No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this morning, i spent some time trimming a few limbs off one of the trees in my front yard. it happens to be one that i planted 12 or 13 years ago. the variety is a water oak. they actually grow extremely fast. i would guess it is about 30+ feet high at this point.

i was standing in the crotch of the tree sawing off limbs when one of them bounced off the ground and knocked the ladder off the trunk. this left me in a small predicament as i was perhaps 10+ feet above the ground. i was waiting around hoping one of my neighbors would come by and set the ladder back up for me. as i was hanging out, i chatted with my wife on the phone, cut off a few more limbs.....contemplated the meaning of life, etc....

please allow me to digress a minute to say that personally, when i see someone in need, i actually enjoy helping them out. it makes me feel good about myself. i guess its probably rather arrogant of me to assume that other people should feel this way too.....kind of like when i walk down the street with my pit bull mix rescue dog, he thinks everyone likes him and there is no way anyone could possibly be afraid. turns out, when it comes to human nature, this simply isn't the case in either instance.

pretty soon, some 18ish year old hispanic kid came walking by wearing a back pack.

i yelled over to him and asked if he could please come over and reset my ladder. he did indeed cross the street and do as i asked. as he was doing so, i hear him say "jesus christ! its not like i don't have anything better to do today." he goes on to say that this is really poor planning on my part and that this is a bunch of fucking bullshit!"

alrighty then?!?!.....the thought crossed my mind to tell the guy that i wanted to meet his mother and tell her that she raised a total shitbag for a son. however, i never lost sight of the bigger picture. the good news is that i didn't have to jump out of the tree and risk breaking an ankle or two. in the end, i simply said: "ok then...thanks for your help"

am i wrong for thinking that even though this millennial helped me out that he is indeed a little dooshfucker?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      am i wrong for thinking that even though this millennial helped me out that he is indeed a little dooshfucker?
      Sadly no. I have plenty of people at my school like that :(
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Nah. Kid missed out on getting his ass kicked at some point. I imagine it's coming sooner or later, if that's his attitude.

Comment

What a nice douche bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            What a nice douche bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Haha my thoughts exactly.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Nope, the fact that one minute of his life was spent on helping another human, irrespective of the reason why, and he bitches about it, makes him a douche.

What a nice douche bag.
              Nice or not nice, a douche bag is a douche bag!
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Yep, douche bags suck....

A nice douche bag is better than a dick douche.

About six years ago I was at this party and long story short, these three raging douche bags showed up. We were having a pretty good sized party, but they were mostly people we knew, so we asked the douche group at the door if they knew who the home owner was. They couldn't answer the question, I told them they couldn't join us.

My old friend at the time, who is a complete retard and waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles, mind you, had brought a bat and set it next to the front gate gets bum rushed by one of the guys. I shoved him out of the way. then, the guy I pushed managed to take his shirt off and punch me in the face in what seemed like 1 second. This guy was ripped... like roided ripped. I was all delirious after getting gorilla punched in the face by the Rock. I then realized my friend had pussied out and left, leaving the bat right in plain sight... at this point, I'm being held against a wall by two douches, while the other one is beating the shit out of me. Another one of my old friends was standing with about 10 people watching this happen.. The Rock then sees the bat, picks it up, my stomach sinks, I back up and hits me in the chin with it.. After that, apparently, they threw some beer bottles at the house, broke a window and took off.

Moral of the story? Don't be a shitty friend and dick douche bags are shittier than nice ones haha..

How much of a douche bag to you have to be to do that when getting rejected from a house party!? baffles me still to this day.. And also, I've had my fair share of punches to the face, but holy fuck, this guy man... Felt that more the next day than the somewhat friendly hit to the chin with the bat.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Wait, now I understand what you mean't by "nice douche bag". Didn't mean to belittle you. Man you were really thrown under the bus there, and I am sure you probably felt that for a few days and not only on the next day.

Looking at the bright side, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
                  1990 325i
                  sigpic

Comment

I know you weren't I was just trying to put in to perspective how broad the douche bag spectrum is :rofl:

Comment

Moral of the story? Don't be a shitty friend and dick douche bags are shittier than nice ones haha..

Why didn't you just pull your gun out?

Comment

How Ironic:

Source:
                        9gag
                        1990 325i
                        sigpic

Comment

Random phone related story (/advice?):

When the Galaxy S5 came out, one of the things I really liked, was its camera. It would take great pictures, quickly, in any sort of lighting without the flash. Then I smashed the screen a few times and eventually bricked it.

I liked that phone so much, I bought another. This one's camera was the complete opposite. You'd tap the screen to focus on something and you'd see it attempt to focus, get a perfectly clear image, then go fuzzy again and tell you it was focused.

I figured this one had a bunk camera or something, and have just sort of lived with the camera taking terrible pictures for the past 6 months. Eventually I got fed up and googled it... apparently the fix is just to go in and clear the cache and app data for the camera, then cycle power... Holy shit what a difference, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I thought my S5 took great pics too... until I bought a Pixel.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                              I thought my S5 took great pics too... until I bought a Pixel.
                              I'm still shocked by how great the Pixel camera is.

Comment

It's ironic that a phone named after one pixel takes great images with many pixels. They missed a great opportunity to have the Pixel S.

Comment

Working...
                                X