No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys know of a Nissan equivalent to realoem? I'm looking for the clip that holds the drier lines in, it's a crappy little piece of stamped sheet metal that apparently deformed just enough when snugging it down that the brand new drier with new o rings started leaking once the system pressure went up, either that or the o-rings that came with it were undersized

I looked on factorynissanpartsonline.com, nissanpartsdeal.com, nissanpartsplus.com, and did the requisite google searches but I cannot find a part anywhere.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516 - Copy.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	9939325
    Last edited by varg; 07-17-2020, 01:51 PM.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

yes i own a nissan

Comment

Dang, only goes up to 2007 and it's a 2014 Altima. Looked at a late 2007 and it wasn't listed. I'm beginning to think the only place to get the clip is with a new condenser

Nissan, Japan's Chrysler.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Dang, only goes up to 2007 and it's a 2014 Altima. Looked at a late 2007 and it wasn't listed. I'm beginning to think the only place to get the clip is with a new condenser

Nissan, Japan's Chrysler.
          Very true lol
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hahaha.
            I do things.

Comment

After having this e30 for almost 10 years now, you'd think I could remember to turn the headlights off when I park it.

... at least it's in my driveway.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

It's sad, there are a few cars in my top 10 that are Nissans; Z31 300ZX, Hakosuka GTR, are both above the E30 on my list. But Nissans seem to have a lot of quality problems and poor engineering, especially those from the '00s, not to mention aesthetic issues like the absolutely disgusting interior in the 350Z. For an example of these quality/engineering issues, wtf is this stupid stamped sheet metal clamp arrangement that is troubling me right now? The clamp that holds the lines into the expansion valve is a nice thick cast AL piece, so why is the clamp holding the lines into the drier a flimsy piece of stamped 16 gauge? It isn't even heat treated or anything, it's soft and ductile in an application where stiffness is the key to good performance. I tapped the clamp with a screwdriver and a hammer to press the line in flush and stop the leak but only managed to slow it to the point that you can just barely detect it with soapy water, so hopefully my buddy has cold AC until we can source a new clamp or I can fabricate something better.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                - updated 3-17

Comment

it makes a good tuner car because everything is so crappy there's always stuff to do to it.

Comment

I've always thought that the Nissan S15 is one of the best looking coupes ever, shame they're all rhd.
                    My Feedback

Comment

I just had to change the shop bathroom light bulb for the first time in 9.5yr. When moving in here in '11, box 4 of those curly fluorescent bulbs were popular and LED was expensive . That bulb just burned out yesterday, and there's 3 more in the package, so guessing the bathroom light is covered for another 30yr? lol
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:
                      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Lifetime supply!

To those who are still working from home, what are some random things you have added to your daily routine?

For me I dont get to exercise at work anymore and being home has made me much lazier. A small change I made is I use the upstairs bathroom now and when I do that, I will go up and down the stairs 5x just to get my hear pumping. I did 20 "flights" of stairs yesterday which is still only half of what I did at work, and not continuous but its something!...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ugh this rebuild is taking forever on my m20 because I keep getting broken parts!

BMW sent me an oil pan gasket that was folded over and pressed down, so it was ripped... I bought that gasket in June and now BMW wont take it back even tho it was broken out of the box

THEN, I was doing my rings.. When I got to my last piston, I opened last box and the compression ring was snapped in half...

DAMMIT!
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I hate that... Ive been hoping to get this 2ZZ and C60 mated together for a few weeks now, but its one small thing after another and everything I needed wasnt available locally. Fidanza Flywheel coming from Florida, then I found that the automatic and manual flywheel bolts were different lengths so I went to the dealer hoping to get them quickly, but nope... while waiting I found that Toyota spaced the oil pump quite high and a good solution is to space it down. Well, Ishihara sells a spacer kit... and also a sexy crank scraper. Another week goes by. Fingers crossed I will have everything I need to assemble then motor and trans together and get the extra hands to help me install it this weekend!
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Still working at home. Earlier in the covid pandemic, I would take a walk with my baby girl(she's 16 months now) during my lunch break at 4pm. But now it's close to 100 degrees if not more and so I haven't been able to take her out till yesterday. It was only 94 with a heat index of 99... We went on a quick 15 min walk. She rides in her pink Mini S and I push her around.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd
                              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                I hate that... Ive been hoping to get this 2ZZ and C60 mated together for a few weeks now, but its one small thing after another and everything I needed wasnt available locally. Fidanza Flywheel coming from Florida, then I found that the automatic and manual flywheel bolts were different lengths so I went to the dealer hoping to get them quickly, but nope... while waiting I found that Toyota spaced the oil pump quite high and a good solution is to space it down. Well, Ishihara sells a spacer kit... and also a sexy crank scraper. Another week goes by. Fingers crossed I will have everything I need to assemble then motor and trans together and get the extra hands to help me install it this weekend!
                                I'm just asking myself at this point, "Has it ever gone any other way?"

hasn't lol

to add on to the delays, a Uhaul just took out a power line causing a blackout on the block.. My car was up in the air for a couple hours waiting for power to return lol

DAMMIT!

Are you rebuilding the block and head too?

Comment

Working...
                                X