Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    How much are you going to sell it for?

    Then minus the cost and then divide it by the time spent cleaning and what you’ll allot for listing it for sale plus packing it up and shipping .


    Hence why dumping so many parts in the trash this weekend. Tired of hoarding interior bits that are only worth $20-$40. Any parts that I can’t realistically get over a Benjamin for is going in the garbage. Done haggling for $10 piece of plastic, my time is worth more that that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Why not just sell things as lots or give stuff away? Seems a waste to get things, store them, and then just toss them.

    Comment


      Nonsense Thread

      Because people.

      Get tired of flakes and tire kickers.

      Giving stuff away becomes more of a hassle than it’s worth. I’ve given stuff away only to have people try to get me to pay for shipping or spend two hours waiting for them to show up, or meet them halfway to California.

      If it doesn’t work putting a free sign in front of the house, then it’s too much hassle.

      It was fine for a while but after a couple years of it, anything I haven’t used in 12 months goes in the trash. And it’s not just car parts, trying to just get rid of just all the unused stuff lying around...

      I hate unorganized clutter.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

      Comment


        ^sounds like something my wife would say...
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

        88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

        Comment


          Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          How much are you going to sell it for?

          Then minus the cost and then divide it by the time spent cleaning and what you’ll allot for listing it for sale plus packing it up and shipping .


          Hence why dumping so many parts in the trash this weekend. Tired of hoarding interior bits that are only worth $20-$40. Any parts that I can’t realistically get over a Benjamin for is going in the garbage. Done haggling for $10 piece of plastic, my time is worth more that that.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

          I get that, totally. For me, it justifies the time driving out to goof off in a junkyard, resurrecting parts and helping someone else out with whatever project they're working on. It's oddly therapeutic to pull parts, and I get to learn how stuff's put together without experimenting too much on my own car. Plus the extra cash is there for my own projects without impacting the family budget too much.


          I've been running parts for the last year or so, which has paid for all projects / maintenance I've done on both of my cars - parts plus tools - for the same period. We also run a small eBay business out of the house, which is a big help for shipping and printing stuff. I've saved about $2K on labor in that time, and now I have tools and skills I didn't have before. And since I'm driving older cars and fixing them myself, that saves $ on depreciation, maintenance, and insurance.



          Plus I get the pleasure of cleaning mole-poo off junkyard gloveboxes. Who doesn't love that??
          Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
          The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
          The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
          The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

          Comment


            Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            ^sounds like something my wife would say...


            Lol.


            Ya, every marriage needs one to balance out the other. Otherwise it’s ending up on TLC admitting a hoarding problem.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

            Comment


              Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Because people.

              Get tired of flakes and tire kickers.

              Giving stuff away becomes more of a hassle than it’s worth. I’ve given stuff away only to have people try to get me to pay for shipping or spend two hours waiting for them to show up, or meet them halfway to California.

              It was fine for a while but after a couple years of it, anything I haven’t used in 12 months goes in the trash. And it’s not just car parts, trying to just get rid of just all the unused stuff lying around...

              I hate unorganized clutter.

              I'm feeling this. My basement and shed are full of E30/E36 parts. I just scrapped a rusty e36 coupe shell and sent a ton of stuff to scrap with the shell just to have it gone. I kept maybe a dozen things and almost feel like I should've sent that all along with it.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

              Comment


                I used to do that, scout junkyards for parts.
                I'm old and busy, with obligations.
                I do things.

                Comment


                  I sometimes like to check out reviews of the latest generation of Volvo XC90's.
                  It's funny, despite this generation being on the road since 2014, Volvo STILL can't seem to make their customers happy (nor build something reliable...maybe it's the dual charged 4 cyl engines?).

                  I find it sad (yet kinda funny) that the majority of buyers out there are constantly being fleeced by companies like Volvo who build their rep based on their previous reputation.

                  https://www.edmunds.com/volvo/xc90/2...created%3Adesc
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                    I sometimes like to check out reviews of the latest generation of Volvo XC90's.
                    It's funny, despite this generation being on the road since 2014, Volvo STILL can't seem to make their customers happy (nor build something reliable...maybe it's the dual charged 4 cyl engines?).

                    I find it sad (yet kinda funny) that the majority of buyers out there are constantly being fleeced by companies like Volvo who build their rep based on their previous reputation.

                    https://www.edmunds.com/volvo/xc90/2...created%3Adesc
                    Seems like people are having really good experiences or totally awful experiences

                    I was bored enough to go through three pages of reviews.. The best one is the guy who went through three of them :rofl:
                    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:


                    WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                    Comment


                      IIRC the previous generation of XC90 was the joint venture with Ford that was also the basis for the Flex (which I really liked after a couple week test drive).


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                        I get that, totally. For me, it justifies the time driving out to goof off in a junkyard, resurrecting parts and helping someone else out with whatever project they're working on. It's oddly therapeutic to pull parts, and I get to learn how stuff's put together without experimenting too much on my own car.

                        for sure. i discribe it more like going to a art gallery finding weird shit like a row of rx8s for some reason or new suspension on 98 corollas that end up at the junkyard anyway. There was this time for months i saw every single volvo 240 with no subframe i figured who ever was doing it was modding them to put in other cars like it was a thing. strange.


                        how much did this guy spend?
                        what was his goal? what type of life did he lead. was he loved?


                        Z4 4 lyf by jet jones, on Flickr

                        Sweet z4 by jet jones, on Flickr

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          for sure. i discribe it more like going to a art gallery finding weird shit like a row of rx8s for some reason or new suspension on 98 corollas that end up at the junkyard anyway. There was this time for months i saw every single volvo 240 with no subframe i figured who ever was doing it was modding them to put in other cars like it was a thing. strange.


                          how much did this guy spend?
                          what was his goal? what type of life did he lead. was he loved?

                          no joke. plus the stuff you find in these cars gets super weird too.


                          nice 90 miata.
                          Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                          The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                          The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                          The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            There was this time for months i saw every single volvo 240 with no subframe i figured who ever was doing it was modding them to put in other cars like it was a thing. strange.
                            You have to modify the engine crossmember for LS swaps in Volvo 240s, someone may have been making a run of them in your area. There are probably other swaps that require it, but I'm not familiar with them.

                            240s are a great V8 swap platform once you get past the fact that you'll need a new rear end to put up with the power. The suspension and brake aftermarket isn't as good as it is for E30s but it's nice when an engine just drops in without you having to tamper with the brakes or flip headers around and such.

                            IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, All-forged M50B30 + S366SX-E project

                            Comment


                              Do we have a career or similar thread?

                              R3v is a crazy but network of like minded people who lead very different lives. I think it would be cool to start a thread that we can use for general work BS or even networking.

                              Maybe I’ve just been spending too much time on LinkedIn.

                              What say you, r3v?


                              Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

                              Originally posted by lambo
                              Sounds like you need a massage.
                              Originally posted by kpeng
                              Who the hell is Vlad?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                                Do we have a career or similar thread?

                                R3v is a crazy but network of like minded people who lead very different lives. I think it would be cool to start a thread that we can use for general work BS or even networking.

                                Maybe I’ve just been spending too much time on LinkedIn.

                                What say you, r3v?
                                LinkedIn is the worst these days. Its nothing but people pumping their own tires about how good of humans they are. Honestly, all I see there these days are people solely doing things so they can brag about it to their LinkedIn network.

                                We get it, you like reposting inspirational speeches from 'entrepreneurs' whose sole job is to do inspirational speeches on how their life is so much better than yours. Now piss off and go do some actual work.

                                End rant.
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X