Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon, I'll give you a couple tips!

First of all what I see clean metal, so that's good, I also see no spatting, which is good too, so you got that going on for you. Also, if you text me a pic I can give it a better look and see what you're trying to weld.

What I see w the welds are they're not getting hot enough. You should go find yourself some scrap metal that's the same thickness and get that machine on the right settings.

You can achieve a hotter weld two way, one, cranking the power up, or slowing down your wire speed so you're spending more time in the same area.

You're going to want to go for option two, since the first way can easily send holes through your panels and will take a more intermediate skill to fill up.

At the end of the day, a well set up machine is going to be doing the hard work and you're just telling it where to work.

If you're seeing the edges of the bead above the metal, it's not welding.

Text me more pics
    Last edited by MrBurgundy; 02-24-2022, 10:40 AM.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Type R is gone, sold but broke even... not bad for a vehicle I got to enjoy for about 9 months. Amazing car, but I felt like it was too much money into one vehicle. I'll miss it for sure but now is the time if I want to get into an E30 because soon enough I probably won't be able to find/afford one. Much excite about new beater daily vehicle I'm acquiring soon along with an E30. I'll post a teaser next week or so.

Questions for you all:

For these two vehicles I want to put alarms on them, especially considering one is a known thief magnet.

Who has the 4-1-1 on the best aftermarket car alarms these days? Viper? Other? Been searching but not sure what to get.

- I'm fine with having a pro, actually prefer a pro installing them as long as they don't destroy the factory wiring harness.
      - I really want to put multiple forms of security on both of these older vehicles I'm getting with GPS and other things. Are Killswitches still a thing?
      - I know alarms are not a foolproof way to keep a car from being stolen but I'd rather have as many measures as possible.
      Last edited by DEV0 E30; 02-24-2022, 11:57 AM.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Are there ever true "Pros" that install car alarms or stereos? I have never seen an install of either that isn't completely botched.
        If your standards are low, you could probably do a similar quality job yourself just by the instructions and ETM.
        If they're high, you're absolutely going to do a better job.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I've never seen a well installed stereo or alarm system.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'm pretty sure a local "professional" stereo shop here burned a car ~5 years ago lol.
            I don't know what it is about electrical/wiring, but some people seem to get the slightest grasp of how a wire works and then start butchering wiring harnesses as a "professional."

Comment

Bah humbug. I don't want to deal with electrical, but I too have seen too many terrible installs. Some of the higher-end alarms appear to require professional installation at "approved dealer/retailers."

Comment

moatilliatta 's post on r3v facebook today was a sad reminder that r3v fb has been overrun by neanderthals, none of whom have actually owned an e30.

Comment

Whats it say? Some of us arent on FB
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Best not to be on Facebook. It a huge time suck ghetto waste of mass unintelligence. But if you think about it, look around were already here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/R3VL...61769532627627

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Anyone have that Gif of the hand pushing the cursor away from the NEW POST button to the SEARCH button?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Whats it say? Some of us arent on FB
                          PM incoming

Comment

Just over a month until the local track and drag strip is closed, and the last "test and tune" night is 3 weeks away. Bummer, because there is near zero chance I'll have the wagon finished in time to make any passes. Would have had it done months ago if certain parts weren't unduly hard to get my hands on.
                            Last edited by varg; 03-04-2022, 12:35 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

I came to the rescue. I hate FB r3v retards and FB r3v in general.

Comment

New daily:

Comment

Working...
                                X