Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Lady Melon is furloughed, she works at a waxing salon.
    well, on the positive side: at work she gets to look at vaginas all day.

seriously, though...sorry to hear that she is out of work. my wife is too.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

She can stay busy waxing Mr Melon...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It's looking nice and sunny outside today and my brain can't focus working from home. Ahhh guess that's why I'm on this site haha.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

With all of the negativity going on, thought I'd share some good news.

Had my half-year performance review with my manager last week. Our fiscal year starts in Aug. That is when we usually are eligible for raises.

With all of the stuff going on and our company's stock tanking I was thinking we wouldn't be getting any bonuses.

So not only did I get a really good bonus, but I also got a raise as well! Totally unexpected!

Thought I'd share something happy.

Also found that a bunch of musicians did a "concert" found the link.
          (edit: apparently the YouTube codec isn't working for embedding a video...)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            With all of the negativity going on, thought I'd share some good news.

Had my half-year performance review with my manager last week. Our fiscal year starts in Aug. That is when we usually are eligible for raises.

With all of the stuff going on and our company's stock tanking I was thinking we wouldn't be getting any bonuses.

So not only did I get a really good bonus, but I also got a raise as well! Totally unexpected!

Thought I'd share something happy.

Also found that a bunch of musicians did a "concert" found the link.
            (edit: apparently the YouTube codec isn't working for embedding a video...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et-JjT6i4rY
            Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              10k new cases today. WTF
              Here's a better way to look at it...

United States Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Scroll down past the table of State cases to "Total Coronavirus Cases in the United States"

If you look at the numbers day-by-day, the doubling times were down close to 2 days.
              Since the incubation period of the virus is 2 weeks, we will not see results from "social distancing" and other countermeasures in terms of new cases for 2 weeks. That 2 weeks was yesterday.
              Starting on 3/28, the doubling time was MORE THAN 3 days.
              Unless we have 50,000 new cases today, the doubling time for today's data will be >FOUR days.

We are starting to win.

Comment

I wrapped up my last w2 paying job in sept, went home to get my long put off fuckered knee fixed and got the official release to go back to work in mid jan, and was supposed to go to TX in Feb for a longer term project, though that kept getting the start date pushed back. Now well all of our projects on the books are going on shutdown and or start dates pushed back to god knows when. Couple this with the energy markets in turmoil from demand shock and the OPEC+ price war...... Its going to be a rough couple years for me I think, buckle up all this is going to get worse before it gets better. We have a lot of awarded work that is various stages of completion so I will get something to do once this clears up some what, just a little stressful waiting on the official start date is all

Thank god we still have a significant savings in the bank but that is dwindling fast now that we have H/C insurance coming out of that every month, doing some side projects here and there around the house help to stem the bleeding but thats all but dried up with all this shut down shit going on and no one having any money coming in and wondering how they are going to make the rent and food bills next week. We got the shelter in place "suggestion" last week, but many general service business were on hiatus or emergency call only status already, and food service was carry out only for the last 10 days or so. We have been helping friends and neighbors as much as we can with what ever we can when we can.

I am grateful that we are still going to be ok for a long while yet, as we have plenty of food and supplies stocked up for this kinda thing but we eat a lot fresh produce and what not normally. Even more fortunately we have had a little windfall in some income lately ( a pre-corona planned asset sale did end up going though) so I am going to put a little more love into my Pickup and bring the ol girl ( 2004) into the modern age with a new bluetooth capable head unit, and recover the wore out seats. In addition to having to yank the Tcase out and split it and fix the rear case half and install a "pump rub kit" as I just noticed a few drips on the shop floor the other day. Good news is I caught it before the case went dry and ate it self when I refilled and it only took about a 1/4 quart.

Well shit I have rambled on enough, We are weathering all this better than most, but we are still beyond skeptical/concerned where all this will end up and what the future may hold after all of this comes to an end.

Good luck, best wishes thoughts and prayers to everyone of you guys, and your loved ones we all need to support each other to the best we can despite all thats going in world right now

Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post

We are starting to win.
                  so we can go out and play during Easter? ... jk

BTW the number I keep seeing is that this thing has a ~3% mortality rate, but the US numbers I crunched today had us at 1.8%, so another win!?

TeXJ congrats on that! I was able to get my bonus, but the raises were put on hold until the end of Q2, so we'll see what happens...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                    next year we should look at another possible outbreak.
                    I'm not a virologist or any kind of doctor, but with the number of people who have caught this virus, I could imagine that it wouldn't be crazy for the virus to mutate enough to infect people again.

2mAn how are you getting that number?
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

i think cases means ppl that have been so sick they had to to go to er or urgent care.
                      i've read that some people get it and is very mild.

does it usually go 0 to 100 and you're dead sick or after you show symptoms
                      you slowly become so sick you need to go to hospital. like 6 weeks after you start coughing?

Comment

We are starting to win.
                        This does not fit with what I find from credible sources.

One example:

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-persp...-fatality-rate
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

2mAn how are you getting that number?
                          https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
                          • Total cases: 186,101
                          • Total deaths: 3,603
                          These are todays numbers: 1.9% mortality in the US. Less than the Worldwide number of ~3%... but we will see. Agent Orange says these next two weeks will be very bad. We'll see. Check back on 4/15
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

This does not fit with what I find from credible sources.

One example:

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-persp...-fatality-rate
                            Then take a class in data analysis
                            The media wants people scared because that's how they get eyeballs on screens. That's why almost no one is explaining exponential growth or what to actually look for in an exponential system. It's completely appalling that almost no one is talking about doubling time in public discourse.

Stretching out the doubling time does not mean that we're not getting new cases, or even that we've seen the largest single day increase in cases.
                            It means that the exponent on the exponential growth is dropping as a direct result of actions we are taking to make it drop.

When we started national countermeasures on/about 3/15, most of the cases that would be confirmed over the following 14 days had already been infected. That means that we would not see any effect from our countermeasures for 14 days. This past weekend marked 14 days. As of the three day period ended 3/28, doubling time was over 3 days, while it had been just over two days for the previous two weeks. Doubling time was over 4 days with yesterday's number, although it didn't quite make 5 with today's data. if tomorrow's number (available 4/03) shows a doubling time of 5 days, that will be a very good sign.

The peak is still in front of us, but we're starting to flatten the curve.

Comment

The peak is still in front of us, but we're starting to flatten the curve.
                              Isolating ( ) the good news haha
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Is seems clear that peak rate is ahead, probably less than 3 weeks for the areas that already are experiencing decent proliferation. However, all areas of the country, thanks to a state by state approach, will not peak at the same time. This is good for the health care system capacity issue, but means that states that get to a clear backside of peak will need to maintain measures to prevent another cycle of large scale outbreak. Of course, once the public realizes that the hump has been passed there will be increased resistance to maintenance of the safety measures, and some states will undoubtedly slacken measures too early which has the potential to restart the cycle and just drag out this thing all year.

While I think that in MD we will probably start to show real improvement in numbers by the end of April, we probably are not looking at a slackening of measures until June, which sucks big time, and I don't see this thing being over with nationally until maybe August.

The annoying part is that we could probably have this handled by mid-May nationally, even with how far the cat is out of the bag now, if we only had cohesive procedures.

As to the point of this thread, I sold my '95 318ti today and am down to one registered car for the first time in many years. At least it's an E30, but it is also for sale, and if it sells in the near future I'll be borrowing another E30 (one of my old tourings) to drive until I can find the right truck (04+ Ranger 2.3 + 5 speed, ideally not white, sub 4.5K, which is proving hard to find).

Comment

Working...
                                X