Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

    As to the point of this thread, I sold my '95 318ti today and am down to one registered car for the first time in many years. At least it's an E30, but it is also for sale, and if it sells in the near future I'll be borrowing another E30 (one of my old tourings) to drive until I can find the right truck (04+ Ranger 2.3 + 5 speed, ideally not white, sub 4.5K, which is proving hard to find).
    I sold my E30 a few weeks ago and was down to daily driving the Datsun Roadster around, which wasnt bad at all actually, but my wife mustve jinxed me because she asked what I would do if it rains. Being LA I thought, I will deal with that when it happens, not realizing that the next two weeks had rain in the forecast... Luckily the other cards in play showed themselves quickly so I was able to pick up a nice little daily that Im enjoying.
    Simon
    Current Car:
    -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
    -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



    Make R3V Great Again -2020

    Comment


      Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

      well, on the positive side: at work she gets to look at vaginas all day.

      seriously, though...sorry to hear that she is out of work. my wife is too.
      Lol, the horror stories I have heard, ladies ain't as clean as they would lead you to believe.

      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      She can stay busy waxing Mr Melon...
      She's waxed my legs before, they needed models when she was training.
      Shit hurts, like legit painful.

      She's been spending time with her daughter since she's stuck here with us which is awesome.

      I do things.

      Comment


        I sold the Corvette as well!
        I do things.

        Comment


          Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

          Nice!
          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post


          TeXJ congrats on that! I was able to get my bonus, but the raises were put on hold until the end of Q2, so we'll see what happens...
          Thank you!

          It is very rare, I've never heard of it, to get a raise mid year. Hopefully you'll get that raise!
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

          Comment


            Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

            https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
            • Total cases: 186,101
            • Total deaths: 3,603
            These are todays numbers: 1.9% mortality in the US. Less than the Worldwide number of ~3%... but we will see. Agent Orange says these next two weeks will be very bad. We'll see. Check back on 4/15
            Oh, makes sense. Technically yeah, deaths/total gives the mortality rate, but that's not meaningful until there aren't cases active anymore.

            https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2004500]This study[/url] found the average time from symptom start to ICU admission to be 7±4 days, then those that died, died within 18 days of admission.

            So even if we say that the average is 7+(18/2), that's a 2.5 week lag in your death number.
            But then if you look back 2.5 weeks, the numbers don't actually make any sense because the testing was not happening.

            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

            Comment


              Just want to make clear that I'm not saying that the mortality rate is way higher than you suggest, just that I don't believe the method is reasonable while cases are still growing, especially at this rate (which may be inflated from testing delays anyway)
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

              Comment


                The talk of numbers and rates of change and mortality ITT is pretty pointless, imo. Garbage in: garbage out. With the shortage of test kits and lack of test that is fast and practical to do on everyone who is showing symptoms, the numbers in can't be anything but garbage so the results are the same. It will be quite a while before we have some numbers which are sound and believable, speculating on it is a waste of time. Doesn't help that the gov't is just now admitting that China's numbers are not believable, it has been obvious that official news out of China is a lie to anyone who has actually been watching this critically. When China said there was no evidence of person to person transmission and the WHO parroted that propaganda point I lost all trust in them and luckily had begun preparing for this to happen. People make fun of you for preparing for just about anything so I just kept it quiet, hopefully those people learn from this.

                IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20B25 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop

                Comment


                  varg I agree with you that the numbers arent really accurate, but isnt it nice that we're still below the "3%" than much higher? Again, Im not expecting it to stay so low because the US didnt get locked down and still isnt as locked down as it likely should be so the spread will continue and the numbers will grow. That being said the "100k-240k" death claim still seems quite high IMO especially if he is expecting that in the next 2 weeks which is what it sounded like... dammit getting too close to the P&R again!...

                  back to nonsense, my working from home has allowed me more garage time so Ive been knocking out a lot more small items, and spending more time in the garage. This helps keep a sense of normalcy among everything else that isnt normal right now
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                  -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by varg View Post
                    The talk of numbers and rates of change and mortality ITT is pretty pointless, imo. Garbage in: garbage out. With the shortage of test kits and lack of test that is fast and practical to do on everyone who is showing symptoms, the numbers in can't be anything but garbage so the results are the same. It will be quite a while before we have some numbers which are sound and believable, speculating on it is a waste of time. Doesn't help that the gov't is just now admitting that China's numbers are not believable, it has been obvious that official news out of China is a lie to anyone who has actually been watching this critically. When China said there was no evidence of person to person transmission and the WHO parroted that propaganda point I lost all trust in them and luckily had begun preparing for this to happen. People make fun of you for preparing for just about anything so I just kept it quiet, hopefully those people learn from this.
                    http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/

                    Virginia is testing just over 10 people for every confirmed case and the Comonwealth has been sitting around 20th for number of cases, currently 1,700 cases out of 17,000 tested, so I don't think testing is the bottleneck or roadblock is was a couple of weeks ago.

                    Confirmed cases isn't the "true" metric of prevalence of infection, but it's the best indicator we have of how close we are to the "really bad" projection... so we're starting to look a lot better relative to hitting that really bad projection.

                    worldometers shows US cases doubled in just under 5 days with 4/01 data. If we add the same number of cases today as we did yesterday, the doubling time will be over 5 days.

                    Comment


                      What's needed is and antibody test kit that fast and cheap to deploy and maunfacture. To start test vast swaths to the general population. That will tell us just how many people have already had this and recovered and never sought medical help. That will give us a better Idea of just how large the mortality rate is, I suspect this bug has been running rampant in the US for much longer than the last 2 months.

                      The cases we see in the medical wards are the worst of the worst and have taken a while to get that way.

                      I am not saying this is no big deal but I do think it's been blown out of proportion and way more people have had it than. anyone realizes.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


                      The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

                      Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        What's needed is and antibody test kit that fast and cheap to deploy and maunfacture. To start test vast swaths to the general population. That will tell us just how many people have already had this and recovered and never sought medical help. That will give us a better Idea of just how large the mortality rate is, I suspect this bug has been running rampant in the US for much longer than the last 2 months.
                        It's quite possible it's been here for much longer. Some suggest September/October.
                        In S. Korea it took a massive public event before it really began with community spread.

                        Antibody detection may be a test we all take at some point.

                        Also, this whole thing will be debated for years.
                        I'm sure there will be a conspiracy theory mantra to go along with it like "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams"



                        I do things.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by varg View Post
                          T luckily had begun preparing for this to happen. People make fun of you for preparing for just about anything so I just kept it quiet, hopefully those people learn from this.
                          how have you prepared for this?

                          Comment


                            I have a friend that says he had this at the end of Dec. Had no test for it and didn't test positive for the flu...
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Melon View Post

                              I'm sure there will be a conspiracy theory mantra to go along with it like "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams"
                              It doesnt !! And those buildings were designed to withstand 2 planes each
                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment


                                Jesus this again.... You dont have to melt steel to weaken it to the point of failure with intense heat when its under 80+ % of working load ;)
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville


                                The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

                                Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X