Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

At least it's still less expensive to rebuild an E30 than it would be to buy any new 3er, not to mention that people don't think you're a douche when you drive an E30. Unless it's some weird color, like the innards of a cantaloupe of course.
    That sounds absolutely terrible. Fuck that guy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dd0.png
Views:	844
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	9891000
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Do it, Simon. I am planning on a build thread for the new race car - never really did any thorough build threads here.

Not just rarity. Inflation is off the chain since 2009, and people aren't realizing it - in the last 9yr the dollar has gone up about 20%....

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
      Logical, but often forgotten.
      I do things.

Comment

Do it, Simon. I am planning on a build thread for the new race car - never really did any thorough build threads here.

Not just rarity. Inflation is off the chain since 2009, and people aren't realizing it - in the last 9yr the dollar has gone up about 20%....

You can look at it one of two ways, either our E30s are 20% more valuable, or the recent price rises are much less impressive than they seem. I choose neither because I own a sedan, and no one wants those.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Unless it's some weird color, like the innards of a cantaloupe of course.
          Shots fired!

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post

Yeah, they have gone quite a bit. Might be the only time I've purchased parts before the prices skyrocketed. Usually the other way around for me.
          Yeah, I've gotten lucky on a few items where I bought before prices went up. Not this time.

I'm sure inflation is part of it, but it was maybe 2 years ago when I last looked. I'm guessing, like other items, after they sold out the previously available supply, they had to make more, and costs went up since it was likely a smaller batch, material costs had gone up, etc. MT2 wheels and ZHP knobs are both way more expensive now, same with door weather strip, and M coupe diff bushings, to name a few off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
            Shots fired!

Yeah, I've gotten lucky on a few items where I bought before prices went up. Not this time.

I'm sure inflation is part of it, but it was maybe 2 years ago when I last looked. I'm guessing, like other items, after they sold out the previously available supply, they had to make more, and costs went up since it was likely a smaller batch, material costs had gone up, etc. MT2 wheels and ZHP knobs are both way more expensive now, same with door weather strip, and M coupe diff bushings, to name a few off the top of my head.

Oh, for sure. Look what happened when they did the dashboard run a few years ago - wholesale for a brand new dash as under $800.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Mandalorin is awesome! The wife and I love it.

We are also watching Treadstone on USA. Spin off of the Bourne series.

Last week found out the head gasket on the jeep blew, no water in the oil but there's oil all in the water. e30 needs a temp sensor but I have to thread it or buy one already threaded for the whole... At least my truck still works good...*knocks on wood*
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

4.0L on the Jeep?
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  Mandalorin is awesome! The wife and I love it.

We are also watching Treadstone on USA. Spin off of the Bourne series.

Last week found out the head gasket on the jeep blew, no water in the oil but there's oil all in the water. e30 needs a temp sensor but I have to thread it or buy one already threaded for the whole... At least my truck still works good...*knocks on wood*
                  Might want to diagnose that further. Usually when the head gasket is compromised between a coolant and oil passage, the coolant goes into the oil since the cooling system is under pressure (usually about 1bar ~ 14.5psi). Not sure if that particular motor has pressurized oil right next to a coolant passage, but that's not typical engineering.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Any of you have experience hiring a transport truck to move a car for you?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                      4.0L on the Jeep?
                      Yeah, 97 jeep xj found a local shop that has heads for $300, probably tackle this job. Will be my first head gasket job.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Might want to diagnose that further. Usually when the head gasket is compromised between a coolant and oil passage, the coolant goes into the oil since the cooling system is under pressure (usually about 1bar ~ 14.5psi). Not sure if that particular motor has pressurized oil right next to a coolant passage, but that's not typical engineering.
                        Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Seems weird that there is oil in the coolant but not the other way around.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          Any of you have experience hiring a transport truck to move a car for you?
                          I've had a car moved from Denver to VA in 2012, and am in the process of having a van moved from Tucson to the DC Metro area right now.

Check this out: https://www.move.org/best-car-shipping-companies/

Comment

Thank you for pushing me in this direction. I was about to start buying stuff...

So I went and checked the tranny fluid...sure enough, it's full of coolant as well. Now to figure out how they got mixed. My first thought is a leak in the radiator as they both go there for cooling, Metal cooling tanks on the side for the transmission.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Thank you for pushing me in this direction. I was about to start buying stuff...

So I went and checked the tranny fluid...sure enough, it's full of coolant as well. Now to figure out how they got mixed. My first thought is a leak in the radiator as they both go there for cooling, Metal cooling tanks on the side for the transmission.
                              Coolant in the trans fluid is a definitive diagnosis for ruptured radiator end tank trans fluid cooler... nothing else it could be. Fortunately that explains the oil in your coolant as well.

Subarus with head gasket problems will warn by showing a film of oil at the coolant fill on the radiator before coolant in the oil is evident. However, they're OHC engines and have pressurized oil passing through the head gasket. The Jeep 4.0 is not OHC and does not have pressurized oil through the head gasket.

Comment

All the trucks I've owned got stand alone trans coolers for that very reason (if they weren't that way stock).

Will, that's interesting about the Subi's. As I said earlier, it's atypical for an oil/coolant pressure passages to be separated.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:

Comment

Working...
                                X