Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    My license showed up yesterday, now I just need to narrow in on what I want to buy. Definitely picking up a pistol, sig 226 .22lr with 9mm conversion. I'll likely get a rifle within the year but I haven't decided if I want to go bolt-action or semi-auto. AR's are restricted here so I can only bring it to the range, and I want something I can take into the bush. Two that stand out currently are XCR-L and the SL8. Input?
    are you restricted to only one rifle? and you currently have none?

down here we're somewhat envious of the deals you guys can get on Russian SKS's. a fun rifle for informal shooting. it would go well with sleeves' suggestions for a serious rifle.

GL

Comment

I bought an AR-15 at the end of last year, and still haven't shot it.

I suck.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

^why?
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          ^why?

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
            I bought an AR-15 at the end of last year, and still haven't shot it.

I suck.
            Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
            ^why?
            Common man, I think I blew through 500 rounds within 3 days of purchasing my Colt.

Granted, it's been sitting for a while because I was visiting the range waaayyyy too often. Still, you need to break it in!
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
              LOL
              O.o did I miss something? :D

So I might be skimming the thread and not reading everything... :(
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have not shot my LMT in almost 2 years, and I just shot my bear deterrent for the 1st time in a very long time this weekend. Fucking Hornady hot loads the shit out of them from the factory, for a 200gr. had a case fracture in 1/2 all the way around.

Ammo is just hard to replace in any sizable quantity and I am never home to when I can get to my shooting spots up in the hills....
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Speaking of shooting spots, you wouldn't happen to know where one could shoot in the Red Lodge area? We'll be there mid August visiting family and would like to shoot some shit.I don't know how the rules work out there.

Comment

take 212 out in the Gallatin National Forest/Beartooth Wilderness you should be able to find something suitable with out too much roaming around. I think red lodge is prolly about 10-20 miles form the eastern boarders of that NFS area should be able to find plenty of logging and fire F/S roads that will lead you someplace decent you family should know some good spots
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      take 212 out in the Gallatin National Forest/Beartooth Wilderness you should be able to find something suitable with out too much roaming around. I think red lodge is prolly about 10-20 miles form the eastern boarders of that NFS area should be able to find plenty of logging and fire F/S roads that will lead you someplace decent you family should know some good spots
                      They're all from Helena and Butte so they aren't as familiar with the area we're meeting them. My cousin mentioned shooting on national forest land I just didn't know the legalities of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        SL8 wound not be restricted as well???? Are all semi autos centerfire rifles "restricted" or just AR pattern or all the ill contrived media propagandized "assault weapons"

For a turn bolt rifle I would be looking at Sako/Tikka over the Rem 700. Out of the box its a much better rifle IMO both form a quality of components, Fit and Finnish stand point and from a accuracy stand point. The Tikka is a similar price point to the more "refined" factory 700's all though usually a little more money with about 85% of the Sako parts in it. Not to mention you get the very same barrels alloy, heat treatments. and receiver off the sako line. The Sako's in a Syn stock and what not are about 50% to double the price, but your getting a much better rifle than a 700. To make a 700 equal to a out of the box Sako 85 your going to have to pay a smith about the cost of the rifle to true it up and tweek it...

Or there is another option they didnt make them for very long, but if you can find a Sako M995 on the used market slang name is the TRG-S. Its a Sako TRG "Sport" the only real difference form the TRG is the traditional sportsman field type stock and the receiver is open across the top of the action and not a full hood, non adjustable trigger and the safety is the traditional style and location opposed to the push pull style in side the trigger guard forward of the trigger . It retains the TRG 60* bolt throw. and lots of the fine detail, yet no real frills finishing from the TRG line, should be a sub MOA gun out of the box if not Sub 1/2 moa rifle, if it has not been abused. I am still looking for one in 300WM to take over elk hunting duties.

Brush gun = Lever action in my mind
                        By bush, I simply mean I can legally take it anywhere vs. a restricted which I can only use on a range.

Yes AR builds are restricted solely because of the image they put off. It sucks that they are, for the price of an sl8 I'd be looking at an awesome AR, and with the inevitable mods I'd be looking at multiple excellent rifles! Price to play I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          Price to play I guess.
                          That's a nice way of thinking about it, I won't venture to take this thread in a P&R direction. :D

In further news, I've decided to keep my saiga AK and go nuts with it. Thread the barrel, BC compensator, Ultimak rail, Bushnell TRS25 (cheap...I know, but they work well), SGM handguard, Magpul XTM handstop, QD sling attachments, LINCH charging handle, modded safety lever, Duracoat FDE or OD, etc, etc.

Here's a quick before pic, I'll post up once it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                            They're all from Helena and Butte so they aren't as familiar with the area we're meeting them. My cousin mentioned shooting on national forest land I just didn't know the legalities of it.
                            long as there are no signs, not with in a 1/4 mile of a residence or other wise posted blast away

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                              In further news, I've decided to keep my saiga AK and go nuts with it.
                              Atta boy! I'm getting 8 hours for free on July 4th plus time and a half for all hours worked that day, so I'm thinking on that paycheck I'll buy at least a complete lower.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                                Atta boy! I'm getting 8 hours for free on July 4th plus time and a half for all hours worked that day, so I'm thinking on that paycheck I'll buy at least a complete lower.
                                Right on man.

Comment

Working...
                                X