Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Does that work for my phone though? Adblock plus and the element hider extension seems to work great for shitty FB ads on PC, but there's no way to get rid of the "suggested pages" and random spam every 3 or so posts on my phone.

Even if you could block all the ads, you still get all kinds of political/boring/weird/creepy shit that people post, often in a group that you want in your feed besides posts from crazies.
    Exactly. I have an adblocker but it doesn't stop the "suggested" pages. It also freaks me out how I can google "cafe racer seat" on my phone at home and the next day I sign into Facebook at work and it's suggesting to me various cafe racer seats. WTF?
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Some cockbite dented my rear quarter the other night. And I walked out to see it this morning. Normally, I'd be pretty fucking pissed, but the paint is already poop on that panel, there's a humongous key scratch from when I got it, and my passenger front fender has a small crack in it.

It already looks pretty ratty anyway. Add it to the list of battle scars. It's a 24 year old BMW, so I don't really care so much about the dent as much as I do about the guy not leaving me a note with information.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Need one blade fuse contact for the aux fuse box for my E30 (61131370692)
        Call BMW
        Special order part
        Minimum order QTY25
        $75 and 1 week lead time
        Noooope.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          Meh. Ignore it, unfriend if they're FB friends, whatever. I just block shit like that out. FB's block feature is pretty useful for repeat offenders if it's someone in a group.
          The repeat offenders are easy, but when there are 13k members in r3v's FB group alone, there are a lot of One Post Wonders that aren't even worth clicking through the menu for.

Comment

And just to spam this thread some more...

At work we have a "State of the Union" every 3-6mo which is actually rather informative.
            On Monday we had one, and our VP announced that they would call them "Operations Updates" now because our brilliant union had declared that the term "State of the Union" was misleading - it made it sound like it was an update about the union.

Are you fucking kidding me. It's a fucking State of the Union, that's what it's fucking called.

Comment

So.... I fucked my tranny last night in ways that weren't desired. I put it in hole 1, felt real good. Started pulling, all good. Took it out, jammed it in hole 2, things were getting pretty aggressive around this time. Then I got overly excited, ripped it out and went right into the 3rd hole (post op?), I didn't even slow down on this one. Flat out, no fucks given, full fucking force. I don't know if it was just too shallow or what, but I couldn't get it in. I tried a couple times, jam, jam, jam! Nothing, the momentum was gone, fun was over.

So after I caught back up with the 2jz Ranger we slowed up. In all the commotion I killed my 2nd gear. Locked out hard. It's a common issue, so I'll just need to yank it out and replace the shift collar with an updated OEM unit.

Did a couple other pulls from a 3rd gear roll. Every run I managed to out spool him and put enough distance that he couldn't run me down in time. The Truck was fast though, there's no denying that in the top end he was pulling.

It does make me think hard about turbo sizing.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

well, that sucks. you are using a few terms I've never heard before.

by context, hole 1 means first gear?

what kind of dingleberry puts a 2jz in a ranger?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yea lol figured I'd have some fun with it.

I dunno, but honestly the truck was pretty cool. I've got some video but we never really got a good run that gives a good perspective of power.

But yea, where 2nd used to be is a brick wall now.

So I have some decisions to make. I think I might throw rods in while the engine is out. If the turbos still feel good, then I'll throw everything back together and feed it e85. I think I could break 500whp on E85, and that would be very cool when combined with full boost at 3500rpm.
                  No E30 Club
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

will the drivetrain handle it? if so, it sounds like fun.

i was looking at buying carrillo rods for my s62. a full set for that engine was well over 2 grand. i figured an extra 130 hp would probably cost over 12 grand the naturally aspirated way...stock internals with a tune seems pretty attractive now.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yea the stock driveline in these cars is very strong. There's guys running 7-800 whp on stock trans, driveshafts, diffs, axles. Parts will break, but there's no specific issue with power, just what you can expect any time you are pushing something way past its design.

Honestly the weakest link is in the block. They will crack around the 650-700wtq mark. To go real big, it needs a vr6.

Still, the engine with rods can reliably take 600-650whp, which if we're being honest with ourselves, is a ridiculous number for any street car.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        So.... I fucked my tranny last night in ways that weren't desired. I put it in hole 1, felt real good. Started pulling, all good. Took it out, jammed it in hole 2, things were getting pretty aggressive around this time. Then I got overly excited, ripped it out and went right into the 3rd hole (post op?), I didn't even slow down on this one. Flat out, no fucks given, full fucking force. I don't know if it was just too shallow or what, but I couldn't get it in. I tried a couple times, jam, jam, jam! Nothing, the momentum was gone, fun was over.

So after I caught back up with the 2jz Ranger we slowed up. In all the commotion I killed my 2nd gear. Locked out hard. It's a common issue, so I'll just need to yank it out and replace the shift collar with an updated OEM unit.

Did a couple other pulls from a 3rd gear roll. Every run I managed to out spool him and put enough distance that he couldn't run me down in time. The Truck was fast though, there's no denying that in the top end he was pulling.

It does make me think hard about turbo sizing.
                        Been away from R3v for awhile, still referring to the horse pulling god's chariot?

My brother in law had an 04 Jetta with a VR6, and he said he had 2 heads crack on it before he said Fuck it and sold it.

PS: they always have issues when you try to put it in the second hole ;)

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by flyboyx
                        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                        Originally posted by Northern
                        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

A few weeks ago I was pretty far away from home with the gf. She had an appt so I had a couple of hours to kill.

Anyway, after I got rid of her I realized I needed to take a dump. The night before I had a beer (that stuff's a laxative for me). Anyway, the closest place I could find was a McD's. So I went ahead and proceeded to enter the place. I dont eat there so don't be judging!

So after i found the bathroom (very clean btw) I dropped my pants and began unloading. While I was doing so, "Time"-Culture Club came on the overhead audio system. Between the ice cool a/c and the hi-fi stereo system, i was in heaven. One of the best dumps I've taken in recent memory. Really wondering what system McD's uses...I was very impressed.

true story
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            A few weeks ago I was pretty far away from home with the gf. She had an appt so I had a couple of hours to kill.

Anyway, after I got rid of her I realized I needed to take a dump. The night before I had a beer (that stuff's a laxative for me). Anyway, the closest place I could find was a McD's. So I went ahead and proceeded to enter the place. I dont eat there so don't be judging!

So after i found the bathroom (very clean btw) I dropped my pants and began unloading. While I was doing so, "Time"-Culture Club came on the overhead audio system. Between the ice cool a/c and the hi-fi stereo system, i was in heaven. One of the best dumps I've taken in recent memory. Really wondering what system McD's uses...I was very impressed.

true story
                            This story could have been much darker if "Time" by Pink Floyd had been playing instead.

"...And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
                            No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"

As you're shitting in a McDonald's bathroom.
                            Instagram
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                              This story could have been much darker if "Time" by Pink Floyd had been playing instead.

"...And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
                              No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"
                              One of my favorite songs. Very powerful.

I love Pink Floyd, they lay out a few words and let the music convey the emotion.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                                One of my favorite songs. Very powerful.

I love Pink Floyd, they lay out a few words and let the music convey the emotion.
                                I'm a big fan as well. Here's a Stratocaster that I did as a tribute to David Gilmour's. Same pickups and everything.

Instagram
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X