No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ban him immediately whenever he comes back with a new account. You can't give an inch with a guy like him.

Comment

dont feed the troll...

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

don't delete the post though. I missed a good read while I'm sitting at work doing nothing

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
          Anyone ever heard of a vortec 4200 and 3700. GM made a inline 6 and inline 5 in the early 00's. That 5 cylinder demands a turbo!
          Yeah, the Straight 6 in the Trailblazer is a damn good engine. The 5-cylinder had head gasket issues.
          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Yeah, the Straight 6 in the Trailblazer is a damn good engine. The 5-cylinder had head gasket issues.
            Im considering the 6 for a nova my sister just got running. Do something unique and not just drop a 350 in. If I could remedy the 5's head-gasket issue i'd do that, and concentrate on its exhaust. Rusty old nova sounding like a lambo, or am i just a dreamer.
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Im considering the 6 for a nova my sister just got running. Do something unique and not just drop a 350 in. If I could remedy the 5's head-gasket issue i'd do that, and concentrate on its exhaust. Rusty old nova sounding like a lambo, or am i just a dreamer.
              They made a Trailblazer SS with the 5.3L IIRC.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisIsNotSonny
                How does the motor not blow out?
                Basic bitch M20 can run all day as long as it stays cool.
                I do things.

Comment

Ummm. Let's see here. 3.5 and 3.7 are I5 from the 1st Colorado/Canyon (there was a 3.5v6 global with a blower on in the 00 Malibu maxes as well) line up and the 4.2 was an i6 out of the trail blazer..... All 3 are are unique to those platforms and th I6 while it looks well built and designed on paper and if you can keep them from eatting something important on the middle 2 cylinders do take well to moderate amounts of boost, I assure they are not that well constructed. The coil packs have a tendency to shit them selves on 3 and 4 due to heat, and also build up on valves. Spun rod bearings are also common on 3 and 4 as are valve failures . The oil pump is a bitch as is the timing chain and front cover and if your working on a 4wd platform anything Invloving the front cover or lower end needs the entire front drive line including the diff pulled out to work on.

LS swap is going to be cheaper than a boosted 4.2 i6 in the long run and more reliable so do that and run from the boondoggle. Yes there are guys out there that have tamed the 4.2I6 and made good power and unique and albeit nice exhaust note, I would not put the time nor the effort in when a better and more well proven option is right in front of you.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Probably a good reason you never see these motors in performance applications. Financially rebuilding our 5.3L or a new one and stick it to the TH350 that came with the car makes more sense. Why do SBC's have to be this good.
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

The 5 banger is a gutless, gas guzzling shit box.

The straight 6 in the blazer is a MUCH better engine.

Both are dead reliable, but the 5 cylinder just doesn't have enough power..
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

4.2 liters and and it doesn't even make 300hp? Sounds like a pile of shit to me. Like, that's 30+ years of engineering advancements over the M20 (it's got all the goodies, VVT, e-throttle, 24v, etc), yet the power density is the same (or less, except for 2006) as an M20B25. Pass...
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Car is in really nice shape. Taking a break while the compressor fills, but about wrapped up on the jobber. Needs shock/struts, timing belt was unknown interval, water pump bearings had play, did all the "while you are in there stuff" valve adjustment etc. Top has a couple of tiny holes from what appears to be from the cabrio lid, rear seat has a patch on the top, but overall a very well kept low mileage unmolested e30. Bottom of the valve cover is spotless, head has a light gold color which is typical of conventional oil changes.

These kind of cars are enjoyable to work on - much better than the clapped out swapped cars I typically have to sort wiring, replace bailing wire with bolts, wiring nightmares etc. lol.

Bradnic is a super cool dude. Also told me about a particular 885 head he recently purchased. :p
                          ForcedFirebird John it was terrific to finally meet you in person! So glad things went well with your wife's medical stuff.

Thanks for buttoning the vert up for my mom. She went absolutely bonkers over the car.
                          As soon as she saw it she assumed it was mine lol. Parked it in her garage, told her it really looked good in there.
                          She said yes it did. I said it's yours. she said No. I said yes. She said No. I laughed and said yup. all yours. She started crying.
                          Been driving it every day come hell or highwater ha.

I'll bring her back to you soon for the suspension work. Gonna donate my top and top straps as the PO never replaced the tension straps... also on the hunt for a pristine black vert rear seat for her.

btw on those tiny top holes (2 equally spaced on either side of the top)... I'm convinced it's from some sort of tie down from a car transporter.
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            4.2 liters and and it doesn't even make 300hp? Sounds like a pile of shit to me. Like, that's 30+ years of engineering advancements over the M20 (it's got all the goodies, VVT, e-throttle, 24v, etc), yet the power density is the same (or less, except for 2006) as an M20B25. Pass...
                            It was an I6 desinged for SUVs, HP wasn't a goal.

I had trailblazer with the I6 and it was nice.... ..for a small SUV.

lots of torque down low.. lots..

like ~250 beginning somewhere ~1500 rpm
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              Lol the 4.5l. I6 1FZFE in my Land Cruiser only makes 212hp and 275ft/lbs and consumes fule like a big block chevy and is 100% bone stock. But it will run for 500k miles before major overhauls, and on fule pumped out of barrel with a hand pump in Bolivia and is 67ron. If need be, and do so happily
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Probably a good reason you never see these motors in performance applications. Financially rebuilding our 5.3L or a new one and stick it to the TH350 that came with the car makes more sense. Why do SBC's have to be this good.
                                They're not necessarily good, just cheap, well understood, and really well supported.

Comment

Working...
                                X