Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

So is it just because other dont like it that you like it or is it you like the more room it provides?
    It's purely for the better acoustics when I sing Klingon operas in heavy traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

it's purely for the better acoustics when i sing klingon operas in heavy traffic.
      hahaha
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Having a hatchback is very useful so it’s either a VW Golf (which I’m also considering) or an E46 Wagon... though I did find anE34 Wagon. However being in Jacksonville FL and having 300k+ miles make it a bit of a reach... never mind that whole smog thing I mentioned earlier
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Was just at the ol’ home depot and laughed while i put just as many boards of similar length on my outback’s roof.
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

And they didnt even have the courtesy to put a red flag on the end of those boards...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

They spent the entire time I was in the store and loading my rack just trying to figure out how to secure them. I am willing to bet one of them ended up laying in the back holding them down
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I think Im going to get a E46 wagon... tempted by an E34 also, but the post 2000 smog is so sweet here in CA that it will be tough to get me back into a 90s car. Shame
                Buddy has one for sale on BaT right now. Manual, AWD even. Clean in person.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Seen that one. Dont need the AWD though... and dont want to pay BaT prices, but its a nice one
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

honest question. Why do so many people love station wagons?
                    Because they're usually sleeper status.
                    Also, something that shouldn't be fast, but is, is universally cool in the realm of petrolheads. As I get older, I see all that interior room for stuff-n-things.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

It's purely for the better acoustics when I sing Klingon operas in heavy traffic.
                      Qapla'
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

Because they're usually sleeper status.
                        Also, something that shouldn't be fast, but is, is universally cool in the realm of petrolheads. As I get older, I see all that interior room for stuff-n-things.
                        That's a good point. I do like me some sleepers.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

I never understood why people load vehicle that way. If they stacked the boards to one side neatly, the tie together in a nice bundle and are easy to secure to a side hook in th ebed. And yes, always red/orange flag!

I was a contractor for many years, so always get a chuckle at "Mr. Happyhomeowner" at the hardware/lumber stores/yards.

Dude backs into the parking spot, trying to look cool in his pickup - come out to see him scratching his head with a load of drywall on his cart....derp.

Countless pieces of drywall/plywood on minivans tied with....twine!!!

Bumpers dragging on the Civi-rolla with a trunk full of bagged goods.

4x4 sheets of plywood don't fit on the back seat of a Civi-rolla!

john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

honest question. Why do so many people love station wagons? Not sure if my impression of them(80s) is of a huge car that is slow and handles like a couch is part of it or that a car like that doesn't seem to fit what I want?
                            Many probably have a bond with them after being conceived at the drive in movies in one.
                            The new ones are as sporty as anything out there and many times better looking than their coupe couterparts imo.

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post

Many probably have a bond with them after being conceived at the drive in movies in one.
                              The new ones are as sporty as anything out there and many times better looking than their coupe couterparts imo.
                              That's true they aren't the Griswald's wagon lol
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                I never understood why people load vehicle that way. If they stacked the boards to one side neatly, the tie together in a nice bundle and are easy to secure to a side hook in th ebed. And yes, always red/orange flag!

I was a contractor for many years, so always get a chuckle at "Mr. Happyhomeowner" at the hardware/lumber stores/yards.

Dude backs into the parking spot, trying to look cool in his pickup - come out to see him scratching his head with a load of drywall on his cart....derp.

Countless pieces of drywall/plywood on minivans tied with....twine!!!

Bumpers dragging on the Civi-rolla with a trunk full of bagged goods.

4x4 sheets of plywood don't fit on the back seat of a Civi-rolla!
                                I love it.
                                Just rent a damn trailer for $19.95

I worked at BestBuy (Geek Squad) for about two years.
                                Seeing people try to load up 80" TV's in their compact crossover was always entertaining.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X