Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Damn, September already... Its going to be 2022 before we know it
    Is 2021 the year of who gives a fuck about r3v? It seems that way since I can be away for two days, come back, and only have a few meaningful threads to read.

Comment

I don't know if that I am checking slightly more frequently but there have been a handful of interesting threads recently. Almost like some different traffic is coming through.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Im not seeing any truck updates either...
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It was in the works. Probably get an e30 update in this month too. I am mekanic

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
            I don't know if that I am checking slightly more frequently but there have been a handful of interesting threads recently. Almost like some different traffic is coming through.
            I've been trying to be as active as possible now that I've bought another E30 project! So I guess at least some different traffic haha. I almost couldn't remember my login info and took me an hour of trying and guessing to remember my password. Until I realized I kept trying to use the wrong username haha. I've been trying to post as much as possible when I have anything relevant or remotely meaningful to say lol. I think prior to me logging back in a month or so ago, it had been probably 5-6yrs or more since the last time I even logged in!

Comment

Originally posted by E30auddie View Post

I've been trying to be as active as possible now that I've bought another E30 project! So I guess at least some different traffic haha. I almost couldn't remember my login info and took me an hour of trying and guessing to remember my password. Until I realized I kept trying to use the wrong username haha. I've been trying to post as much as possible when I have anything relevant or remotely meaningful to say lol. I think prior to me logging back in a month or so ago, it had been probably 5-6yrs or more since the last time I even logged in!
              Welcome back. R3V has been going for so long that Nick has had time to become a doctor, and it's all because of R3V.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Welcome back. R3V has been going for so long that Nick has had time to become a doctor, and it's all because of R3V.
                It would be funny to start a thread of a "just joined" to "now" post. I'm not an OG with a 2012 join date but I've had 3 e30 (2 other vehicles) and have had time to graduate with 2 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

It would be funny to start a thread of a "just joined" to "now" post. I'm not an OG with a 2012 join date but I've had 3 e30 (2 other vehicles) and have had time to graduate with 2 degrees.
                  I'm still total garbage.

Crazy that you say that about not being an OG like some of the guys who are getting near 20 years, but we're coming up on a decade now, which is pretty wild.

I'm trying to be active a lot more here too, but I'm mostly just reading other peoples threads, rather than updating my own..

It's been hard to hit consistent updates, since I'm so busy with other peoples projects, so I feel like updating the little things I'm getting done isn't entertaining enough to follow lol
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Just seen the owner of EAG passed away tonight in a motorcycle accident. Very sad.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      Crazy that you say that about not being an OG like some of the guys who are getting near 20 years, but we're coming up on a decade now, which is pretty wild.
                      Indeed it is! What really amazes me is whenever I come across someone who's been on here longer than I've been alive.

When I first got on here I just read a bunch of old build threads and came across Dave's account. He's been on here since literally one day before I was born! Just so weird to think about how r3v has gone on long enough for ME to become a member on here now too.

Anyways I feel like talking about how my generation views forums since I doubt you guys get to hear it much and there's lots of speculation about what kids my age even use to replace forums.

Personally, I've grown up on forums and have used them for every hobby I've ever taken up. I started with SLAP for skateboarding, then NikeTalk for sneakers, ChiefDelphi for FRC robotics, and now r3v for e30s. Every time I have a question, I always check dedicated forums first before other sites. It's my preferred medium for two main reasons: better communities and MUCH better organization than places like reddit.

I'm not sure if most of my generation even knows what forums are though. I got my buddy on SLAP and he loves it, but if I'm on r3v in class and I tell a kid I'm on a forum most just look confused and I have to end up explaining it to them. At the same time, kids my age despise facebook and I can guarantee you most people around me that are currently under 20 will not end up on facebook. I think most just go to reddit or discord groups if they're genuinely interested in a hobby. The abundance of youtube videos also leaves a lot of people with the ability to watch how to do something rather than read it.

I'm hoping that enough kids join and help keep forums alive, but the desire for instant information from my generation draws them away from forums since they expect a fast response to their new topic; even though the question had been answered multiple times in the past. We'll see what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Haha, amazing. And it's possible that I was even around before my current join date. I've had E30s since 2006 and I feel pretty certain I would've had an account then, unless I just lurked until 2010. Idk, it has too many moons since 2010 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post

TL;DQuote
                          I've hit my math quota for the week, so without going and looking at join dates, are you even old enough to drive your E30 yet?

This is an extremely good write up though. I think you're a generation after me, but I feel like my generation is still trying to replace forums with facebook groups. Like you though, any hobby I've ever picked up, or even considered picking up, I've immediately gone and looked for forums to see what the community is like. I MUCH prefer forums over anything else.

Pretty sure you hit the nail on the head too with everyone, younger generations especially, wanting instant gratification and not wanting to put the work in to do the research to find something. Granted, it hasn't helped that for years, members of any forum, would blast anyone that started a thread asking a question that had been asked a thousand times. Don't get me wrong, it annoys me too, and I'm sure I've done it myself, but it certainly didn't help a majority of people it seems stick around on forums.

Also, sorry for the double post. i r stoopid and can't remember how to multi quote and didn't really feel like trying to figure it out right now. Plus I'm trying to pump them post count numbers up haha.

Comment

I'm trying to be active a lot more here too, but I'm mostly just reading other peoples threads, rather than updating my own..

I'm still total garbage.

nuff said...

update your GD threads !!!

E30auddie start a thread with the new ride!... or have I missed it
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

2mAn, you haven't missed it, I just haven't made one yet. I know that I will probably start one, throw a few pics in there, then keep forgetting to take pics while I'm working. Especially considering I'm only able to work on it a couple hours a week haha. Not to mention it has been miserably hot lately and the car is sitting outside, and is black, so all I want to do when I work on it is get a couple things pulled off the car and be done and get back inside to the a/c and not stop to take pics haha. That being said, I will probably still start one at some point in hopes that it will keep me motivated to work on it. And it starting to gradually cool off so that I will be slightly more inclined to work on it.

She's a late model 318i that was very very neglected. I found it through a friend sitting in a crackhead's front yard in the woods. Windshield was busted and the sunroof was stuck open from copious amounts of sticks and pinestraw, so needless to say there was ponding in the floorboards and the seats were REKT. Somehow though, there is actually very little rust on the floor pans. I haven't made it to the trunk to start gutting it yet to see if there is any hiding back there, but when I first looked at the car I didn't see any right off. Aside from that it has no drivetrain. Only thing left are the axles in the back. I actually preferred that for this one though because [prepare for sacrilege] I'm planning on putting an LS3 in it.

See, I typed all that out and could've just as easily put it in a build thread haha.

Comment

Originally posted by E30auddie View Post

See, I typed all that out and could've just as easily put it in a build thread haha.
                                Cut & Paste, my friend... and then add a few pics. Then I can randomly bump it so you can do an annual update... which reminds me I have a few threads to bump
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X