No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I dropped my 24v in over the weekend, and have some time to mess with it today so I decide to stick the driveshaft in:

Oh wait, why does it look like the driveshaft isn't straight? Probably because it isn't.
    Everything I read about using the E36 driveshaft says to get an E30 CSB and install it backwards.
    I don't know who the crackhead was, or why they decided it should go on backwards, but they're wrong. The offset E30 CSB bolts to the offset mounts on the E30 trans tunnel to center the driveshaft at the CSB. If you flip the CSB, instead of cancelling out the two offset parts, they add together and your driveshaft is way off.

Driveshaft was almost fully installed, only the CSB to go. It was great timing to piss me off.

I could've left it, but future me would have been mad when it failed...

It was kind of a bitch to remove and re-install without damaging it, but I managed it. In the process I pulled the whole rubber/mounting part off of the actual bearing and found that it's just loosely pressed on. I guess it's supposed to be preloaded so it doesn't work its way off the bearing.

I'm pretty salty about this right now.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Is it straight from the trans to the CSB? And is there a u-joint between the CSB and diff?

The reason I ask, is because it doesn't need to be straight. What you need is equal angles at both u-joints so your rate of acceleration on each end is equal.

So if its straight at the tailshaft and straight at the CSB, then turns at a u-joint and turns again at the diff, as long as the angles at both u-joints are equal you are good to go.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Is it straight from the trans to the CSB? And is there a u-joint between the CSB and diff?

The reason I ask, is because it doesn't need to be straight. What you need is equal angles at both u-joints so your rate of acceleration on each end is equal.

So if its straight at the tailshaft and straight at the CSB, then turns at a u-joint and turns again at the diff, as long as the angles at both u-joints are equal you are good to go.
        It's angled out of the trans to the CSB, then ujoint, then ujoint at the diff. I guess if the ujoints are equal and opposite it may work, but if you don't flip the CSB it would just be straight as usual.

I don't think a kink in the driveshaft like that would be good for CSB life at all, especially when there's no reason to do it. After reinstalling the csb normally, there was more room to preload it anyway.

Comment

Drunk guy at a party last night got all in my face over some girl that I literally don't even know and have never heard of, so I started kind of laughing because to me that's hilarious, and he starts pushing me, etc. Then he weakly swang. basically hits me in the neck lol. Popped him one in the mouth and he stopped and walked away rubbing his face. funny how that worked.

And then I got kicked out of the party anyway.

How's everybody doing? That driveshaft looks fucked up.

--Mike
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

^
            I always found in highschool that I'd get picked on/targeted by random "tough guys" at parties because I was the largest guy in the room. Stupid highschool shit like that doesn't last long, and people seemed to chill out once we got to university and beyond...

Driveshaft was indeed fucked.

This didn't really come as a huge surprise, but we were told today we're not getting another aircraft in for 3rd line work, so all but two of us are getting shipped off to other projects in other hangars for at least the rest of the year. The two of us left are going to work on misc components sent from the fleet, since the bases are swamped with what used to be our work.

Fun times.

Comment

had a dream last night that i was in my garage and like 6 or 8 loud red e30 m3's raced by my house rally style and one slid and crashed into a tree in my neighbors yard, and the driver was wearing a white helmet and opened the door and ran down the street after the other e30s, so real quick, idk I had my tool kit, i ran over and stole the trunk spoiler and then hid in my house. and then I woke up.

--Mike
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Trina strikes again!
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Trina strikes again!
                  ROFLMAO

--Mike
                  (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

^He probably just poped his tyres

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

waking up without minty spoiler in hand sucked though I hate dreams like that

--Mike
                      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

He should have just downshifted and drifted between the tree and the house...he would still have his minty spoiler.
                        Originally Posted by ACMF74
                        i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          ^He probably just poped his tyres

No they were probably off a psi. Lol
                          Originally posted by flyboyx
                          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                          Originally posted by Northern
                          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
                            He should have just downshifted and drifted between the tree and the house...he would still have his minty spoiler.
                            Trina/F34R Collab?
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah but this guy was legit tryna kill the tree, 7 e30 m3s zip by, and this guy madtytes into my neighbors yard....

.... this is in my dreams... clearly the addiction has grown too large.

--Mike
                              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                                yeah but this guy was legit tryna kill the tree, 7 e30 m3s zip by, and this guy madtytes into my neighbors yard....

.... this is in my dreams... clearly the addiction has grown too large.

--Mike
                                Heaven forbid you start liking other cars. I've gone through e30s, e36s, e34s, 2002s, now I have a strange infatuation with 62-66 Chevy C10 Fleetside trucks, bobber bikes, and aircooled Porsches.

It's bad. I'm pretty sure cars ruined my life.

But I'll always have a 2002. I used to say that about e30s, but 2002s have my heart.

Also girls. I like girls too.
                                world renown Harry Potter expert
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X