• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R3vving during study hall
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

happy 911 day homos
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
        R3vving during study hall
        Butthurt.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I monitor my credit score religiously. I looked at it today, ordered a new report and saw that my credit score had jumped 97 points in 1 month and 2 inquiries will be off in 2 weeks putting me at the 760+ range!!!!! Consider me a happy camper considering 2 years ago I was at a 540 something and have been fighting tooth and claw to get it back up. Now I can finally feel Uncle Sam's grip around my balls loosening up. Now I just have to start working on those damn student loans.
          Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

^^^
            Same here
            I barely got a card and have been using it responsibly; paid at end of the month, sometimes I'll max it (I only have a limit of $750, so that's very easy for me to do). Capital One told me to shove it when I applied for a credit increase, even though I make $30k a year now and have a monthly spending of around $2k

I'm usually around 740, but every time I go over a $300 balance, it'll drop to 650. No big deal, as when it gets paid off, it jumps back up: I'll have 2 inquiries off in 5 months, which means with a balance of $0, my score will jump up to 750 and hopefully qualify me for a larger balance card.

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
              I monitor my credit score religiously. I looked at it today, ordered a new report and saw that my credit score had jumped 97 points in 1 month and 2 inquiries will be off in 2 weeks putting me at the 760+ range!!!!! Consider me a happy camper considering 2 years ago I was at a 540 something and have been fighting tooth and claw to get it back up. Now I can finally feel Uncle Sam's grip around my balls loosening up. Now I just have to start working on those damn student loans.
              Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
              ^^^
              Same here
              I barely got a card and have been using it responsibly; paid at end of the month, sometimes I'll max it (I only have a limit of $750, so that's very easy for me to do). Capital One told me to shove it when I applied for a credit increase, even though I make $30k a year now and have a monthly spending of around $2k

I'm usually around 740, but every time I go over a $300 balance, it'll drop to 650. No big deal, as when it gets paid off, it jumps back up: I'll have 2 inquiries off in 5 months, which means with a balance of $0, my score will jump up to 750 and hopefully qualify me for a larger balance card.
              Man that sucks! I will never get a credit card or take out a loan so I will have a credit score of 0!!!! For the rest of my life =)

Sent from my DeLorean

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                ^^^
                Same here

The thing is try as much as you can NOT to exceed 30% of any credit card...especially not your allowed credit limit. That's probably why they have said no. I have a macy's card that has a limit of $100 and it's a challenge and a half just to find something that I can buy once a month that doesn't go over $30 w/ tax just to keep my card active. Hopefully I can get an increase because it's a joke having a macy's card with a $100 limit. But what really helped was getting a credit card through my bank. They gave me a $4k limit right off the bat with 18 months of no interest. So I know that's what bumped me up so much.
                Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                Man that sucks! I will never get a credit card or take out a loan so I will have a credit score of 0!!!! For the rest of my life =)

Sent from my DeLorean
                If you don't mind me asking, do you ever plan on buying a house, new car, any loans, etc.? Did you know even your insurance rates, in the states, are affected by your credit score? Your credit score in the states affects damn near everything.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, do you ever plan on buying a house, new car, any loans, etc.? Did you know even your insurance rates, in the states, are affected by your credit score? Your credit score in the states affects damn near everything.
                  There are other ways to prove that you have credit. Consecutively paid utility bills, proof of assets, having parents cosign, and showing proof of paying taxes. There are ways to get around having "no credit". All credit shows is how much debt you've been in, how much you've paid off, and how much projected debt you'll be in in the future. It's hard yes but I don't want to have debt or a credit card. I don't want to be a slave to any man, bank, or loan shark. I just want to be free from the oppression of owing someone money.
                  BTW I only plan on buying a house. I never want to buy a new car or take out a loan. I have my classic BMW's anyways!

Sent from my DeLorean

Comment

How old are you?

There's no problem with having a credit card unless you're a dumbass that spends more than you can afford to pay off.

You might think not having a credit card is a good idea now, but I think you're going to end up regretting it in the long run.

Comment

I think he will too. Unfortunately, that's how the American system runs...CREDIT! If you don't have it then good luck. Eventually you will run into something in your life that will require some kind of real credit history. This isn't the 50's anymore.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

The thing is try as much as you can NOT to exceed 30% of any credit card...especially not your allowed credit limit. That's probably why they have said no. I have a macy's card that has a limit of $100 and it's a challenge and a half just to find something that I can buy once a month that doesn't go over $30 w/ tax just to keep my card active. Hopefully I can get an increase because it's a joke having a macy's card with a $100 limit. But what really helped was getting a credit card through my bank. They gave me a $4k limit right off the bat with 18 months of no interest. So I know that's what bumped me up so much.
                        It's not that; the first 6 months I was always under 20% and paid in full on time every time. I was given an increase 3 months in, and then I called 3 months after and they declined my increase. The reason they supplied was "This account has already received a credit ceiling limit".

That's when I said "DGAF, I need to use my card".

I was messing with CreditKarma and Capital One's Credit Score prediction programs: my current score is 658, but with a balance of 0 on the card, it shoots up to 742. Since I KNOW I can pay off my card at the end of the month, I use the 0 balance Credit number as my guide, not my current credit score.

Apparently I'm pre-approved for up to $3k at Chase with their Freedom card. Since I bank with them, I might go out and get it and drop this Capital One card for good. $750 is too low of a limit for me, and if they refuse to bump my ceiling, they're gonna be losing me soon as a customer.

If I get the Chase card with a $3k limit and have a balance of 0 on both cards, my score shoots up to 772 projected.
                        I'd be happy with that number
                        Last edited by JinormusJ; 09-11-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

That's what I would do...hell that is what I did ha. It'll allow you to be more dynamic with what you spend your money on and give you more cushion as far as overall credit percentage used.

Comment

Yeah,
                            I have a monthly credit usage of $500-$750. Using that on my current card would max it out, like I've been doing.

Bumping up to a $3-4k would keep even my most frivolous spending months stay under the magic 20% limit.

Comment

Even if you don't plan on spending more than that percentage it's still nice to know you have that extra leg room in case of serious emergencies. TBH when my bank told me my limit I was like "no way in hell do I plan on spending near that much."

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                                How old are you?

There's no problem with having a credit card unless you're a dumbass that spends more than you can afford to pay off.

You might think not having a credit card is a good idea now, but I think you're going to end up regretting it in the long run.
                                I'm 19 and my parents are both 54 don't own any credit cards, own 2 houses, and only have a mortgage on one house. They pay for everything with cash and so do my grandparents. My dad owns a small business and my mom is an elementary school teacher. They don't make a ton of money but they don't have to be in debt to have a nice life and to purchase things. And instead of using a credit card for emergencies they have a savings account for emergencies. Its about 3 months of their income saved up and they only use it for emergencies and nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X