Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Taking a motorcycle trip this weekend. Leaving after work for a three hour stint north, all day tomorrow, and then coming home Sat afternoon.
    What kind of bike do you have?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
      It was really odd, they have (2) terrible reviews on Google already, so I think it might be a theme for them.

They specifically asked me if we could afford the dog, and I explained that we make XXXX amount, keep a $5k emergency fund, and also have savings accounts, and their response was, "There's more to raising a dog than money."

No. Fucking. Shit.
      Yeah sounds like they are fucking with you. I'd report them to local SPCA or something like that. Something fishy going on with them.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
        Yeah sounds like they are fucking with you. I'd report them to local SPCA or something like that. Something fishy going on with them.
        I agree, I'm trying to find more about them but not having a ton of luck. Maybe they had a good prospect already in line, at least that's what I'm hoping the case is... Why they wouldn't be like every other reputable shelter/rescue and simply say, "Sorry, this one is taken!" is beyond me.
        2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

It was really odd, they have (2) terrible reviews on Google already, so I think it might be a theme for them.

They specifically asked me if we could afford the dog, and I explained that we make XXXX amount, keep a $5k emergency fund, and also have savings accounts, and their response was, "There's more to raising a dog than money."

No. Fucking. Shit.

...and any dumbass off the street can breed and be the parent of an actual human... wtf

Ezekiel 25:17
          Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
          The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
          The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
          The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Puppy shopping is a lot of work... My fiance and I got declined for one yesterday because they didn't think we could provide a good home for a puppy and couldn't afford it.

My application, which is accurate, stated our income as $250-270k combined, house with a fenced in back yard, I worked at a shelter specifically with "high risk" and "aggressive" breeds, trained their puppies, adopted and rehabilitated a pitbull bait dog (used to make fighting dogs fight each other), then raised another puppy until young adulthood before she went to live with my ex when we split.

Somehow that's not good enough to save a puppy from living in a concrete and chain link cage...
            WTF? It's a dog, not a child.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              There are lots of shelters around that absolutely will not let any animals get adopted and have concocted completely inane policies while making those who want to adopt jump through more hoops than the animal ever will.

I said to heck with all that, and ended up with a great stray that was hanging around my brother's property. Zero cost, no BS, and I got to spend plenty of time around her before I decided to adopt.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                There are lots of shelters around that absolutely will not let any animals get adopted and have concocted completely inane policies while making those who want to adopt jump through more hoops than the animal ever will.

I said to heck with all that, and ended up with a great stray that was hanging around my brother's property. Zero cost, no BS, and I got to spend plenty of time around her before I decided to adopt.

That's more or less how my parents got most of their pets. The most recent batch, that they got when I was 10, they got from a shelter. It seemed pretty straight forward. We just went and picked out a few we liked and took 'em home a few weeks later, after being spayed and neutered, and of course a bit of money.

Comment

Have you tried getting someone to write a letter on your behalf for the adoption? I had to get a family friend to do so for my dog. It's amazing the lengths they go through. Called the guy and everything. Another adoption agency sent someone on there own dime to check out my house.
                  91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

ryan do you look alittle shifty?

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                      ...and any dumbass off the street can breed and be the parent of an actual human... wtf

^^ That's basically my thought process as well.. It's not as if we're trying to adopt a child, or some crazy exclusive show breed dog.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Of our 3 current pets, my girlfriend's favorite is the stinky old barn cat I got from my uncle's farm 3 years ago. Total cost $0.00

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                      Have you tried getting someone to write a letter on your behalf for the adoption? I had to get a family friend to do so for my dog. It's amazing the lengths they go through. Called the guy and everything. Another adoption agency sent someone on there own dime to check out my house.
                      We put in an application for another dog that asked for references, that's about as far as I'm willing to go for a stray.

If I felt this organization was on the up and up, or had an established name/background I would consider doing the letter, but honestly I felt like my background/experience would sort of speak for itself.

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      ryan do you look alittle shifty?
                      I'm, like, super white and kind of European looking...Minimal face tattoos, I rarely expose my breasts to children in public, and my eyes are roughly the same color. I should be clear....
                      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

WTF? It's a dog, not a Sonny.

Too soon?

Comment

Well bye WARRIORS! That dynasty is kaput!

Comment

noticably, in the last week or so, the intelligence quotient of our conversation has increased exponentially.....
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              noticably, in the last week or so, the intelligence quotient of our conversation has increased exponentially.....

Agreed. More nonsense!!

Congrats Toronto, time to celebrate LA style and flip some cop cars!!

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                                Agreed. More nonsense!!

Congrats Toronto, time to celebrate LA style and flip some cop cars!!

Reports coming out this morning that not a single arrest was made last night relating to Raps celebrations.

Not sure if thats true or not, though.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X