organ or two. For me that’s a dream motor besides an s38...so I’ll keep an eye out but gotta be realistic as well.

              form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

              Comment


                Got my grandpa’s old trailer. Had been sitting in a field for years going to freshen it up and use it as a hauler. Just wide enough for an e30 and be able to get in and out of it.

                Plan to cut rails off put a winch on it and refresh it with new deck, paint, lights and tires.





                1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top


                Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

                Comment


                  Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
                  Well I do know a couple guys who could help me out and I am in Europe but it’s still too expensive unless I feel like giving up an internal organ or two. For me that’s a dream motor besides an s38...so I’ll keep an eye out but gotta be realistic as well.


                  Might be easier to buy a beat M3, part it out and keep the goodies you want
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                  -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Got my grandpa’s old trailer. Had been sitting in a field for years going to freshen it up and use it as a hauler. Just wide enough for an e30 and be able to get in and out of it.

                    Plan to cut rails off put a winch on it and refresh it with new deck, paint, lights and tires.



                    I luv u man, but you can't cut the rails off that trailer. Those angles are more than half the support structure of the thing.

                    It will probably fold in half if you hit a big bump with a load on it. Just put a new deck on it and deal with it the way it is.

                    "According to hoyle" car haulers have a 4 to 5 inch piece of channel iron under it as a support structure.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

                    88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      I luv u man, but you can't cut the rails off that trailer. Those angles are more than half the support structure of the thing.



                      It will probably fold in half if you hit a big bump with a load on it. Just put a new deck on it and deal with it the way it is.



                      "According to hoyle" car haulers have a 4 to 5 inch piece of channel iron under it as a support structure.


                      Interesting. I did not think the rails would have that much of an affect on the structure of it. Im sure I can just deal with them as they are inline with fenders so getting rid of them wont really add width to it.


                      1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top


                      Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

                      Comment


                        I also have a rail top trailer. I just pull the e30 over to the right a good bit. I load it so the passenger side of the car is 2-3" away from the metal structure on that side. this leaves me just enough room to slip in and out of the driver's door without banging it on the metal rail. it is very doable but then I don't weigh 300lbs.......
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

                        88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          I also have a rail top trailer. I just pull the e30 over to the right a good bit. I load it so the passenger side of the car is 2-3" away from the metal structure on that side. this leaves me just enough room to slip in and out of the driver's door without banging it on the metal rail. it is very doable but then I don't weigh 300lbs.......


                          Yea thats what I’d plan on doing, and I don’t see why a person if they really wanted to remove side rails couldn’t just add some bracing and more iron under it to add some structural rigidity to it. But probably more work then its worth at that point though. Trailer was free though so I can complain one bit.


                          1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top


                          Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post


                            Could you just cut out the one section in front of the wheel well where the driver door would open?
                            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic



                            Originally posted by delamaize
                            E30 = Lego for men.

                            Comment


                              sup whores
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:


                              WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
                                Could you just cut out the one section in front of the wheel well where the driver door would open?
                                Yeah, maybe just notch out and reinforce a section where the door needs clearance.
                                2000 A4 1.8TQ | 1988 325is | 1976 280Z | 1953 CJ3B

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X