Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Bu.bu.bu.b.b.b.b.b.bbbbuuut it looks cool. Pistol grip = +10 StreetCred, plus it helps when you turn it sideways.
    You will never believe what I saw at a 4-H event when I was about 13. (early 90's)

It was a deal for us rural kids to introduce some intercity and suburbanite kids to where their food comes from and what we do for fun and the like.

Well there was farm, nature, presentations and what not. Well the big thing was to introduce them to our hobbies IE archery, fishing, shooting sports, hunting, hiking, ATV, and all the other stuff they dont get exposed in the urban environment that we all do every day.

Well there was this black girl form Detroit that was not having any part of any of till her group got to the shooting presentation. Well that consisted mainly of shooting trap (as that was where we were on the trap range) I was helping to run the archery thing right next to them. Well this black girl walk up to take her turn trying to hit a clay. Not waiting for some one to help her like they were supposed to!!!!!

She proceeds to slam the beak action single shot closed, throws the stock up over her shoulder, cocks it, and yanks on the trigger before anyone can get to her (she did all that in about 5 seconds,remember she has been watching how to do this and is about the 30th kid in that group to go)

well the back of the receiver and the hammer catches her in the bridge of the nose. Smashed her glasses and dropped the 20ga. She said thats how her brother does it, he always turns it on its side he says you hit stuff better, through the tears and the blood. Some of us held back the laughter and got her all cleaned up and set off to the side till we saw the video tape of the guy that just happened to be filming at just the right time.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I always think proper gun safety, then I think of this video, guy who let her shoot it must be a real asshole...

Comment

new picture as of about an hour ago...

------------------------------------------------

Firefighter/EMT, Paramedic class of 2010. Yeah, i save Lives.

Comment

Just cleaned my 870 and 2 Citoris, gonna do the AR and .22 tomorrow. New optics for the .22 so I gotta go plinking again, and still saving (and failing) for my Glock

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Bought my first gun last night.

Hi-Point C9. After a few weeks of research, I found that owners of these guns love them, as they generally perform flawlessly. Gun snobs generally hate them, because they are "cheap", big, and heavy. I took my chances. It was $160 at a local gun shop, with a lifetime warranty.

I bought it to learn on (I've shot maybe 2 guns in my life, I know NOTHING about them). A good friend of mine is into long range competitions and reloading and all that, so he's been showing me my way around guns. My main use will be just practice/target shooting at the local range for fun, and a backup home defense gun (I am purchasing a 12 gauge shotgun off of him for my primary home defense).

I look forward to reading 132 pages of gun stuff in this thread :)
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I love my 870 express mag! And it is warm out now so I can go shoot my .22 and not freeze my fingers blue.

I gotta get a hand gun now, I am leaning at a glock since I want to go into the police force.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

What's the cheapest I could get a ruger 10/22 for I shot one the other day and loved it. You can't beat 550 rounds for $15.00
                I've got other hobbies that are more inportant to me. so I'm not spending much money.

Comment

Prolly around $230-250? I don't remember exactly what I paid for mine... It's the 10/22 carbine, black stock w/ gray barrel. What type of ammo are you getting 550 rounds for $15?

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                    Prolly around $230-250? I don't remember exactly what I paid for mine... It's the 10/22 carbine, black stock w/ gray barrel. What type of ammo are you getting 550 rounds for $15?
                    It was at wallmart it was a green box I think it was Winchester or Remington I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                      It was at wallmart it was a green box I think it was Winchester or Remington I don't know.
                      I'd suggest the Ruger. I know the .22 is probably hard to screw up, but Ruger seems to be the leader when it comes to 10/22 and I can't deny that I'm happy with my purchase. There also seems to be a pretty thorough aftermarket for them.

Comment

sounds like rem thunder bolts, they are just for plinking, If you want shoot for competition out closer to 100yds get the CCI's I turn clay pigeons into dust (break all the little pieces up by hitting them too) with my 22 (rem model 581 Bolt action) and the CCI's the thuderbolts are just for massive fun.
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          sounds like rem thunder bolts, they are just for plinking, If you want shoot for competition out closer to 100yds get the CCI's I turn clay pigeons into dust (break all the little pieces up by hitting them too) with my 22 (rem model 581 Bolt action) and the CCI's the thuderbolts are just for massive fun.
                          I'm getting an old ass .22 that was my great grandpas back in the day, all I know is that it's a bolt action. Reload every shot type. It hasn't been shot in over 30 years, but I'm told the bolt action is smooth. Should I just take it apart my self and clean it or should I have a pro do it?

Comment

Post pics maybe? So we can see the condition.

I'd suggest DIY... Familiarize yourself with the gun, even if it's gonna be a minor hobby, it's still good to know how everything works so you can possibly diagnose / fix it later.

If it's bad, maybe have a gun smith freshen it up and then go over it yourself.

Comment

+1 on DIY cleaning. Its pretty hard to screw up a bolt action. Plus if you really do get stuck somewhere then you could call a gunsmith and they might be able to trouble shoot from there. If you have to take it in its not like its going to be too expensive unless there is some major part being replaced, in which case you would have to have it replaced anyways to shoot right?
                              <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                              unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

I'm getting an old ass .22 that was my great grandpas back in the day, all I know is that it's a bolt action. Reload every shot type. It hasn't been shot in over 30 years, but I'm told the bolt action is smooth. Should I just take it apart my self and clean it or should I have a pro do it?
                                This dose not happen to be a springfield thats a dead copy of the 1903 is it?

Need PICS NOA

Yes a good cleaning to get all the shit outta it. If you have a reasonably bright and shiny bore and not much pitting then by all means have it.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X