Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
    https://youtu.be/9z2D0eze9fY

You are right, my car runs better after a nice drive but what’s your opinion on someone else doing so?
    What a shit click-bait video by some YouTube 'personality'.

You're car isn't special enough for a tech to fuck with.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      What a shit click-bait video by some YouTube 'personality'.

You're car isn't special enough for a tech to fuck with.

There’s more videos and I know that but I’m worried about breaking anything, it’s not rebuilt yet

Comment

Why on earth would a tech want to rip on an m10 e30 after preforming an alignment on it?
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Why on earth would a tech want to rip on an m10 e30 after preforming an alignment on it?

Test drives after new tires with alignment

Comment

But I like R3V
            The feeling is not mutual.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

https://youtu.be/Ve8kmfmvGe4

You are right, my car runs better after a nice drive but what’s your opinion on someone else doing so?
              I let them, it's no biggie. Pretty sure practically everyone that comes to the local BMW meet has thrashed at least one of my cars. As to techs doing it, it's not a problem if you don't take your car to shops.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              F1 engine bruh.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                I let them, it's no biggie. Pretty sure practically everyone that comes to the local BMW meet has thrashed at least one of my cars. As to techs doing it, it's not a problem if you don't take your car to shops.

F1 engine bruh.

I never take my cars for work in shops, only alignments and tire mounting. I tried it myself and it’s ok but a shop will have to do.
                Last edited by Sonny; 05-07-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

As a tech my self I always drive cars with respect not saying all do. There have been times though where I have had to beat on a car to get it to duplicate the issue specifically misfire faults. Normal driving wouldn’t do it but If i nailed it the cel would come on and reduced power warning. I’ve also been instructed by customers to drive it like i stole it because thats the only time the problem would occur. But those are special circumstances.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

For those of you bored, the first is especially interesting, how can that alignment be driving straight??

Comment

this thread has gotten lame af. does anyone have a decent story?
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        this thread has gotten lame af. does anyone have a decent story?
                        Not a story, but I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on changing your career to something involving your hobby / other interests.

I've been toying with the idea recently, but after talking to a friend of mine who is a business coach he said that most of his clients who have left their career to pursue their 'side passion' end up regretting it because it ends up ruining their passion for them.

Anyone else have any thoughts or insights on this?
                        Steve • Toronto
                        1991 318is • Brillantrot
                        Build Thread

Comment

My German Shepherd had pups two weeks ago. Cute little sausage rolls.
                          Attached Files
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Usually what is your hobby because you like it. Then if you start to do it as a business lots of the mundane starts to take over. Things that you really didn't have to worry about before.

On the other hand, there are many people that do make their hobby a job. It depends on what you think you can do. Are you a self starter, really think about that. Are you able to work alllll ddddaaaayyyy every day on the same thing.

Do you like to not know how much you'll be making in a month?

Depending on what you'll be doing, the inconsistency with pay can be a big factor.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                              Think of it this way, there will be times when you have to make business decisions and that conflicts with the passion. passion is irrational, successful businesses are not.

When I was younger, a good friend of mine went to UTI (Universal Technical Institute) to pursue his automotive passion, finished and started working at various shops but quickly burned out. The phrase that kept coming up is that you get tired of working on other peoples POS cars that you have no energy left to work on your own POS car lol

Me?... I sit behind a computer, make enough to pay my bills with some leftover and have plenty of energy left to go home and get dirty in the garage.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                                Not a story, but I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on changing your career to something involving your hobby / other interests.

I've been toying with the idea recently, but after talking to a friend of mine who is a business coach he said that most of his clients who have left their career to pursue their 'side passion' end up regretting it because it ends up ruining their passion for them.

Been working on this a lot lately myself. I love my job and where I work, but hitting a wall in terms of career growth. If you can figure out why you do what you do - hobby or job - I think it helps a lot in pointing you toward the what. Example - I love to solve problems, of all kinds. For me, that shows up in the form of working on my car and figuring out what’s wrong, as well as building a spreadsheet or coaching my team.

Short story is, the why is more important than the what. Your job is to figure out how to best exploit your “why” in the most profitable “what” that piques your interest.

Ezekiel 25:17
                                Last edited by majdomo; 05-08-2019, 09:28 AM.
                                Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                                The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                                The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                                The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X