No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 hours of quality time working on the car today.

why the hell are rear sway bar bushings so damn hard to clamp down? literally if they made the bolt 2mm longer it would have been so easy.

--Mike
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
      7 hours of quality time working on the car today.

why the hell are rear sway bar bushings so damn hard to clamp down? literally if they made the bolt 2mm longer it would have been so easy.

--Mike
      Did that 2 days ago! I used some dish soap to let the bracket slip on easier and vice grips to get the brackets in place. That was the easy part. The hard part was getting the fucking thing lined up with the bolt hole so that the bolt would go in. Out of all the things that could have given me grief, I didn't expect it to be that. Actually, it went really smoothly, except for that.

Getting the endlinks on however... what a bitch. Had to enlist dad's help for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        Did that 2 days ago! I used some dish soap to let the bracket slip on easier and vice grips to get the brackets in place. That was the easy part. The hard part was getting the fucking thing lined up with the bolt hole so that the bolt would go in. Out of all the things that could have given me grief, I didn't expect it to be that. Actually, it went really smoothly, except for that.

Getting the endlinks on however... what a bitch. Had to enlist dad's help for that one.
        Ohhh same same! I thought I was BA because I came up with the vise grip idea, but I couldnt line up the fucking bolt holes. and the drivers side was wayy worse hah probably spent an hour fighting with that one alone. did you use stock? I got the poly from autozone lol

--Mike
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Ohhh same same! I thought I was BA because I came up with the vise grip idea, but I couldnt line up the fucking bolt holes. I even used a mallet on them. and the drivers side was wayy worse hah probably spent an hour fighting with that one alone. did you use stock? I got the poly from autozone lol

--Mike

--Mike
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Ohhh same same! I thought I was BA because I came up with the vise grip idea, but I couldnt line up the fucking bolt holes. and the drivers side was wayy worse hah probably spent an hour fighting with that one alone. did you use stock? I got the poly from autozone lol

--Mike
            Yeah, OE bushings and end links for me.

Comment

lol just did my sway bars and end links today too. shit was a bitch

Comment

haha there's gotta be a better way.... that's all I can say. I think maybe next time I'm going to just take the whole rear bar off. The fronts were fine though, easy as pie.

--Mike
                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Good to hear the fronts are easier, gonna be doing those soon. I thought about taking the bar off so I can just use a vice to press the links on, but it doesn't look like the bar will come out without taking off the spring/shock/wheel. Didn't feel like doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                    Good to hear the fronts are easier, gonna be doing those soon. I thought about taking the bar off so I can just use a vice to press the links on, but it doesn't look like the bar will come out without taking off the spring/shock/wheel. Didn't feel like doing that.
                    the links dont have to be pressed, two 13mm bolts hold the link on from control arm to the bar. then the sway bar bushing is hidden in a bracket thats held on by just one 17mil and another 13mil. front is super easy. IDK if we were doing thr rears wrong but it made me so frustrated i wanted to cry and club a baby seal while stabbing forks in my eyes.

These cars man, what they do to you

--Mike
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Nonsense Thread

No, you did the rears right... They were a pain in the ass... Made worse in our case because we had the reinforcement plates in, it required vice grips, a mallet, a punch, and 15 gallons of curse words to get them to line up.
                      Last edited by HennaE30; 04-20-2015, 10:18 AM.
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Anyone doing the front sways, do yourself a favor. Grab the reinforcement kit from ireland engineering.
                        Swanny!
                        SUCKERS.

Comment

anybody know whats the fair price to pay for 325 e90 2006 with 135000 miles on it / bk on bk if that makes any difference...

Comment

picking up a used longboard for $40 bucks to go cruising along the seawall this summer and just to get out and do something different than running/walking. I dont' own a bicycle and dont' have much room for one either.

Last weekend I saw this cute chic in front of my building (20s~ish) trying to learn how to get her skateboard going with some good momentum. She was freakin cute! I thought of a board earlier this spring, but that sight cemented it for me.

Getting kinda giddy just thinking about it to be honest. Those warm nights cruising along, checkin out the chics. Pretty stoked :D
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Every time I see something about Brianne Altice

brianne altice in plea deal over sex with three davis high school pupils

All I can think about is

Seriously what dumb kids for dropping the ball on that one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah IDK 35 year old high school blonde milf english teacher wants to touch the peter in detention after class.... I mean, isn't that the dream?

--Mike
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X