No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my car back, after over a month of chasing noises and stuff... Replaced the rear main seal while I was at it. New clutch, pilot bearing, TOB, and pressure plate. Going to do an oilpan gasket and maybe do the seals on the front end.. Try and get it leak-free. Then decide if I'm gonna sell or not.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

meanwhile on r3v facebook...
      Attached Files
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I puked in my mouth a little bit.
        "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
        The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Relationship goals. hahahahha

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
          Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Thoughts on picking up a clean Integra (possibly GSR) or Civic to daily? My shop teacher was a Honda/Acura master tech for 30 years, so I have his knowledge, plus his tech pricing for Honda parts.
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Don't be a Honda kid. If you need a better daily, try an E36. I love mine as a daily and it's the awful 318ti.

Comment

I'd do a GSR or Type R if you can swing it.

They are great little cars if you practice abstinence because you'll never get laid.
                world renown Harry Potter expert
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                  Don't be a Honda kid. If you need a better daily, try an E36. I love mine as a daily and it's the awful 318ti.

This car would only be for a year or so, while I save up to get an E46M, I just need something more reliable than my E30. All the car would get is wheels and maybe some springs. The big reason I'm looking towards the Honda/Acura line is because maintenance is much cheaper than BMW.

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                  I'd do a GSR or Type R if you can swing it.

They are great little cars if you practice abstinence because you'll never get laid.

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                    This car would only be for a year or so, while I save up to get an E46M, I just need something more reliable than my E30. All the car would get is wheels and maybe some springs. The big reason I'm looking towards the Honda/Acura line is because maintenance is much cheaper than BMW.

Lol.

Go for a 2000 Honda Civic. They can be had for $2000-4500 and are dead-nuts reliable and no one will give you shit for owning a honda because those cars are designed with two purposes: reliability and gas mileage.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

Comment

You can find one even cheaper with a blown head gasket, then fix it in 2 hours.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                        Go for a 2000 Honda Civic. They can be had for $2000-4500 and are dead-nuts reliable and no one will give you shit for owning a honda because those cars are designed with a single purpose: reliability and gas mileage.

I was thinking like a DC2 Integra GSR. They can be had for cheap (I've seen a couple alright ones for 2k, nice ones go for a little more)

Comment

So last night we had an Earthquake in Arizona Weird!
                          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I was thinking like a DC2 Integra GSR. They can be had for cheap (I've seen a couple alright ones for 2k, nice ones go for a little more)

But are they bone stock, lightly modded or clapped out junkers? In my experience, riced out junkboxes are mostly all I see of DC2s on craigslist. If they're well maintained or tastefully modded, I'd say go for it. They were pretty much the best front wheel drive cars of the '90s.

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
                              But are they bone stock, lightly modded or clapped out junkers? In my experience, riced out junkboxes are mostly all I see of DC2s on craigslist. If they're well maintained or tastefully modded, I'd say go for it. They were pretty much the best front wheel drive cars of the '90s.

I would pick up a stock/lightly modded one. All I'd do is probably wheels and maybe springs.. It just needs to run right.

What about E46 325/330? They can be had for fairly cheap. And I'm pretty sure the M54 is pretty solid isn't it?

Comment

What about E46 325/330? They can be had for fairly cheap. And I'm pretty sure the M54 is pretty solid isn't it?
                                You're trying to save money, not dump money. I'd say stick with the Honda/Acura or even the Nissan route and look for a Sentra SE-R. They're peppy little fuckers.

If you're only keeping it for a year, it's best to look at something you don't need to invest much in. Yes, E46s are reliable if the maintenance is on time much like any other BMW, but when you pick one up for peanuts, it's a gamble.

Comment

Working...
                                X