No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought our first pistola. Went with a g19 gen 4. Was torn between it and the xdm. The g7y at the shop really pushed the xdm, like over top and it turned me off to be honest. The glock felt better in my 6, 4" and my wife 4 10" hands. Either way I think we couldnt have gone wrong.

We were looking for a versatile eventual cc and home defense starter gun. Family in law enforcement all recemonded the glock. Also liked the lower barrel position of the glock, although family said going from a glock to any other brand can be an adjustment due to the profile of the glock. I did like how slim the xdm was and the safety on the xdm as well as being able to tell more easily when it is cocked.

My terminology is prob off being a newb to fire arms. Now we need to get a safe and then some ammunition.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 09-27-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

We have 3 sigs around the house, 220's and I am considering a 227, but I am also thinking I might get a FNP 45 in FDE if and when I buy a Tavor in FDE, both to go in the Oh shit bag.

But yeah you cant really go wrong either way. I love SIG and I have a buddy that has 45 FNP that I have gotten to finger bang but not actually shove anything out of the tube with yet...
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I love the fnp, but my wife is becoming more and more interested in carrying the lc9 that I got for her, then subsequently hijacked as my carry piece. I don't like carrying my 4013tsw, and the fnp is just too big.

I will have another, but will go with the newer fnx next time.

Meeting up in the am, can't wait.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
          Just bought our first pistola. Went with a g19 gen 4. Was torn between it and the xdm. The g7y at the shop really pushed the xdm, like over top and it turned me off to be honest. The glock felt better in my 6, 4" and my wife 4 10" hands. Either way I think we couldnt have gone wrong.

We were looking for a versatile eventual cc and home defense starter gun. Family in law enforcement all recemonded the glock. Also liked the lower barrel position of the glock, although family said going from a glock to any other brand can be an adjustment due to the profile of the glock. I did like how slim the xdm was and the safety on the xdm as well as being able to tell more easily when it is cocked.

My terminology is prob off being a newb to fire arms. Now we need to get a safe and then some ammunition.
          Congrats man. Can't really go wrong with any of the big name brands as long as it feels right in your hands. What your family is referring to is the grip angle on the glock is more severe compared to most other pistols. At any rate, welcome to the club of responsible gun owners and make sure you and your wife take some safety classes. A safe and ammo also sound like a really good next step.

Comment

Guy with the Sig canceled on me. I have since decided to send the FNP in for service. I'm going to call them and already have it ready to be mailed Monday.

I really do love this pistol, it is an excellent shooter. My biggest issue is the F2F, as that has killed my confidence in it as a home defense weapon. I have read that the FNX was redesigned with a longer magwell and longer magazines to accommodate for ammunition variations.

When I call them I am going to see if they will just switch it out for an FNX and be done with it.
            No E30 Club
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              Guy with the Sig canceled on me. I have since decided to send the FNP in for service. I'm going to call them and already have it ready to be mailed Monday.

I really do love this pistol, it is an excellent shooter. My biggest issue is the F2F, as that has killed my confidence in it as a home defense weapon. I have read that the FNX was redesigned with a longer magwell and longer magazines to accommodate for ammunition variations.

When I call them I am going to see if they will just switch it out for an FNX and be done with it.
              I can't seem to give away my FNS. Likewise I love it also, maybe I'm just being fickle. Since I already have a Bladetech OWB holster for it maybe I'll just keep it and be happy.

So what issue are you having on the FNP? Based on what you said I'm going to guess a failure to chamber?

Comment

Yea the magazine will completely lock up. You can duplicate it by loading a magazine and unload it by hand. You'll drop a round out and the others will be stuck halfway down the mag.

Its a known issue and from a design flaw. They designed the tolerances too tight.

Also the slide will randomly unlock when a magazine is seated. This isn't really something that bothers me, but it is a defect that I'm addressing on my return.

Honestly though if they can fix the feed issue I'll hold onto it. I just don't like it when I have a recurring malfunction that is as sure to happen as the hammer dropping when the trigger is pulled. It keeps the fnp in the safe when its place is much better suited for the night stand.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Yea the magazine will completely lock up. You can duplicate it by loading a magazine and unload it by hand. You'll drop a round out and the others will be stuck halfway down the mag.

Its a known issue and from a design flaw. They designed the tolerances too tight.

Also the slide will randomly unlock when a magazine is seated. This isn't really something that bothers me, but it is a defect that I'm addressing on my return.

Honestly though if they can fix the feed issue I'll hold onto it. I just don't like it when I have a recurring malfunction that is as sure to happen as the hammer dropping when the trigger is pulled. It keeps the fnp in the safe when its place is much better suited for the night stand.
                  Any way you can "help" the tight clearance? Like a screwdriver? I know it sounds cheesy but sometimes just a small adjustment is needed. Probably best to have FN fix it though...
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                    yet the weight on that thing has got to be around the 25lb mark, loaded. Other than seeing something different, it really has no advantage over a single AR platform rifle.
                    Cyclic rate would be a lot higher, actually close if not double.

Comment

Been wanting one of these for years but they are difficult to find. So when I saw 2 at the shop yesterday I made my move.

Then I stuffed it with some Hornady 125gr critical defense.

Range trip Friday. I'm comfortable with it in the mean time because my dad hasl owned one since I was a kid. I'm already quite familiar with the platform.
                      Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 10-01-2014, 07:05 AM.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

They are a dime a dozen up in these parts. That's probably the only reason I don't own one already. I love them and should own one and I will at some point. You can stuff any load made into the SP without fear. Awesome guns.

Comment

My uncle just picked up a Miltac 6.5 Grendel.

Here is the ballistic video. I can't wait to get out and shoot it.

Comment

Range trip Friday. I'm comfortable with it in the mean time because my dad hasl owned one since I was a kid. I'm already quite familiar with the platform.
                            Eager to hear how it shoots! Does one of those muzzle flip much when shooting full-house mags? I guess what I mean is does it's smaller size make it slower to get back on target?
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                Eager to hear how it shoots! Does one of those muzzle flip much when shooting full-house mags? I guess what I mean is does it's smaller size make it slower to get back on target?
                                I'll post a report tomorrow night with details. Its been a few years since I shot one and I have gained a bit of experience since so I can't say anything with complete confidence. I do remember being more confident with it than the 6" Colt Python if for nothing more than the grips. I also remember it being very accurate for its size. (This was when I was a teenager).

Speaking of Colt Pythons, the one I'm referring to might be added to my safe here next week. That will be one that will be passed down. By far the smoothest firearm I've had the pleasure to handle and operate.

As for the FNP, I read that some people prefer it to the FNX, so I fully disclosed the magazine issue and put it up for consignment for $495. If it doesn't sell in 30 days I'll take it back, ship it off to FNH for repair, and hold onto whatever they send back, assuming I find it reliable then. I'm leaving that one up to fate. If it sells, sweet, if not, sweet.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X