Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    I got here at 8am...been on a few calls/cases/incidents... For the most part it's been pretty easy.

I take it you’re in law Enforcement?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

i worked today. i finished this morning at 8. after my commute, i was home by 2. just in time to watch the lions lose.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        I take it you’re in law Enforcement?
        IT, I help people with their Firewalls.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

And I volunteered to work today. They give you a nice bonus for working holidays and off days. I also worked Monday too. I'm usually Tues-Sat.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            And I volunteered to work today. They give you a nice bonus for working holidays and off days. I also worked Monday too. I'm usually Tues-Sat.
            If we don't have plans, working holidays is a great way to get extra cash for me as well. Holiday pay plus overtime rate for the whole day. Makes for a pretty lucrative 8 hours.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I had turkey day off for some stupid reason. We really should have worked it. Oh well still get my 8 hours holiday pay . Will be working the rest of the weekend though
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I think I'm finally getting the x-brace for the e30 for Christmas. Then, come taxes, I'm gonna have that trailing arm and suspension swapped, and she'll be good to drive! Body work maybe in the next couple of years and a tune up/intake gasket replacement this summer hopefully.
                88 325i Cabrio
                04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Okay R3V, lend me your insight.

Several years ago, I refreshed the front end of my E30. E30 M3 bushings, new control arms, tie rods, strut mounts, etc. Took it to be aligned, caster was 9.2 on both sides. Car drove straight.

A couple years ago, I was driving, hit a bump (well, a dip), car suddenly drives kinda strange. I just had the car aligned, and sure enough, caster is 9.1 on driver's side, 8.7 on pass. side. Drives better now that the total toe is good, but pulls to the left. Turns easily to the left, harder to the right.

What will bend first in the suspension? I'm really hoping it's the control arm. I still have the old ones, just need new ball joints. Also makes sense since I have less caster now.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                    Okay R3V, lend me your insight.

Several years ago, I refreshed the front end of my E30. E30 M3 bushings, new control arms, tie rods, strut mounts, etc. Took it to be aligned, caster was 9.2 on both sides. Car drove straight.

A couple years ago, I was driving, hit a bump (well, a dip), car suddenly drives kinda strange. I just had the car aligned, and sure enough, caster is 9.1 on driver's side, 8.7 on pass. side. Drives better now that the total toe is good, but pulls to the left. Turns easily to the left, harder to the right.

What will bend first in the suspension? I'm really hoping it's the control arm. I still have the old ones, just need new ball joints. Also makes sense since I have less caster now.

Could a bent tie rod

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yeah... I'd look at that outer tie-rod.
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Hmm. So a tie rod can affect caster? I would've thought only the control arm (or control arm mounting locations) or strut top could do that.

Looking at the two alignment sheets, I also see that the driver's side camber was, and still is, 2.1*, whereas the pass. side was 2.0*, and is now 2.2*.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

I’d also look at where the control arm sticks out of the cab and see if there any noticeable difference in the length sticking out

Tbh; I’m not too familiar with what will cause that lol ;p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by MrBurgundy; 11-24-2017, 05:07 PM.
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I’d also look at where the control arm sticks out of the cab and see if there any noticeable difference in the length sticking out
                            I think this might be it. Looks like the pass. side arm isn't quite in all the way, about a 2mm difference. I measured my old control arms, and the ones on the car, from the center of the outer ball joint, to a point near the CAB to see if it was bent inward. Same measurement. Honestly, if it was bent, that'd be pretty shocking since it wasn't that big a bump. I could maybe see it being enough of a hit to dislodge it from the CAB slightly though.

I'll have to do some math to see if that ~2mm is enough to cause 0.4* difference in caster. Doesn't seem like it should be.

Comment

Offset CAB? If it's poly it's possible to rotate them in the carrier, that will affect caster. You'd have to take a serious hit to bend the suspension and steering components, but the poly CABs are pretty easy to rotate if you push up on the control arm where it goes into the bushing, so I could see it rotating with a good bump.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 1-26

Comment

Not poly, OEM M3 CABs. That did occur to me that they could have rotated, but it doesn't look like they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X