No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't explain it, but I've had a strong attraction to the E31s recently. Part of me thinks they look like a squared off Ford Probe of the same era. The other part of me ignores those thoughts and points while making primitive grunting noises when I see them.
    Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      RIP you got it before the edit lol

So you dont want a vette, then get a CTS-V or even the Chevy SS, both can be had in 4door configurations.

My inner redneck wants to get an e39 m5, like I used to have, swap the s62 out for an LS3...there I said it...
      Im not on the LS-train... Considered the CTS-V for a while, but I feel the GM stuff is big motor, less refinement package.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So you dont want a vette, then get a CTS-V or even the Chevy SS, both can be had in 4door configurations.

My inner redneck wants to get an e39 m5, like I used to have, swap the s62 out for an LS3...there I said it...
        Ive been thinking a LS swapped E39 would be pretty sweet. The M5 body kit is really basic so It would be a "cheap" M5 clone. Of course a rough M5 can be found for 9k or so.
        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
          I can't explain it, but I've had a strong attraction to the E31s recently. Part of me thinks they look like a squared off Ford Probe of the same era. The other part of me ignores those thoughts and points while making primitive grunting noises when I see them.
          While I usually share the same feelings towards them, part of me can't shake the idea that a modern Chevy Impala with a v6 gets similar performance numbers with better fuel economy, comfier seats and more luggage space. Not to mention easier and cheaper to service/maintain.

All of a sudden that fancy E31 doesn't seem so attractive anymore.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

i don't see why anyone would do this to an m5? the car comes out of the box with 400hp. that seems like it ought to be a good amount. maybe getting an m-sport would be a less irresponsible alternative.

like simon, i have never seen the allure of the LS engine in a german car. to me, it seems like a redneck vagasil horseshit way to make power on the cheap. just my worthless opinion tho....no offense of course.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I'm still on the E39 touring + LS + T56 train.
              Solves BMW's fuckup of not offering a V8 manual touring E39.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                I'm still on the E39 touring + LS + T56 train.
                Solves BMW's fuckup of not offering a V8 manual touring E39.
                I pass a e34 wagon on the way to work, everyday I get closer and closer to buying one. With the plans of a m62 or a LS

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Bottom line is that there are so many cars we want to build, but luckily for me, I dont have a field of dream cars so when I start daydreaming about cars I do a ton of research and then reality sets in that I dont have the space for a 3rd car and dont have the time/ resources that the 3rd car demands, let alone a 4th, 5th or more...

with that said, the longer that this Datsun sits, the higher my expectations are of what it needs to be when its done. If its not, then I have a half dozen other cars that are happily mentally ready to take its spot...

I need to start playing the lotto, thats a good use of my money lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

First or second gen X5 2WD with LS and T56 would be a blast. They can be had for peanuts with a worn engine.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

^ now theres an idea...
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

All right, need some opinions here.. Tell me I'm not crazy..

So I've been going out with this girl for 4, almost 5 months, then out nowhere as I'm dropping her off after dinner on Sunday, she goes, "oh I forgot to mention to you, I'm not looking for anything intimate.. I forgot I didn't want that.."

We've been fucking for 4 months and we have shit at each others places.. Also, she had me fix her car and shit, so I'm thinking she totally just used me to fix her car..

Fixed her car like two weeks ago and she was definitely acting different until she ended it Sunday.. So I'm assuming she just used me to fix her shit a few times and bounced..

Am I crazy for thinking that or nah?
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Im not on the LS-train... Considered the CTS-V for a while, but I feel the GM stuff is big motor, less refinement package.
                          No that is spot on, hence the reason for a e39 ls swap lol

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                          Ive been thinking a LS swapped E39 would be pretty sweet. The M5 body kit is really basic so It would be a "cheap" M5 clone. Of course a rough M5 can be found for 9k or so.
                          yep, plus if the motor is bad, would be a great candidate for a swap.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            All right, need some opinions here.. Tell me I'm not crazy..

So I've been going out with this girl for 4, almost 5 months, then out nowhere as I'm dropping her off after dinner on Sunday, she goes, "oh I forgot to mention to you, I'm not looking for anything intimate.. I forgot I didn't want that.."

We've been fucking for 4 months and we have shit at each others places.. Also, she had me fix her car and shit, so I'm thinking she totally just used me to fix her car..

Fixed her car like two weeks ago and she was definitely acting different until she ended it Sunday.. So I'm assuming she just used me to fix her shit a few times and bounced..

Am I crazy for thinking that or nah?
                            How much work did her car need? lol
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              i don't see why anyone would do this to an m5? the car comes out of the box with 400hp. that seems like it ought to be a good amount. maybe getting an m-sport would be a less irresponsible alternative.

like simon, i have never seen the allure of the LS engine in a german car. to me, it seems like a redneck vagasil horseshit way to make power on the cheap. just my worthless opinion tho....no offense of course.
                              Here's my stance on this. I want performance. The s62 is nice and all but a ls3 is already putting out more hp than the s62. The s62 is also prone to vanos issues that can cost starting at $5k just for the parts. On a ~$10k dollar car, that is just insane.

The trans is alright. Mine was starting to go when I sold my e39 m5.

Now, due to me being poor, hence why I have an e30 and not an m3 of sorts, I'll never be able to do the swap. I had to sell my m5 due to the vanos unit going bad and the part alone was $2500 and that was from a friend that worked at BMW. So I was getting it at cost. I just couldn't afford to replace it and then maybe the other side then go out.

With the LS you're not changing the dynamics of the car. You're putting in a motor that can be maintained for less money. Also can be upgraded for a lot less money as well.

The e39 M5s are $60k cars anymore, they can be had for under $10k.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                How much work did her car need? lol
                                ^this
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd