Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post

0.12 E30 M3's

I come from the days that e30m3's could be had for about $8k :P
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^ bought my 91 for 1,000 and an 86 for 600.
      those where the days. back then people would say bmws are expensive to work ect.
      this was early 00s.

i bet tial makes more money on selling wastegate springs than wastegates.

you need 3 springs for the mvr. at 8bux each.
      Last edited by LowR3V'in; 10-22-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they boomed like Bitcoin in 2017.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          ^ bought my 91 for 1,000 and an 86 for 600.
          those where the days. back then people would say bmws are expensive to work ect.
          this was early 00s.

i bet tial makes more money on selling wastegate springs than wastegates.

you need 3 springs for the mvr. at 8bux each.
          I paid $3400 for my 70k mile 325es in 2006. Total time capsule. Got in a bad wreck in 2012 with it, still my favorite car.

How about this for apples? I paid $48,000 for my 2/2 ranch style house in 1998. :( My first kid was just born, now graduating college in 7 weeks.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Nice man. Congratulations on getting your oldest across the finish line.

my son just turned 26 yesterday. A couple weeks ago, he just got hired at his first regional airline as a pilot. the same company I used to work for. Exactly 20 years to the month after I was hired there!!!

I am so proud of that little bastard!!!!!
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The RacingDiffs 4 clutch upgrade kits are 20% off for the next 20 minutes:
              I assume their 3.13-4.10 kits are also on sale, but here's the 2.78-3.07 kit that I just bought. Hopefully can combine this kit, my e36 2.93, and an old s3.73

Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I paid $3,800 for my car.

I way over paid, but I didn't know that at the time.

Fun fact, I've tried to buy the E30 several times over the years, Eric wanted $6,000 at one point, then $4,500.
                Over quite a few beers, I told him to keep the Schmidt wheels, and we agreed on $3,800.

Car was really worth about $2,000.
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  I assume their 3.13-4.10 kits are also on sale, but here's the 2.78-3.07 kit that I just bought. Hopefully can combine this kit, my e36 2.93, and an old s3.73

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Limited-slip...7/263565918393
                  Yeah, I don't need this much grip.
                  But, on hard turns, when one wheel is almost unloaded, I do get a bit of one tire fire.
                  My diff needs new clutches.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Limited-slip...7/263565918393
                    Thanks, picking up a set for 4.10. One of the endurance cars lost the diff clutches at Sebring last month. First time we ever corded a fresh tire within a 14hr (right rear, Sebring is a clockwise track).

john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

Saturday I get in my wife's escalade esv(2010) and I go to take off and I hear a really bad grinding noise. Sounds like plastic gears grinding on each other. This doesn't happen all the time and can occur in a corner or going straight. All while under throttle.

Not know what it could be, doesn't seem like a hub where it is a constant roar or while turning. So yesterday I took the day off from work as a sick day(allergies are killing me) and got the vehicle up on jack stands. Had the wife get in and then give it gas and then brake.

While she was doing this I could see the whole drive train move. I guess you would call them subframe mounts would raise like an inch and then under the hood I could see the motor mounts move as well allowing the motor to move.

But I never heard the noise while it was on the jack stands...

very weird...
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

other than an lsd going with no rear swaybar was the best thing i've done to grip the turns

Comment

I've been trying to replace my current 4 clutch 3.73 ever since I swapped the car in like 2015, but I haven't had luck finding an e30 s2.93 or anything I can harvest the carrier cap from, so this solves a few issues at the same time I guess.

The difference between 4 clutch and stock is noticeable on throttle in corners. I think my current diff has stock ramps and I'm not really sure if I should do anything to the ramps on the next one.

Pasi threw one of these kits in two different cars and he ended up having to machine ~1mm off the cap still before install, so measure the stackup I guess.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yeah open diff + sway delete works OK.

Northern, good to know. Might have to dust off my surface grinder. :/ As far as the ramps, I have been meaning to try factory accel and 0 decel, but alas my stuff always gets worked on last lol.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

i was like....hmmm....2 days without dingleberry and his posts full of wisdom. then i looked back a couple pages and i was like...right on.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                i was like....hmmm....2 days without dingleberry and his posts full of wisdom. then i looked back a couple pages and i was like...right on.
                                The proverbial bidet of moderation has hopefully done something to prevent future dingleberry occurrences.

Comment

Working...
                                X