Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digitalcox View Post
    Pretty cool to see some other off-road enthusiasts on this site

This is more of a long term project that I got from my grandfather after he passed away. It runs and drives so its fun to go on light back-country trails to camp.
    Love the old Willies but I have to ask just how much "back country" do you have in MD.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Lol, yes, the older jeeps are a bit scary to drive. Does the CJ5 have manual steering like the older models? Saginaw power steering conversion is a pretty common upgrade for the older CJs.

My 3B has the earlier Go Devil engine from the CJ2 for some reason, I was expecting a 60hp (well, not even since it's worn out) engine to feel underpowered but it doesn't. Tops out at all of 45mph though. Could use a little more power for 3rd gear.

Comment

[QUOTE=diegom6;4373254]Not mine, but I sold to my customer this HEMI 6.1L that came out of a wrecked Jeep SRT8. He bought brand new the JK from us and said, install the engine and once is done, let me know to pick it up. He never drove it until it was with the V8.

Project done when it was N.A.

I spy a bimmer in the back...

Drop in Mahle forged pistons

Then we added some F.I ;D Replaced the fuel line with 3 times bigger and is fed with twin in tank fuel pumps. You can see the braided fuel line there...

Some suspension/brakes upgrades, nothing crazy.

that's awesome what trans is in there, would like to do that to mine one day,
        88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Willy's is technically the grandfather of jeeps right?

This is what the Land Rover/Land Cruisers are missing.

Browning. Freedom. Merica'.

Willys CJ-2A w/ Studebaker flat 6 & Browning - $4000

Not mine, but damn, that's an awesome scout vehicle for zombies/apocalypse.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

^

fairy sure there are LC/LR all over the 3rd world with guns sticking out of or mounted on. Just google ISIS look for images..... I bet there is even a Hilux and Isuzu or 2 in the mix as well lol But your right more than likely not a Browning M2, but a Russian KPV or KPVT
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-20-2015, 10:21 AM.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

My GF has owned a 2002 Grand Cherokee V8 for ~10years, has 185k on it and just lost all compression on Cyl 6. She's sad...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                ^

fairy sure there are LC/LR all over the 3rd world with guns sticking out of or mounted on. Just google ISIS look for images..... I bet there is even a Hilux and Isuzu or 2 in the mix as well lol But your right more than likely not a Browning M2, but a Russian KPV or KPVT

Oh, I know, I just was poking fun at the threads on r3v. We're talkin 'bout merica'.

This is only a few hours south of me. Think the cannon is included for the price or nah? :P
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

at the bottom of the add it says 6500 for both, that said its prolly a working replica, as iirc a semi auto actual browning serial number for that price your buying the firearm and getting a carrying system tossed in the deal for free..

William Pitt-

Comment

Recent pics of the my Wife's old Cherokee Sport from Post #1 i this thread...we sold it to my sister's (now ex-)boyfriend but they still keep in touch. He did a pretty good resto on it, welded the floors, new trans, freshened the motor iirc:

-03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

my haggard daily that has ever so trustingly has made it through 4+ years of ownership.

_MG_7332 by alec.ruonavaara, on Flickr

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

I don't know what it is about those Cherokee's but I want one so bad lol

Preparing the jeep for a 1800mi round trip to montana at the end of june. Gonna be packed full with a kayak on the roof, should be interesting utilizing storage
                        Needs re geared, currently running stock 3.07 gears. And is a dog on the highway. So I'm thinking 4.10s will bring it back up too stock power delivery, at the same time I'd like to throw in an aussie locker up front.
                        Think I've finally decided on a smittybilt roof rack too

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                        It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Where in Montana are you going

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Where in Montana are you going
                            Bitterroot valley, my grandpa lives in Stevensville. I haven't been in 10 years lol this trip is long overdue

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                            It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

I saw a Black JK Unlimited on 35's the other day with the top down and doors off.... I want one now lol.
                              Instagram
                              sigpic
                              Current: 99 M3
                              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by emerson. View Post
                                Bitterroot valley, my grandpa lives in Stevensville. I haven't been in 10 years lol this trip is long overdue
                                great country down there , I am about 4 hours dead north straight up 93

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X