Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

way to many results with just that. Do you have a youtube channel name?
    I do not, but here is the YouTube link to the show

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMYh9az_j0&t=1696s
      Awesome thanks!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

so last week I parked the e30 in the front so that the guys coming to finish up the remodel on the kitchen could use the back driveway...Woke up to a knock on the door... Was the Uber driver that had hit my e30...OOF

it isn't that bad, front driver side fender dented in, hood barely pushed in. Plastic grill was sticking in his bumper. headlight is pushed down a bit. I haven't looked at the frame or core support yet to see if there is any damage there. I do know the fender got pushed into the door so that when you open the door the door hits the fender.

Last week took it to a shop. The guy that hit me owned up to it and so I'm going through his insurance. Many people told me that they will deem it a total loss. Sure enough they did due to lack of available parts. They can't get them new.

I asked what they valued the car at and they said $6800...WOW. Not sure if they will give all of that to me or not. Never dealt with this kind of thing before.

So I may buy it back, depending on how much they want for it. Then I can fix it, with a donor fender and grill and then try and sell it with a salvage title or just let them keep it...dunno at this point. But it's not looking like I'll be getting another.

Oh and I might have cried a little when they said it was totaled...

Probably going to put the money toward a newer truck and sell my 2000 z71...Kind of want to get a Caprice PPV lol

Now I'm waiting for the other people from the insurance company to get a hold of me to see what happens now...
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd

Comment

Well, that sucks...but most of the stuff they would likely need is available new, just maybe not through their typical parts vendors. Remember, in insurance claims the first number should typically be considered low ball baloney (unless it totally works for you). Negotiate, provide examples, get your insurer to help, or as a last resort, hire a public adjuster/appraiser. Basically, get a much as possible if it's going to be "totaled," or make those bums repair it.

Comment

I'd be happy with 6800 if that is what I would actually get. But who knows what they will be willing to actually write the check for.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Start sending them comps that show the car is worth over $10k and fight to have the title kept clean. Never accept their first offer...

sucks...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That's terrible.

But yeah, what he said. They always lowball, get comps together from Bring A Trailer, and lots of other sources.

You shouldn't settle for a small number, E30s are worth a bit nowadays.
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

They'll write the check for whatever they submit as the offer. If they offered $6800 that's what you'll get with them keeping the car.

As everyone said before, the first offer is usually an insulting lowball. These are now collector's cars, so they can't just go by KBB or NADA. Likewise, providing some random 30 year old car at a dealership somewhere probably isn't a realistic comparable car. BaT provides a history of similar cars that have sold at auction recently (fare market value), you can use this info to your advantage.

Remember, they hit you. It's their responsibility to either repair the car to the pre-accident condition, or provide you with enough cash to replace your car with a similar e30.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

maybe show them the Hagerty price guides too...

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Just going to echo what was said above.

I deal with insurance shit all the time.... it's very tiresome, but I've learned that its a "you vs them" bartering game and the adjusters goal is to payout as little as possible, while you're trying to get the most.

at the end of the day, if you do you research and find genuine fair price from the current value, you're not going to come out short, because they know what the car is worth. If push came to shove, they know they'd lose any kind of litigation if they stood firmly behind, in your case, 6.8k.

Even any recent repairs within the last year are also to be taken into consideration during payout.

If you have a 15k value car and you did, lets say 3k of maintenance that year, you should get 18k
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

TeXJ Any updates?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

2mAn Yeah, they made me an offer I thought was fair. And I'm going to keep the car, fix it, and then sell it. It still has a clean title. I'm thinking just a fender and grill and it should be good to go. I'll know more once I get in there. I check the frame from underneath and it looks fine, no issues seen from the bottom.

Gonna sell the e30 and the 2000 Z71 and then get a newer truck, ~2014(truck can be used more and I can take the family in it) Will miss my e30 a lot :(
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMYh9az_j0&t=1696s
                            I saw you featured in a Daily Sun article, looks like you’re getting some good publicity.

I didn’t mean to step on any toes with my suggestions of a van or trailer, I know I’m a noob on here, was just excited to see somebody else from Flag. Anyways good luck with the business!

Comment

Originally posted by Camper Van Someren View Post

I saw you featured in a Daily Sun article, looks like you’re getting some good publicity.

I didn’t mean to step on any toes with my suggestions of a van or trailer, I know I’m a noob on here, was just excited to see somebody else from Flag. Anyways good luck with the business!
                              Ah, I had no idea you were from Flag as well! We need to meet up. Thanks for checking out the article. You'll also start seeing the truck displayed at select businesses around town (Peace Surplus, REI, Findlay Toyota).

No offense taken, it's a good idea! Though I am the type of person who must master, or at least get pretty damn good, at one thing before expanding out further and further. So I want to have this initial idea down pat before I add in new ideas.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Everyone have a good holiday? The family pitched in and got me my dream laptop. I typically go through them 1-2x a year due to the shop and tuning environment - so they got me a Toughbook 31! woop woop.

I had just replaced the MB in the Vios and was tuning a vert. Sure enough it started to sprinkle and shorted the back light, replaced it yet again with another Vios and that screen cracked in short order, just from being in the laptop bag and got bumped. The Panasonic is water proof, shock proof, and even has a touch screen - that is a little lazy since the glass is so thick, but works well with the stylus. It can only take 8g of RAM and the ssdd is small-ish at 130g, but the drive is easily swapped out on a side door. Probably will get another drive and have dual work/personal setups. iCore5 with 2.5ghtz, which is lightning fast compared to the older TB's.
                                Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 12-28-2020, 10:34 AM.
                                john@m20guru.com
                                Links:
                                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                                X