Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    What holster are you using for it with the tlr6?

I bought a tlr1 for the nightstand guna while back, and although stream lights are a little pricey, they are damn well worth the $$. Good choice.
    Ended up going with an NT Hybrid holster at the recommendation of a coworker. If I don't like it, I'll probably pick up a Tulster holster as they seem pretty highly recommended.

This is also my nighstand gun, figured it would be a good idea to have a light source should I ever actually need it at night... :)

Attached Files
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Nice choice! I can't decide between a 43 or a 26 with my GSSF coupon.

Can't recommend Phlster enough. Spendy for sure but awesome products

I love my skeleton from them.
      BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Nice choice! I can't decide between a 43 or a 26 with my GSSF coupon.

Can't recommend Phlster enough. Spendy for sure but awesome products

I love my skeleton from them.
        My cousin just sold his G26 for the G43x and he wont shut up about it. He absolutely adores it, and I also love my standard 43. With the Pierce +1 round extension I have pictured above, I can't imagine a more perfect CCW :)

I did actually look at those holsters, decided against it 1) because the price of the NT was too good to pass up, and 2) I don't always wear a belt, so having clips to secure over my waist band comes in handy pretty often. Those loops would require the wearing of a belt..

Comment

The 26 is a decent gun it's just too bulky, it's in a weird spot size wise. I'd go with a 43 over a 26, it is significantly thinner, though still thick for a single stack compact 9. If you're dressed to carry a 26 you can probably carry a 19 instead, because it's no subcompact/pocket gun unless you're a giant like Hickok45. Still, there are other single stack 9s I'd have over a Glock 43, most of them are slimmer.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
            My cousin just sold his G26 for the G43x and he wont shut up about it. He absolutely adores it, and I also love my standard 43. With the Pierce +1 round extension I have pictured above, I can't imagine a more perfect CCW :)

I did actually look at those holsters, decided against it 1) because the price of the NT was too good to pass up, and 2) I don't always wear a belt, so having clips to secure over my waist band comes in handy pretty often. Those loops would require the wearing of a belt..
            Nice to know it works perfectly for you. I got also mine for G26 made from Kydex material. How about if you're driving a car? I read an article from a good site about cc holsters for vehicles (https://gunnewsdaily.com/reviews/veh...ers-concealed/) because I have to be sure if carrying it with you while driving is safe and legal. What do you think?

Let me know. Thanks:)

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              The 26 is a decent gun it's just too bulky, it's in a weird spot size wise. I'd go with a 43 over a 26, it is significantly thinner, though still thick for a single stack compact 9. If you're dressed to carry a 26 you can probably carry a 19 instead, because it's no subcompact/pocket gun unless you're a giant like Hickok45. Still, there are other single stack 9s I'd have over a Glock 43, most of them are slimmer.
              Which single stacks are thinner than the 43? I didn't really go test out many options because I knew I would ultimately end up sticking with my beloved Glocks. Hard to imagine anything being much slimmer!

I think the 43 is the smallest gun I can comfortably shoot, and even considered a hogue grip to add a bit of girth.

Originally posted by mrmilom1990 View Post
              Nice to know it works perfectly for you. I got also mine for G26 made from Kydex material. How about if you're driving a car? I read an article from a good site about cc holsters for vehicles (https://gunnewsdaily.com/reviews/veh...ers-concealed/) because I have to be sure if carrying it with you while driving is safe and legal. What do you think?

Let me know. Thanks:)
              I almost never remove my pistol for driving, thankfully I've never really experienced discomfort from carrying on my hip while driving.

I like the idea of those magnets though. I have the benefit of falling under LEOSA and can carry legally almost anywhere in the USA. The places I'm not supposed to? Well, if you're carrying correct they'll never know :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

The guns I'd prefer over it are the Kahr CM9, Springfield XDs, M&P Shield and Kel Tec PF9 to a smaller extent just not a nice gun though it is reliable, and well 3/4 of them are slimmer if not smaller overall. The CM9 is very close to the Glock I think that is splitting hairs, but I prefer the Kahr's trigger and slide finish. An obvious example is the Kel Tec PF9 which is the slimmest and one of the smallest 9mms around. I used to have one, and after some deburring of the trigger guard it was fine though uncomfortable to shoot and had a finish that didn't hold up that great, I had 2 little surface rust spots come up in a year of use, though it was getting sweaty because of how I was carrying it. I eventually replaced it with a Kahr CW380 because it made a better pocket gun, the PF9 was just a little too big for that and it wasn't fun to shoot or usable by my wife (slide too stiff and slim) so I sold it.

Non-subcompact wise I like my Glock 19 but I've considered selling it from time to time because I just don't like Glock ergonomics, just about every other pistol I've shot feels better in my hand and points better for me than my 19. I've been holding out for a PPQ M1. Just as ugly as the Glock but feels way better in my hand, and the trigger is so much better it's barely comparable. The magazine release on the trigger guard gets me too, a gimmick to some people but I actually really like it.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                - updated 1-26

Comment

I've never been a fan of Kahr pistols, shot a couple and always felt like they would require a lot of breaking in (stiff triggers, slide was hard as hell to rack, tons of recoil). Granted, that was quite a while ago (10 years or so) so things may have changed. As for the others, I've only ever shot full size M&P and XDs, and while I actually prefer their grips, I liked the Glock trigger more.

Given that I carry a Glock 17 for work every single day, and have poured tens of thousands of trouble free rounds through it, I just feel better with a Glock product on my side.

