No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else see those terrible Lyft commercials lately?

Totally racist! So far there's three of them, and they all play upon false stereotypes of black males.
    Let's review them in detail:
    1. Black dude can't say "hello"
    Here we have a black dude in the back seat who's unable to conceive how to use a common hand gesture of waving to say hello.
    This one's probably the weirdest of the bunch, as it makes me feel like the Lyft service is only for weird/weird black dudes
    2. Black/Sorta black dude running late
    Here's another stereotype that black males are always late. Therefore they all assume that they need a driving service to get them to work on time.
    3. Black dude jamming in backseat
    Here's another stereotype that all black dudes enjoy jammin to their Beats headphones and rap/ R&B music

Overall they all assume that black males are too cheap/poor to afford their own vehicle.

Seriously tho, these ads are just cheesy and lame. Somebody's gotta put an end to this crap
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      True story, I really want a GLK250 (Twin Turbo 4 cyl Diesel!) and I want to lower it to wagon/hatchback height rather than the crossover/mini SUV height it comes with
      Those things are everywhere around here. The hubs are level with the rockers, probably a 2-3" drop to get it to typical wagon height.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by !RocknE30! View Post

Hahaha holy shit, what's up man?! I definitely remember your from rcz! That's awesome you ended up with an E30 as well. I found an old image hosting account earlier (after hunting down photos of my e30) with a bunch of pics from high school, talk about a trip down memory lane today. I actually snagged a Losi baja rey to screw around with last year, the rc car itch never seems to go away. God man RCZ, I was legit in middle school when I started posting there. Looks like that board kicked the bucket years ago, I randomly checked to see if it still existed a while back.
        Ha, wasn't sure if you'd remember me, cool. Talk about a blast from the past. Yeah, I used to check in there every so often, and it had slowed to a crawl before it finally went offline maybe 2 years ago. That was the first forum I was on, think I got on there just as I was starting high school. I still have my RC stuff, but haven't touched it probably since I started driving.

Hope you stick around, would be good to get some old posters back on here.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Ha, wasn't sure if you'd remember me, cool. Talk about a blast from the past. Yeah, I used to check in there every so often, and it had slowed to a crawl before it finally went offline maybe 2 years ago. That was the first forum I was on, think I got on there just as I was starting high school. I still have my RC stuff, but haven't touched it probably since I started driving.

Hope you stick around, would be good to get some old posters back on here.
          Yeah I'm pretty sure I had you on AIM with a few other RCZ guys back in the day, so there's a handful of usernames I remember and yours was one haha. That's a bit of a bummer it went under, there's still a handful of rc forums that are still trucking along and are pretty active. I've got all my old nitro stuff in my garage as well and it's been sitting since the end of HS I'd bet. Electrics are so damn fast these days and a million times more convenient than gas, so I finally caved and snagged one to screw around with.

I will likely be more active on here, especially in a few weeks when I am back in AZ and working on my 318. I've been in Wyoming all summer, so nice to get out of the AZ summer weather for a long period of time. Excited to get back and get the old car running again. I had a 2013 WRX for around 7 years and sold it last year, so I'm DDing an 07 prius and my girlfriend's tacoma lol. Need to get back into something with a manual trans that's fun to drive. I've got a built up FJ80 land cruiser as well, but it's stored at my folks house up north (along with the e30) since they have a much bigger lot than I do. Finally booted my roomies at the start of the year, so I've got a lot more driveway space but I think my dad has partial custody of the cruiser at this point. He's retired and a gear head, so it's turned into his project as well. Most of the places to go wheeling are up north anyways near or past their house, so I dont mind not having to dog it up the highway to get up into the mountains. It's re-geared but still a total pig.

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyWelch
            Australia and other super power countries are going crazy because of the new variant of covid.
            you dont say...
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

you dont say...
              Apparently they didn't.

Comment

The most important piece there is what a superpower Australia has become
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I mean, duh, their weaponized kangaroos have long since cemented their place as the dominant marsupial wielding global superpower. The spammer just left out that critical bit.

Comment

Figured you guys would like this, video opens with a pretty cool E30, some other interesting cars there as well.

I was told that there were some things in Richard Griot's collection that I would be pumped about... and they were right! I wasn't planning on this to be a v...

Comment

Come a long way since losing a war to Emus

The one time I'm happy to see r3v dead is after I don't visit for a month and have to catch up on posts. Only 3 pages I had to catch up on in this thread.
                      Started a new job end of June, settling in has taken a bit.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

IS there anyone out there who has a 4/10 work week? 2 day weekends are way too short
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

IS there anyone out there who has a 4/10 work week? 2 day weekends are way too short
                          I used to, but I was too young to fully appreciate it. Having that as a teenager is not the same thing as having it as an adult with a solid schedule and heftier responsibilities.

I've been staying with my brother on and off at his house doing projects, and he works 5/8's and man does his weekend seem far too short. Through him, I can slightly experience that pain. Doesn't seem right, but that's the way it is.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I can do whatever I want as long as it adds up to 75h/2wks, a lot of guys here will take every second Monday and work 8.33 days.
                            A few downsides though: most of our work is tied to other departments and most of those only work until 4, so I would look bad unless I came in at like 7:15 (and right now I enjoy waking up at the same time as my wife.)
                            Having non-standard length days fucks with my OT and single days of vacation time, and makes time recording a pain.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

work? what's that? I thought we just sit around and collect checks

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

work? what's that? I thought we just sit on R3V and collect checks

I work from home, so theres not really an official clock-in clock-out thing happening anymore and as long as Im working 8-billable hours per day OR if all the available work is done, Im good, but that still doesnt mean I can just chill all day. Good news is that Ive been 'clocked-in' for 2 hours now and Ive already done 3+ hours of work and theres nothing really left to do..
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X