Aww, I'm touched <3

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      So... since this annoying spammer hits up 6+ WTB ads every night causing me a bunch of work each morning, can you R3V detectives send some spam his way since he has shared a phone number in addition to his email?
      This guy got my oring tool thread as well lol, didn't message him anyway
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Anyone ever owned an Italian car? share your experience
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          let me get them banning powers

First person I would ban is varg

just to let y'all know no one is safe. Not even the 9 active members
          hahahaha
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I hear pasta pours out of the air vents if you slam on the breaks too much... Now that I think about it, that's not a bad thing.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Didn't own, but drove a 74 Alfa Romeo for a summer.

Can I be totally honest?

I loved it. It was fantastic.
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Yes. I did not attempt to get it running, and the engine made a very nice coffee table for a friend.

Comment

Call this some nonsense!

Had an idea of this sort stewing in my mind for a couple of years and after a couple good conversations 20 days ago I decided to put something into action.

Here it is.

Introducing: Overland Flagstaff - The premiere turn-key Overland rental company, propelled by the legendary Toyota Tacoma, located in the beautiful landscape that is Northern Arizona. Explore the lightly treaded areas of the Southwest behind the wheel of a fully equipped Overland rig.

OVFLG at Broken Arrow by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Currently offer 1 truck, but I am in the process of acquiring and outfitting a second Tacoma.

Let me know what you guys think about the site. Feedback of all types is appreciated.

Comment

That seems like a great idea for an "arrive & drive" experience. Website looks great.

Things I would worry about if I was in your shoes (though Im sure you've already vetted these potential problems)
                    -Insurance
                    -Qualifications of the driver to take your lovely Toyota offroading
                    -Insurance
                    -Running Costs vs Potential Profit
                    -Insurance
                    -Did I mention Insurance?

Im sure this will take off because this seems to be a popular thing to do nowadays, and with Covid restricting the type of vacations available, these solo excursions are likely to be a hot commodity
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^ I could see some dingus grossly exceeding their talent and causing a headache, so insurance yes, but I imagine the market is ripe for this.

Paypal has changed a lot since I last used it...
                      It's no longer friends & family vs goods & services, it's like "buyer protection" or "none." So I guess you don't get your account disabled now for buying stuff without the protection.

Ironically, the buyer protection option is "free", and the "none" option costs $7
                      ...and their currency conversion fee is a full percent higher than a credit card.

wack.

Comment

oh and they go out of their way to let you specify how much the receiver should receive, but then (I assume) stealthily take their cut out of that dollar figure and render that option useless.
                        Last edited by Northern; 11-19-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

That seems like a great idea for an "arrive & drive" experience. Website looks great.

Things I would worry about if I was in your shoes (though Im sure you've already vetted these potential problems)
                          -Insurance
                          -Qualifications of the driver to take your lovely Toyota offroading
                          -Insurance
                          -Running Costs vs Potential Profit
                          -Insurance
                          -Did I mention Insurance?

Im sure this will take off because this seems to be a popular thing to do nowadays, and with Covid restricting the type of vacations available, these solo excursions are likely to be a hot commodity
                          Insurance was a tricky matter, and is by far my largest cost with getting this started (apart from the cost of the truck itself), but the contract feels secure (two separate law firms had input) and requires the driver(s) to provide proof of full coverage insurance as the primary protection.

My preliminary running costs analysis yields positive results. I 'built' the business in excel to see where this needed to be to make sense. However, as time goes by I will update that value (dollar per mile basically) to get a more accurate maintenance cost.

Thank you for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                            Call this some nonsense!

Had an idea of this sort stewing in my mind for a couple of years and after a couple good conversations 20 days ago I decided to put something into action.

Here it is.

Introducing: Overland Flagstaff - The premiere turn-key Overland rental company, propelled by the legendary Toyota Tacoma, located in the beautiful landscape that is Northern Arizona. Explore the lightly treaded areas of the Southwest behind the wheel of a fully equipped Overland rig.

OVFLG at Broken Arrow by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Currently offer 1 truck, but I am in the process of acquiring and outfitting a second Tacoma.

Let me know what you guys think about the site. Feedback of all types is appreciated.
                            Are they pre planned routes? What is your plan incase they take the car and get stuck. A few years ago a college "friend" of mine asked me to go up a trail and we got stuck in Arizona outside of Prescott. Quite the story, against all of my recommendations he kept going as the sun went down instead of turning back and smashed the oil pan of a 2003 acura RDX on a rock. It was a very cold January night to say the least.

Great Idea but I would be afraid people would get in over there heads if they just get to choose a trail and go.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

Are they pre planned routes? What is your plan incase they take the car and get stuck. A few years ago a college "friend" of mine asked me to go up a trail and we got stuck in Arizona outside of Prescott. Quite the story, against all of my recommendations he kept going as the sun went down instead of turning back and smashed the oil pan of a 2003 acura RDX on a rock. It was a very cold January night to say the least.

Great Idea but I would be afraid people would get in over there heads if they just get to choose a trail and go.
                              I am making a page on my site that has easy to get to single and double night destinations. This will give a lot of people great places to travel that don't have those risks.

If someone gets in over their heads its on them. Contract states that it is $100 dollar fee plus $1 per mile to travel to and return the vehicle to base.

Each truck has a binder that has all sorts of helpful 'hints' to attempt to keep people out of these situations.

I too would have done some dumb things when I was younger, but I never had ~$800 to spare to rent a vehicle for a few days to bash around in.

To be totally honest, I would be pretty surprised if someone drove it harder than I do. I'm pretty brutal on this thing. Although time will certainly tell.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

I like the ideal of overland renting. Might even be in the position to book a trip next year if you're still going strong.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X