Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Just noticed that theres been a M20B25 short block for sale pretty much local to me... I might need to grab that, throw it in with the stuff I currently have so I can bump from maybe 133bhp to "144whp"
    It's no M42, but it will do.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

It's no M42, but it will do.
      They've become quite the commodity... I cant find a good one. People are officially swapping M42 in place of M20s now...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just noticed that theres been a M20B25 short block for sale pretty much local to me... I might need to grab that, throw it in with the stuff I currently have so I can bump from maybe 133bhp to "144whp"
        I JUST read that thread lol. 144whp is pretty average for a high mile m20, nothing to gawk at. $100 to go pick up a known good short block is a good deal, though, the cranks seem to fetch that by themselves.

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Local dude tried to make a 2.7L stroker, out of an eta, not seta He has a spare 2.5L laying around.
          Wish I had the room, would make a great start to a 2.8 build. He has the 885 head on the 2.7L waffleswaffleswaffles.

He also hacked the core support off, and re-welded it, to both cars.
          I do things.

Comment

And if you don't want to swap the $100 m20 in the end, make it into an artsy coffee table or use the crank for a table lamp. You could be so stylish

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

885 head on an eta engine is anemic at best. An eta with a chip will put down about 120whp and in the 160's on TQ, the "2.7i" combination barely puts down 135whp, but it kills the torque in the process (they make about 130-140wtq).

A cheap/reliable way to make a stroker is to use the eta crank/rods and "i" pistons with a block that's shaved down 2mm. The one in our race car makes 180whp/180wtq in that config (all balanced, built head etc, but all used parts aside from rings/bearings). Even a back yard mechanic should get in the 170's slapping this combo together in the dirt drive way - the only machining cost is the decking of the block.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                885 head on an eta engine is anemic at best. An eta with a chip will put down about 120whp and in the 160's on TQ, the "2.7i" combination barely puts down 135whp, but it kills the torque in the process (they make about 130-140wtq).

A cheap/reliable way to make a stroker is to use the eta crank/rods and "i" pistons with a block that's shaved down 2mm. The one in our race car makes 180whp/180wtq in that config (all balanced, built head etc, but all used parts aside from rings/bearings). Even a back yard mechanic should get in the 170's slapping this combo together in the dirt drive way - the only machining cost is the decking of the block.
                OH man, I know.
                The dude trying to build that car is, less than experienced, I'll be polite.
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

OH man, I know.
                  The dude trying to build that car is, less than experienced, I'll be polite.
                  I did it too - my first e30 was an '86 eta and wasn't happy with the power, the 2.7i is slightly more fun to drive than a stock eta - but will still lag behind a b25. Not sure if your guy started with an eta, but it is a nice little upgrade if you have a 325e, not so much if you have a 325i. Almost always better to just swap the whole b25 in there, providing it was a good running engine.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

I did it too - my first e30 was an '86 eta and wasn't happy with the power, the 2.7i is slightly more fun to drive than a stock eta - but will still lag behind a b25. Not sure if your guy started with an eta, but it is a nice little upgrade if you have a 325e, not so much if you have a 325i. Almost always better to just swap the whole b25 in there, providing it was a good running engine.
                    He had two cars, 325i and 325e. So he was going to swap the head from the B25 to the B27 because he thought it would make a higher HP car overall.

They're both early sedans. The donor car was not in bad shape, body was straight, the car he was swapping into had a bashed up firewall, all around the block off plate for the HVAC inlet. As I said earlier he cut the cord supports off of both.

He was trying to install the suspension, and cut the entire strut tube off, and was welding the shock directly to the spindle. He made a post on the Facebook group (Local Nola Bimmers) asking why his shock was leaking.

All wiring ends cut when core support was removed. It's a mess.
                    He's selling both for $1400. It's a fair deal for the parts, but man, what a hodge podge.
                    I do things.

Comment

Melon please post pics... this sounds amazing
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Some people just can't have nice things. Guy sounds like a special kind of retarded.

Comment

bro, its 0.2 more powerfuller
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Melon, I pretty much exclusively play PUBG
                            PC? I would play more PUBG if I had people to play with
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              bro, its 0.2 more powerfuller
                              You assume the person in question knows basic math, and I'd say that's a stretch. More powerfuller, yes.

Comment

Melon please post pics... this sounds amazing
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1574776982778.jpg
Views:	1276
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	9889820
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X