No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tin foil hat on: people who prep for disasters secretly want them to happen and forment their occurence so they can be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Wait what? Why would an F4 have a fuel pump if it's carbureted? Shouldn't that be an F4i only thing?
      Apparently not. I found a few threads where people bypassed the pump because their pump died, and they seemed to have issues at high RPM. There's only maybe 2" of head to the carbs, the recess on the bottom of the tank is really large.

We're going to find out in a week or so. I somehow blew up the CDI brain by jump starting the bike with a car battery, so I had to source another.
      Still have to figure out the whole tail light/undertail situation as well.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        By real money I meant any amount more than zero. Good thing that I'm doing my part to keep prices down by giving my B27 away for free.
        I will gladly exchange some funds for the crank./rods, your time and shipping costs. :p :p

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Tin foil hat on: people who prep for disasters secretly want them to happen and forment their occurence so they can be bad.
          My wife has asked me my phrase many times over the last week or so. It's called "self fufilling prophecy". A person walks in the store and sees the TP shelves empty and automatically go into a small crisis "fight or flight" mode - then goes in a mission to find TP. It's in our base code in the brain.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Mini rant, why can't we multi quote with a tap anymore?

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Apparently not. I found a few threads where people bypassed the pump because their pump died, and they seemed to have issues at high RPM. There's only maybe 2" of head to the carbs, the recess on the bottom of the tank is really large.

We're going to find out in a week or so. I somehow blew up the CDI brain by jump starting the bike with a car battery, so I had to source another.
            Still have to figure out the whole tail light/undertail situation as well.
            Fuel volume is dismissed, even by the best "mechanics" I have dealt with over the years. It happens a lot with FI too. People diag the cars, fuel pressure is up to snuff, buy lacking volume. Many people don't know it takes no special tools to do a volume test. You need at least a quart/liter in 15sec of fuel pump energization. Lots of times a pump will pass a pressure test, but not volume.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

^ yeah I think the pump only kicks in above some RPM when fuel demand is more than it can gravity feed, not really sure. From what I've read, it doesn't just run all the time.

I'm really hoping that whoever installed the jet kit and aftermarket exhaust on the bike also did this fuel pump/filter delete. Seems like it was well loved at that point, and that owner knew what they were doing.

Comment

Sounds like many e30's I've met lol
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:

Comment

Working from home for the next 30 days. Thought I would be hungrier than my normal day at work so I stocked up on some Jelly Beans. Oddly enough, the Easter candy aisle was almost full. At work they discourage snacking at your desk as to not disrupt other cubicles/open space offices so I'm glad I can eat whenever and wherever I want now.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

my work is on a mandatory work from home for all. They also are letting us expense a monitor for home. Pretty cool. So it's been slow for us, so I've been watching youtube and playing games...
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

That's it. I'm scared if the virus and going to work from home. Sorry all my m20 fans, no tooling it machines at home, so we will only be accepting orders and payments. Lol.

Sometimes I envy the traditional work force, but honestly I love my "job" too much to change.

I work alone and have occasional local visits, so not too concerned about social distancing in my field. My concern is the dip in work load that will probably happen once my backlog gets closer to present. Next several weeks are covered, just hoping the guys that have been waiting patiently will be ready to pull the trigger on projects at that point.

Meh. It is what it is, just wish people would stop freaking out and emptying the grocers. Suppliers have said multiple times there's no shortages, just the purchasing pattern is off. WTF. All the butter, coffee creamer and TP is gone, but plenty of milk, cheese etc.
                      Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 03-17-2020, 02:02 PM.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

We've been mandated to work from home for 3 weeks (as of this weekend.) Struggling to figure out how we can do any meaningful work...

Comment

same here the hoss is thinking about closing down the shop for acouple weeks.

also, wtf. lol
                          these chinease ppl don't know how an engine works.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for For BMW E36 E46 M50 M52 325i 328i Intake Manifold +Throttle body+ Fuel Rail Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

I cleaned the carbs and shimmed the needles on my little ninja 250R the other day. Cleaned the airbox/filter and some other shit too, runsmuch better than it was at the end of last year.
                            I have a new front tire and brake rotor that need to go on, then an oil change and chain lube and it should be good to go.

I paid $450 for insurance for it last year through my broker, but did an online quote through my bank and it's $150/yr ($13/mo) so I guess I'm going to do that until the CBR runs and I sell this one.

With the quarantine, I'll also have time to figure out the tune for the E30, and swap injectors, fuel pump, and add my EBC. No shortage of shit to do thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              same here the hoss is thinking about closing down the shop for acouple weeks.

also, wtf. lol
                              these chinease ppl don't know how an engine works.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-E36...8AAOSwlQ5bWq2t
                              I've seen people in facebook groups run the M20 version of this and it blows my mind that people see something shiny and just channel their inner crow and say "fuck it, it's shiny, must be the best"

Comment

That eBay ad has five stars for reviews lol. I totally trust a review where the guy say "really good for makeing power". Hah
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X