No announcement yet.

The current cost of RWD cars... WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an 87 RX-7 Turbo with a blown motor for $150 about 8 years ago. It's been sitting in a barn ever since. I should probably do something with it lol...
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      This thread = poverty.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I dunno what that's even supposed to mean. Because I don't feel like spending $4k on a 25 year old car I'm poor? Remember, this is for a drift car, I don't wanna be super sad if/when I put something into a wall

Comment

Then buy a piece of shit cause it will go into a wall. Stop being so damn picky, if your not willing to put time and effort into owning an enthusiasts car get a frs or brz cause u seem to want different things. U want cheap, reliable, good condition, and driftable. Some things don't belong together in a statement without getting ur hands dirty.

Comment

This is for a drift car? Buy the first $500 pos you see, because you're going to tear everything out of it anyway. Why is this even a discussion at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
              You will be drastically underwhelmed with a 350Z. I sold mine after 3 months.

Even the 370Z isn't a very good bargain for the performance level.
              350z is THE car to have in STU. I just got waxed by one driven by a GT academy dude last event.

Comment

Cars in general are more expensive you can thank cash for clunkers and inflation if I look at my local craigslist for cars under 1,000 99% I wouldn't trust to go 50 miles

And yes the e30 gods are punishing you, you are not the first person to swap a 5.0 and have it be a nightmare I think it is one of the worst swaps for an e30. I hate 302's and pre LS SBC they are 1960's junk that are boat anchors and don't belong anywhere near a e30
                1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
                  Cars in general are more expensive you can thank cash for clunkers
                  I really wanted to mention this in my first post, but I knew that would probably turn the thread into a Thanks, Obama firestorm. I have a feeling that MANY e36s (as well as other cool cars) fell victim to cash for clunkers

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                    350z is THE car to have in STU. I just got waxed by one driven by a GT academy dude last event.
                    Are the boost buggies not in STU anymore?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                      I really wanted to mention this in my first post, but I knew that would probably turn the thread into a Thanks, Obama firestorm. I have a feeling that MANY e36s (as well as other cool cars) fell victim to cash for clunkers
                      You are correct, (PDF of all the trade ins-->)http://tinyurl.com/y86ksgh. Although I think the 7 series was the most frequently traded BMW. I still want to meet the smart asses who traded the '91 318i and 318is...

Despite the numerous trade ins I feel that the program probably has almost no real impact on current used RWD car prices. After all, I've seen almost as many E30s in junk yards near me in the last 3 years as were traded in those two or so months.

But that was before Jalopnik made E30s all popular. Clearly, we need to make some POS the next hipster mobile, something along the lines of PT Cruisers, new Thunderbirds, HHRs, SSRs or any other newish retro garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                        You are correct, (PDF of all the trade ins-->)http://tinyurl.com/y86ksgh. Although I think the 7 series was the most frequently traded BMW. I still want to meet the smart asses who traded the '91 318i and 318is...
                        As well as a 91 M3, and a 91 M5. I hope they don't find out what the car was really worth...

Actually, no, I do. Assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          I'm with you. Given what people are willing to pay for those cars now, even in terrible shape, I hope they can't stop seeing ebay and S14 listings in their sleep :fishslap:

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                            As well as a 91 M3, and a 91 M5. I hope they don't find out what the car was really worth...

And the 325iX's... And the possibiltiy of a 1995 540i/6 being scrapped... No please.
                            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mechnic View Post
                              I bought my ix for 900 the i for 600. A 94 325is for 1200 with 2 extra sets of rims. An e46 for 1500. And a 98 325i for 900 all in the past 3 years.
                              Fuck you

Comment

Working...
                              X