Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Truth. If shit ever went sideways and you had to pull your ccw a hair trigger is the last thing I would want. To much adrenaline for a super light trigger. 5lbs is the lightest I would personally go.

Valid point. And the trigger wasn’t as bad as i remembered it. I put 25 rounds through it and hit my target 15 yards away nearly every time and by the last two magazines I had great grouping just about hit the same hole every time.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      I have a ruger lc380 .380 compact pistol with the stupid think before you shoot trigger. Anyone know of a way to make it more of a hair trigger?
      Buy a Kahr CW380. Best trigger on a pocket pistol that I have ever seen. Long takeup like it should be but smooth action with no crunch or inconsistent weighting.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        Buy a Kahr CW380. Best trigger on a pocket pistol that I have ever seen. Long takeup like it should be but smooth action with no crunch or inconsistent weighting.

The take up was mostly the problem. I didn’t like how far it had to travel for it to finally fire. The glock has a regular trigger just like most pistols. I did get used to the ruger finally. I put about 50 rounds through it and had excellent grouping.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

A pocket pistol with no safety needs long travel. It's like a double action only revolver. The little rugers I've shot over the years have a shit trigger, it's long but also has inconsistent weighting, crunchy feel, etc.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

If you want a pocket pistol with a nice trigger, check out the Sigs. I bought a p238 because I wanted something small to fill the role of the Lc9 I sold, but didn't like shooting 9mm in such small packages. It's a sweet little pistol that is now really the only thing I carry.

If you are set on 9mm, the p239 is the same thing, but in 9mm and a little bigger.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
              It looka good for a concealed carry pistol.

I don't think i have ever shot a glock. They have tons of fans though
              I was never a Glock guy, until I got my G17 on a trade one day. It's got a permanent home, such an awesome gun.
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

The p239 is substantialy bigger than the p238. The p938 is much closer in size to the p238. I have the p938 and it makes for a great CCW just like the p238. Love that you can rack the slide once gun is cocked with the saftey on.

Comment

The p239 is substantialy bigger than the p238. The p938 is much closer in size to the p238. I have the p938 and it makes for a great CCW just like the p238. Love that you can rack the slide once gun is cocked with the saftey on.
                  lol good catch. Yea I meant the p938.

And yes, racking the slide with the safety on makes for easy and safe chamber checking when on the fly. I've got a habit of slightly pulling the slide back now and then just to verify a round is in the pipe.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

My wife has a p238. Its a super nice pistol.

Comment

Rural king is having a special on CZ pistols
                      CZ 75 sp-01 phantom for $563 with a light after rebate. Im not in the market but if any of you guys are I would jump on it.
                      Last edited by naplesE30; 11-30-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                        Haven't shared any new guns in a while, but I did get this 1895GS last month as a wedding present from my wife. She's finally embraced the gun sickness. She's pretty neat.

I already swapped out the OE wood for the gray laminates and made an ammo cuff and Rhodesian style sling for it to help embrace my inner mountain man. I still want to get new sights as the stockers kind of EAD. I also need to set up a reloading bench to help feed this thing. 45/70 is spendy and this thing is fun as hell to shoot which makes for an even more expensive range trip.

How do you like your Marlin so far? Any issues with build quality? Love the ammo cuff and wood you chose.

Comment

^
                          That thing will wollop ya but they are great guns, we have one sitting in the safe as well, bought it for long trips on horseback deep in the back country of the northern Rockies, and it serves that roll very well..... might even start to use it for elk hunts in the thicker timbered areas, alas if I am ever home to go that is....
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

How do you like your Marlin so far? Any issues with build quality? Love the ammo cuff and wood you chose.
                            I was worried based on the horror stories I've read online about the Remlin guns. While I don't have an older Marlin built gun to compare it to, this one is a nice example. I think that they have worked out some of the issues that arose after moving and replacing all the employees that actually knew what they were doing. Finish is nice, dovetails are clean cut, everything is straight, the original wood fit well and the replacement gray laminate slipped on snugly and seated without a gap.

It shoots straight and it blows one hell of a fire ring with the 430gr HSM Bear Loads I ran through it so I couldn't ask for anything more haha. I love the look of the 1895SBL, but I prefer straight grips on a lever action. Fortunately has Marlin produced several straight grip laminate models over the years so I was able to source what I was after. Thanks for the love. I have the patience level of a toddler when it comes to shipping and I like to DIY shit so I made the ammo cuff and sling so I wouldn't have to wait lol.
                            Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by DealinDave@Blunttech.com View Post
                              It shoots straight and it blows one hell of a fire ring with the 430gr HSM Bear Loads I ran through it so I couldn't ask for anything more haha. I love the look of the 1895SBL, but I prefer straight grips on a lever action. Fortunately has Marlin produced several straight grip laminate models over the years so I was able to source what I was after. Thanks for the love. I have the patience level of a toddler when it comes to shipping and I like to DIY shit so I made the ammo cuff and sling so I wouldn't have to wait lol.
                              I like the SBL as well, but man they get a premium for them. However, I prefer the the cleaner look of no rail, and the smaller lever is just more aestheticly pleasing imho. They look like such fun guns to handle and shoot, standing or sitting upright anyway. How may shots is your shoulder (and pocket book) good for on a range trip?

Sleeve, that sounds awesome riding and trekking through the backcountry. Living the dream, at least part of the time anyway.
                              Last edited by naplesE30; 12-13-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

wife snapped this one of me glassing at dusk a couple days before opening day 3 years ago, while recently logged for fules reduction that spot is about 20 miles as the crow flies from "civilization" . The last year I got to even attempt to fill a tag....... Notice the BIG smith on my hip lol......

looking by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X