No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there's much beyond 225 width in a 15 unless you get into like R888's and the like only. Charlie is running 245/40R15 in whatever the sticky Nankang offering is, and I think there are a few options but not like 225. It's also 5% undersize if that matters to you.

Edit: I also don't know how the math works out between a standard diameter 225/50R15 and a wider but 5% undersize 245/40R15.
    Can't be far off, and the undersize is probably nicer for a NA car, but I don't think the contact patch is larger on the 245
    Last edited by Northern; 11-09-2020, 04:57 PM.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Prepare for another jump in e30 prices... MightyCarMods just started an E30 project series.

https://youtu.be/tX7SOY1Myuw

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        Prepare for another jump in e30 prices... MightyCarMods just started an E30 project series.

https://youtu.be/tX7SOY1Myuw
        Yep. Just posted in the thread on this. At least they won't mention how rare or 1 of xxx anything is, so it'll be better than looking at BaT.

Comment

Suckers. I own a rare 1 of 1 e30. It's the only lachssilber e30 Reichart12 has ever owned... so 1 of 1 = very rare. Worth billions of McDonald's fries.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
            Suckers. I own a rare 1 of 1 e30. It's the only lachssilber e30 Reichart12 has ever owned... so 1 of 1 = very rare. Worth billions of McDonald's fries.
            You just stumbled on to how to make your fortune, coat cars with the same stuff in McD fries, since we know they don't really degrade over time.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

You just stumbled on to how to make your fortune, coat cars with the same stuff in McD fries, since we know they don't really degrade over time.
              Oh man, if only I could. I'm not even sure if Rustoleum or Por-15 could save my vehicles from turning into earth dust again.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

they used to fill car's with oil and it dripped out the seams apparently. It was like a service in the 70's on the east coast.
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

We run 225 45 15 BFG Rival on the race cars. The Kids car is 2670 with me in it and 45min of fuel missing (-30lb from Spec) and they are sticky enough to match Spec E30 lap times at Sebring, and 205 50 15 Toyo RR's are the Spec-legal tire. The #13 hasn't been weighed yet, but has a stock motor and same tire, it was about 2 sec off the Kids car this weekend.

We have been through the DZII, Azenis, Maxxis etc, by far the stickiest has been the BFG's, and they seem to last just as long as the others (Maxxis were sticky, but wore like it). We were going to go to a 245 40, but the rules state we have to take points for fender flares, and the tire must be covered from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock - 225's fit neatly under pulled quarters.

BTW, the Kids car got punted this weekend - spun us out and backed into a wall at ~110mph...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHTG0Uihvnu/

Driver is good and we are taking the car to my buddies frame machine (hopefully after work today if the wind isn't too bad). Rough weekend, and then came home to tropical storm conditions. :/
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Wow John they really did a number on that car!...
                    Simon
                    Current Car:
                    -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
                    -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      We run 225 45 15 BFG Rival on the race cars. The Kids car is 2670 with me in it and 45min of fuel missing (-30lb from Spec) and they are sticky enough to match Spec E30 lap times at Sebring, and 205 50 15 Toyo RR's are the Spec-legal tire. The #13 hasn't been weighed yet, but has a stock motor and same tire, it was about 2 sec off the Kids car this weekend.

We have been through the DZII, Azenis, Maxxis etc, by far the stickiest has been the BFG's, and they seem to last just as long as the others (Maxxis were sticky, but wore like it). We were going to go to a 245 40, but the rules state we have to take points for fender flares, and the tire must be covered from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock - 225's fit neatly under pulled quarters.

BTW, the Kids car got punted this weekend - spun us out and backed into a wall at ~110mph...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHTG0Uihvnu/

Driver is good and we are taking the car to my buddies frame machine (hopefully after work today if the wind isn't too bad). Rough weekend, and then came home to tropical storm conditions. :/
                      I saw on the Instagram. Glad everyone is ok!
                      I do things.

Comment

Damn that's rough. Glad to hear it will be back in action though

Comment

So... since this annoying spammer hits up 6+ WTB ads every night causing me a bunch of work each morning, can you R3V detectives send some spam his way since he has shared a phone number in addition to his email?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	9959857
                          Simon
                          Current Car:

Comment

It's a TextNow number, so the best we can do is autodial it forever, but the scumbag will just switch numbers.

I think our time would be better spent PMing James so we can have a regularly active mod who can ban scammers. Or maybe no one cares and r3v is dead.

Comment

James is quite busy, I had his attention for a minute and thought I was going to get Ban-powers, but the lines gone quiet again. I will message him again.
                              Simon
                              Current Car:

Comment

let me get them banning powers

First person I would ban is varg

just to let y'all know no one is safe. Not even the 9 active members
                                Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                                Q
                                :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
                                X