Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    Well it's Christmas Eve, and the high today here in New Jersey was about 72. That is absolutely ridiculous.
    Thanks to VW
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

Comment

Ahhh. Post-Christmas depression. That odd stage in between Christmas and new years. Do I want to install all those new parts? Yes.... Do I have time? No....

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Mostly Christmas. I'm just a Scrooge I guess.
        I'm with you on that one. Stress, spending way more money than I should, travelling too much/too far, don't get to do any of the stuff I like doing, seeing awkward distant family or family friends I don't care for, crappy repetitive music, bad traffic/people who can't drive are everywhere trying to spend as much money on junk as they can.

Then I get a bunch of gifts I don't need and probably won't ever use, plus I eat more food than I usually would in a month.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Well it's not all bad. I got some gift cards from my fiancee's parents that I can use to buy tools, and I get 10 days off work, even if most of them can't be used for anything.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            I'm with you on that one. Stress, spending way more money than I should, travelling too much/too far, don't get to do any of the stuff I like doing, seeing awkward distant family or family friends I don't care for, crappy repetitive music, bad traffic/people who can't drive are everywhere trying to spend as much money on junk as they can.

Then I get a bunch of gifts I don't need and probably won't ever use, plus I eat more food than I usually would in a month.
            These are the big ones for me.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Not to get far off the holiday topic but I went into NAPA today for an oil filter and they brought me a box that looked....oddly familiar, yet different. Like a Dingus I didn't check the filter until I was walking to the car, but it had rust all on the threaded caging surface. Wut. Checked that box to find out that it's from 2000! I've gotten brand spankin new filters at this store, but now they gave me the 15 (16!!) Year old, rusty filter!

Wasn't sure if I should be impressed. The nostalgia of seeing the box design hit me hard as I went back in to exchange it.

Rotella 10w30 for the M20, with the Napa gold (wix) filter. Yummy says the BMW.

In related news, I found that instead of using a copper crush washer to seal the drain plug, they sell these little rubber gaskets.... Less worry about over-tourquing, and maybe it seals better.

Ahh the little things.

Carry on folks.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

So my mom's Jeep was acting up today and wouldn't accelerate, stuttering under load according to her.

The dummy light is on and she didn't know what to do, so I had to do a code check. Turn the ignition three times to ON and boom, three codes.

PO325- Knock Sensor
                PO330- Knock Sensor #2 Circuit Malfunction
                P0304- Cyl. #4 Misfiring

So that's gonna be some fun to mess with.
                "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

drove all the way to and from Sun Peaks resort this holiday season with a set of DWS's with 40,000 kms on them. Did admirably well on the dd, even on the mountain roads with mostly ice.

Still have the full "DWS" fully visible.
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

DWS tires are awesome. Bought a set when they first came out and have been using them ever since. Not the stiffest sidewall in the world, but definitely one of the few true all season tires.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      DWS tires are awesome. Bought a set when they first came out and have been using them ever since. Not the stiffest sidewall in the world, but definitely one of the few true all season tires.

What kind of mileage are you getting outta them?
                      Wife's 2011 328 xdrive (17") needs some new tires.
                      I have a set of 16" winters on it now.

I've got some DW on the touring and I love'em!
                      Last edited by doorman; 12-27-2015, 07:02 PM. Reason: Info

Comment

I'll have to check my papers when I had the current set mounted, but the have been on for a while and still have the snow indicator. I'd say they are easily 30k tires if cared for.
                        No E30 Club
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          I'll have to check my papers when I had the current set mounted, but the have been on for a while and still have the snow indicator. I'd say they are easily 30k tires if cared for.
                          How would you say they are handling wise?

Comment

They do well enough, the sidewalls are soft enough that you can feel the tire "load" up when entering a corner.

I would say if you are looking to go carve up some back roads, grab a second set of wheels. But for a all around DD with spirited rides to work, they do well. Plus the snow capabilities is phenomenal for an all season.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

totally agree with what's been said above.

I was seriously considering a second set of 14's with dedicated winters before we left, but after this trip I'm not going to bother. I also disabled the traction control as I find it more of an annoyance when passing on many ice and snow covered highways.

I could easily see getting another year out of these (up to maybe 60,000kms). For maintenance all I do is keep the pressures up to 34-36psi and rotate every 10,000kms.
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Who wants to go find the Stanceworks servers, and burn them to the ground like the Goth kids did to Hot Topic on South Park?

Been spending too much time on the Miata and R3V Facebook page, I can say for sure that Stance is like the plague and needs to be eradicated before an entire generation of vehicles is destroyed.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X