That being said, NOTHING feels better than a Walther PPx and H&K VP in the hand. They've absolutely nailed the ergonomics aspect of striker fired pistols.

Comment

Well familiarity is huge, so I can definitely get behind sticking with a glock if you like the trigger and are used to glock form factor. I've always disliked the glock trigger, when I bought my first pistol (the 19) it was my first experience with a glock and I was immediately disappointed in how I was shooting when I got to the range. I had previously shot other pistols on the first try much more accurately. I like the Kahr triggers which feel more like a double action revolver, they stack and break more progressively than the glock which has almost loose takeup and stops at the break. It's probably because I didn't shoot it enough to acclimate to that trigger but in a quick draw and fire drill I consistently had the first shot go to a side, and subsequent shots where I just reset the trigger instead of as quickly as possible going from finger on the frame to firing were much better. I compensated in those drills by deliberately slowing down on my first trigger pull so that I consciously brought it to the break, resighted, then broke. Added a second but the first shot would wind up closer to the intended point of aim instead of a few inches to one side.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      Well familiarity is huge, so I can definitely get behind sticking with a glock if you like the trigger and are used to glock form factor. I've always disliked the glock trigger, when I bought my first pistol (the 19) it was my first experience with a glock and I was immediately disappointed in how I was shooting when I got to the range. I had previously shot other pistols on the first try much more accurately. I like the Kahr triggers which feel more like a double action revolver, they stack and break more progressively than the glock which has almost loose takeup and stops at the break. It's probably because I didn't shoot it enough to acclimate to that trigger but in a quick draw and fire drill I consistently had the first shot go to a side, and subsequent shots where I just reset the trigger instead of as quickly as possible going from finger on the frame to firing were much better. I compensated in those drills by deliberately slowing down on my first trigger pull so that I consciously brought it to the break, resighted, then broke. Added a second but the first shot would wind up closer to the intended point of aim instead of a few inches to one side.
                      It's always interesting seeing how different guns fit different people, lots of different styles and preferences! That's why I always get a kick out of "XXX gun is better than XXX gun!" arguments. For you, a Glock is obviously not the best, while for me it may be.

In that vein, a neighboring police department we train with multiple times a year was notorious for being terrible shots. They were all shooting old Sig P226s for duty guns with whatever their OEM sights are.
                      They very recently switched to to the P320 and wouldn't you know it, their shooting performances have gone up dramatically! How much of it is down to the gun, vs allowing officers to choose night sights, vs different grips etc I do not know.
                      That same department doesn't allow their officers to use anything on their duty rifle other than iron sights. Unsurprisingly, their rifle qualifications are significantly worse than any other department which allows the use of red dots and other optics.

Comment

What would guys recommend for a good conceal carry pistol? I’m kinda picky about what i want. I have a ruger lc380and a glock 43 in 380 caliber. They aren’t bad guns so Id use those sometimes but I also want a double stack for ccw purposes thats in between a full frame and pocket frame. I have my 509 tac but thats too big for that. Id prefer it to not be a Glock either while they are nice guns I’m just not the biggest fan for what ever reason.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          What would guys recommend for a good conceal carry pistol? I’m kinda picky about what i want. I have a ruger lc380and a glock 43 in 380 caliber. They aren’t bad guns so Id use those sometimes but I also want a double stack for ccw purposes thats in between a full frame and pocket frame. I have my 509 tac but thats too big for that. Id prefer it to not be a Glock either while they are nice guns I’m just not the biggest fan for what ever reason.
                          I would take a look at the Sig P365. I believe they had some teething issues when they first came out (as did the P320), but my coworker carries his daily and has over 5k trouble free rounds through it. For the size, 10+1 is fantastic.

Comment

I would take a look at the Sig P365. I believe they had some teething issues when they first came out (as did the P320), but my coworker carries his daily and has over 5k trouble free rounds through it. For the size, 10+1 is fantastic.

I was considering looking at them or H&K

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

It's always interesting seeing how different guns fit different people, lots of different styles and preferences! That's why I always get a kick out of "XXX gun is better than XXX gun!" arguments. For you, a Glock is obviously not the best, while for me it may be.
                              It's why I don't categorically denounce a gun for subjective things, if something is objectively crap or impractical sure, but a lot of things are just preference and familiarity.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                I was considering looking at them or H&K
                                I really do adore the VP9, and desperately wanted the VP9sk.

However, my local go-to gun shop has had such terrible experiences with HK customer support that it kind of turned me off of the brand.

Basic run down:

Madison PD, one of the largest in Wisconsin, was going to switch all of their Glocks to the VP9. They went through Top Pack Defense (my shop) and tasked them with working with H&K. TPD ordered 30 VP9s that they were going to get for Madison PD, clean them up, test them, and install night sights if the officer wanted them. They ordered the firearms in January of '18, for Madison's academy starting in May. In February the guns hadn't arrived so he called H&K the first week of Feb. They told him the guns were slightly delayed and would ship out that week. March 1st the guns didn't arrive so he called again, and they again said the guns were delayed and they would call him when they were in. First week of April the guns hadn't arrived. TPD called them again, and the H&K rep said something to the effect of, "Stop calling us, we'll call YOU when they get in."

If that's how they're willing to treat a customer that's about to order 300+ firearms, then how can you expect them to treat Joe Blow off the street if something happens to your $550+ firearm?

Comment

Working...
                                X