No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hocus Pokethis - by far the best she ever looked.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

mostly because she was surrounded by even uglier women
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Work rant:

This new customer came in, over a month ago, with his e70 X5. The drive belt snapped on it, so he was running of the battery, no power steering and no A/C. The engine was in limp mode, because of the low voltage and it had like 20 codes stored in the DME. No big deal.. I put a new belt on it and I let him know, if there were any pre existing problems, they might still be there, but I have to get the alternator running before I can do anything else. Also, I brought to his attention that the belt slid off the pulley because his oil filter housing was pouring oil on the drive belt. He didn't want to fix that..

Anyways, fast forward to last night. He bring the car back in and the SES light is back on. I scan it and see 5 new codes that were not present on the first sheet of codes when he brought the car in the first time. I let him know that this is a new problem.

Upon further investigation, due the massive oil leak the car has and his negligence to keep an I on the level, the cam journals and cylinder head wore out and the cam was pretty much moving around in there. I told him that his engine was a ticking time bomb and that shit is going to blow the fuck up sooner than later. He then persists to tell me I paid X amount to get my car fixed and it has the same problem.... I kept explaining to him that the codes that pointed towards this problem were not stored in the DME when you first brought me the car. Also, I wouldn't have charged you so much to do the belt and whatever if I knew this car needed a 10k repair, because you might not want to spend the money on it to get it fixed.

He for some reason could not grasp the concept that I had no way of knowing this problem existed when he first brought the car in....

Then he persisted to scream at me at the top of his lungs in front of my other customers, calling me a fucking idiot, a liar, a cheat, ect ect....

I kept my cool the whole time, but god damn, the severe retardation this guy suffers is mind boggling.
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Work rant:

This new customer came in, over a month ago, with his e70 X5. The drive belt snapped on it, so he was running of the battery, no power steering and no A/C. The engine was in limp mode, because of the low voltage and it had like 20 codes stored in the DME. No big deal.. I put a new belt on it and I let him know, if there were any pre existing problems, they might still be there, but I have to get the alternator running before I can do anything else. Also, I brought to his attention that the belt slid off the pulley because his oil filter housing was pouring oil on the drive belt. He didn't want to fix that..

Anyways, fast forward to last night. He bring the car back in and the SES light is back on. I scan it and see 5 new codes that were not present on the first sheet of codes when he brought the car in the first time. I let him know that this is a new problem.

Upon further investigation, due the massive oil leak the car has and his negligence to keep an I on the level, the cam journals and cylinder head wore out and the cam was pretty much moving around in there. I told him that his engine was a ticking time bomb and that shit is going to blow the fuck up sooner than later. He then persists to tell me I paid X amount to get my car fixed and it has the same problem.... I kept explaining to him that the codes that pointed towards this problem were not stored in the DME when you first brought me the car. Also, I wouldn't have charged you so much to do the belt and whatever if I knew this car needed a 10k repair, because you might not want to spend the money on it to get it fixed.

He for some reason could not grasp the concept that I had no way of knowing this problem existed when he first brought the car in....

Then he persisted to scream at me at the top of his lungs in front of my other customers, calling me a fucking idiot, a liar, a cheat, ect ect....

I kept my cool the whole time, but god damn, the severe retardation this guy suffers is mind boggling.

Shit its gonna cost him more then 10k to fix that engine. More like 20-25k. What faults were stored

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Shit its gonna cost him more then 10k to fix that engine. More like 20-25k. What faults were stored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Q

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol thats good stuff. Some people are stupid.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I've been working on BMWs for a while now, but I've never seen someone with engine oil so fucking low, it stored a code in the DME
                Q

Comment

I've been working on BMWs for a while now, but I've never seen someone with engine oil so fucking low, it stored a code in the DME

Lol same here. I mean for god sake you can access the level in idrive and has a CC message that will tell you.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

If there was a boxing glove that popped out of the steering wheel, punched him in the face and told him that he needed to add some oil, he would be like, ""
                    Q

Comment

If there was a boxing glove that popped out of the steering wheel, punched him in the face and told him that he needed to add some oil, he would be like, ""

Lmfao truth

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Anyways, I got a set of Nexen N'feras SU1s but they're too talk for my e30, so I got a set of Dunlop Direzza DZ102s. Anyone have any experience with them?
                        Q

Comment

Anyways, I got a set of Nexen N'feras SU1s but they're too talk for my e30, so I got a set of Dunlop Direzza DZ102s. Anyone have any experience with them?
                          DZ102s are okay, but nothing too special. I have been very pleased with their wet weather ability, but I wouldn't autocross on them with their low (for a UHP summer IMO) ultimate grip, and they don't seem to be able to last more than 20,000 miles.

That said I bought another set after the last ones were at the wear bars.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

I have a set on my slick top and love them. Like Roguetoaster said they aren’t anything to write home about but hold their own and are grippy enough for some spirited driving if you wanna carve a canyon.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

So H rate tires are only 130mph would it be "safe" to hit like 170mph bursts or whats the deal? Do they blow up or what

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                So H rate tires are only 130mph would it be "safe" to hit like 170mph bursts or whats the deal? Do they blow up or what

I think past the speed rating they heat up more then they can handle and lose grip and i guess could eventually blow out.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X