Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Ugh. 8mmx13mm fuel pressure hose is sold out all over the place, WorldPac has been out for a while now. Must be some kind of shortage, even online vendors are showing out of stock. Sucks, I use it by the roll, and am stuck buying 1m pieces for a huge mark up. :(
    Have you tried BelMetric? They have Flennor multi-fuel 8x13 150psi in 15m rolls. They also have braided, if you're into that sort of thing.
    1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

i've been using 5/16 stuff

cant find the metric rolls anywhere, but most auto places have the standard high pressure fuel hoses
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I can find it, just used to paying like $8/m and having it delivered to the shop same day. :/

On another note, rivnuts are such a cool invention. Installing a diff cooler, cool suit, fuel swirl pot and lexan windows in this e36 and the rivnuts made quick/neat work. Still have to install the windows and my forearms already feel like Popeye after installing so many.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          I can find it, just used to paying like $8/m and having it delivered to the shop same day. :/

On another note, rivnuts are such a cool invention. Installing a diff cooler, cool suit, fuel swirl pot and lexan windows in this e36 and the rivnuts made quick/neat work. Still have to install the windows and my forearms already feel like Popeye after installing so many.
          What do you recommend for a brand of rivnuts and the tool to install them?
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

What do you recommend for a brand of rivnuts and the tool to install them?
            I can't say, but I can say that a branding opportunity has been missed if a brand called Deez does not sell rivnuts and other female receptacle fasteners.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I can't say, but I can say that a branding opportunity has been missed if a brand called Deez does not sell rivnuts and other female receptacle fasteners.
              And that, my friend, is why your 'like-o-meter' is oh so full. Good stuff.

Comment

And that, my friend, is why your 'like-o-meter' is oh so full. Good stuff.
                LOL Exactly!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Not sure of the "brands" of the rivnuts, I have gotten them from various outlets - like regular rivets/tools, they aren't complicated enough to warrant spending any more money on them than you have to. The tool I have is made by Muzata, got it from Amazon, about $30 with a few sample rivnuts. I have a big bag of 6mm steel rivnuts (the most common one I use) I picked up on Amazon at the same time, but don't remember beyond that. the local fastener supplier also carries them in all different materials.

The first time I dealt with them was many years ago. Purchased an e36 x brace off fleabay and it came with rivnuts and extra long bolts with double nuts to set the rivnuts. Just thread the bolt in and use a wrench to hold the hex head as you use a wrench to pack the nut against the rivnut and draw it in. Works great, but a little time consuming if you need to do a bunch.

I bought cheap figuring if they are anything like regular rivet tools, I will go through them about every 2yr. I save the fancy buying for quality hand tools (slowly been converting everything to Snap-On/Bluepoint).

I really dig the Milwaukee 12v cordless rivet gun, but the price has caused me to balk, and they haven't started coming up used yet. Like the hand tools converting to Snap-On, switch to Milwaukee cordless because of all the cool battery tools they offer (was DeWalt for years).
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

lol. Skimmed over the post and just caught it after replying haha.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:

Comment

If this ain't some serious nonsense......

Some asshole threw a money pit onto a trailer and then forced me to tow it up the I-17 to my house.

Oh yeah, right. That asshole is me.

M3 Trailered Home by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

1997 M3, Estoril on Dove. This is my second car of this year, trim, and colors. Convenient, as this project is being undertaken to memorialize the life of my recently deceased father, who loved cars, and who happened to cruise around with me in my old '97 Estoril on Dove M3 back when I lived in San Diego. Very fitting that this one should be exactly like that one.

Figured I would have learned my lesson with the first few, but nope. Once again, here we are. Bad decisions incoming. Build thread, on R3v, coming soon.

Comment

Some people, so inconsiderate, jeez. Maybe that guy wlll learn one day.

Comment

Love it when other people make bad decisions, but I don’t see anything wrong with that decision... Let us know when you rip out a perfectly good motor
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

If this ain't some serious nonsense......

Some asshole threw a money pit onto a trailer and then forced me to tow it up the I-17 to my house.

Oh yeah, right. That asshole is me.

M3 Trailered Home by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

1997 M3, Estoril on Dove. This is my second car of this year, trim, and colors. Convenient, as this project is being undertaken to memorialize the life of my recently deceased father, who loved cars, and who happened to cruise around with me in my old '97 Estoril on Dove M3 back when I lived in San Diego. Very fitting that this one should be exactly like that one.

Figured I would have learned my lesson with the first few, but nope. Once again, here we are. Bad decisions incoming. Build thread, on R3v, coming soon.
                            Ooohh! You're making me want to look for M3's now dammit. I had a chance to buy a clapped out E36 M3 that was a repo a while back. Couldn't get the fucker to start and my wife wouldn't go for me spending 1000 on a non-running car. I just wanted an S52
                            88 325i Cabrio
                            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

Ooohh! You're making me want to look for M3's now dammit. I had a chance to buy a clapped out E36 M3 that was a repo a while back. Couldn't get the fucker to start and my wife wouldn't go for me spending 1000 on a non-running car. I just wanted an S52
                              This was the exact problem I had before I finally committed to just buying something. Kept getting distracted by the myriad choices of cars out there. Happily, the E36 M3 always came back around to the top of the list.

Comment

This was the exact problem I had before I finally committed to just buying something. Kept getting distracted by the myriad choices of cars out there. Happily, the E36 M3 always came back around to the top of the list.
                                Well, I've only had my Jeep for like 5 months. So, another car is a very distant idea now... Did just get all four new tires on, so I wanna look at how it hooks now. The rears just couldn't plant before.
                                88 325i Cabrio
                                04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Working...
                                X