No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my job, but it doesn't pay enough. They say they'll pay me more when business becomes more steady (husband and wife owned optometry practice). I'm learning a lot and they treat me really well. I don't know what to do :/

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

That's never going to happen.

Comment

The answer (OK, opinions are what you're looking for) really depends on how old you are, what your education is, what you need money for and where you figure you're headed.

Some background please?

In the absence of all that, I've worked for low pay for good people for good experience and I never burned a bridge or left on bad terms. Strangely, it's worked out so far.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
          I love my job, but it doesn't pay enough. They say they'll pay me more when business becomes more steady (husband and wife owned optometry practice). I'm learning a lot and they treat me really well. I don't know what to do :/
          I thought you worked for Amazon?
          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
          (Daily Driver)
          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
          KW V2 Coilovers
          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
              My mom and dad every time they're in my car.....

Sent from my DeLorean

Comment

Originally posted by SubDad View Post
                The answer (OK, opinions are what you're looking for) really depends on how old you are, what your education is, what you need money for and where you figure you're headed.

Some background please?

In the absence of all that, I've worked for low pay for good people for good experience and I never burned a bridge or left on bad terms. Strangely, it's worked out so far.
                I'm 26 and a high school drop out. The money is to live (rent, bills, etc). I'm working for a family owned optometry practice, and they're training me to be an optician. Part of the reason why they're paying me less than they should is the 4 people before me (in the last year) were giant fuck ups. I've been here about a month and I'm still cleaning up the mess of my predecessors. I could see myself doing this long term, it's interesting and relevant to my life (I require corrective lenses to function), and I love helping and interacting with people.

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                I thought you worked for Amazon?
                They let me go in July. I was looking for a new job anyway, I was tired of getting treated like a cog. It's funny, with my new job I'm far less stressed out even though I'm having to stretch further to pay my bills. It's amazing what environment does to your attitude. I appreciate the experience and made some good friends, but honestly that company doesn't give a fuck about their employees, the managers included. The only thing I miss is the money and the people I worked with.

Moral of this story?

Comment

currently driving around with no O2 sensor... took me all summer to break it loose.

Vroom Vroom ;)

--Mike
                  (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I'm 26 and a high school drop out. The money is to live (rent, bills, etc). I'm working for a family owned optometry practice, and they're training me to be an optician. Part of the reason why they're paying me less than they should is the 4 people before me (in the last year) were giant fuck ups. I've been here about a month and I'm still cleaning up the mess of my predecessors. I could see myself doing this long term, it's interesting and relevant to my life (I require corrective lenses to function), and I love helping and interacting with people.

That sounds like a better picture. Drop out shmop out, experience rules these days man. If this all seems to be the case then keep the course, do great and then see it as a letter of a recommendation away as a stepping stone to something better. Of course if this is something you're looking to do. Even if it's something to make you able to go back to school.

Comment

I really enjoy it. It's cool to have a new perspective on things I use in my daily life. The atmosphere is really homey and they treat me well. Already they've given me new lenses for my glasses as well as contacts to try since I'd never used them before.

My watch got stolen off of my porch (it's solar powered and was out to charge) and my boss gave me a brand new watch he had and wasn't using.

Moral of this story?

Comment

It's also nice to know that as long as I work there I'll never have to pay for an eye exam. Also they let me pay cost for anything we have. The markups on some things are insane lol

Moral of this story?

Comment

The markups on some things are insane lol

Tell me about it, I have a good family friend optometrist and she's given me 2 pairs of ray ban sunglasses and 1 pair of ray ban prescription glasses, and in return I do basic maintenance on her E93 335i, so I'd say it's a pretty good trade off :up:

Comment

I want free Rey Benz

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                              I want free Rey Benz

I have a pair of regular wayfarers that I can sell you on the cheap if you would like (not one of the free pairs I received)

Comment

PM me pics dawgy

I want to be one of the cool kids

Comment

Working...
                                X