No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these guys make the best triggers totally worth it on sale price if you want the best.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
      these guys make the best triggers totally worth it on sale price if you want the best.

https://geissele.com/
      Agreed. Last year picked up a SSA-E from them on Black Friday for $140 irc. Waiting to see if the trigger I’ve been eyeing will be discounted this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

https://geissele.com/
        Thanks for advice!
        free slots no download no registration instant play

Comment

AR Trigger roundup review with pull graphs.

I ended up with 2 POF flat triggers...

Comment

Just received shipping info that my Geissele Sd3 I picked up on Black Friday shipped. I don’t have experience with a ton of aftermarket triggers, but I would be hard pressed to be swayed away from Geissele’s products at this point.

This will be my first flat trigger in an AR. I switched out the flat trigger in my P320 as I had more of a tendency to pull shot down with the flat trigger. However, I preferred the feel, I don’t think that will be as much of an issue in the AR platform.

Comment

I really want to try their SD-C trigger in my AR9, but they can be finicky with non milspec triggers apparently. I see really killer deals pop up on ARFCOM occasionally though so I might grab one to try out.
              Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 12-19-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                Just ordered a BCM 14.5 ELW mid length upper. Now time to start on my lower build. I am thinking about going with an Vltor A5 buffer system using anA5H2 buffer. Any of you guys have experience with the A2 system? For lower I may pick up an Aero lower and plan on using the Geissele 3G trigger group. Not sure on pistol grip or stock yet. Open to suggestions. Should have the upper by the end of the weekend, so I need to order any new parts quickly so I can use as an excuse not to put of Christmas decorations. Also, what is the going rate for a pin and weld job? As I need to get a dead air keymod muzzle break installed on the upper.
                The A5 buffer system is the best and most versatile buffer for the AR in my mind, more ammo flexibility and a fantastic recoil impulse. With a 14.5" middy i would definitely want the A5 as some run into issues with carbine buffers and weak .223 ammo.

I would look into the Sons of Liberty Nox muzzle device, the DA brake is like many brakes and super obnoxious without a can on it, the Nox is a middle road brake and flash hider. $45-60 for most pin jobs.

I have yet to find a more comfortable stock than the SOPMOD.

Comment

Right on. Should be picking up my upper today after having a Nox pinned and welded. Just hope the shop timed it correctly. I showed the owner how I wanted it timed, so hopefully he passed that info along to who he had doing the install. Trigger arrives tomorrow in the mail, hopefully I get some range time with it on Sunday.

Comment

Primary Arms has a pretty good deal on M3 Pmags right now. Just bought 10 for $99.23 after shipping. Use code Save12. Even cheaper if your in Houston and can pick up in store.

Comment

Am I the only schmuck here who's going to be in a shootout with the National Guard by this time next year?

Comment

This thread looks like it could use a good dose of vintage American Steel.

Here are some old sweethearts I inherited back in 2010 from my grandfather, and via him, my great grandfather who used all but the model 12 as a trapper in Vermont from the 20s through the 50s.

Top to bottom:
                        1917 S&W i-frame .22/.32 Heavy frame target in .22- learned to shoot on it, still tight and damn accurate. I’ve put thousands of rounds through this funky old wheel gun.
                        Montgomery-Wards Western Field Deluxe 12ga (really an Ithaca/LeFever Nitro Special)- rusty gun restoration project
                        1947 Winchester Model 12 in 12ga - dropped many a deer
                        1893 Winchester 1892 in .32-20 WCF -mediocre bore and barrel was cut way down sometime in the last 127 years. :/ likely to reline it soon and keep it slingin lead

Click image for larger version  Name:	46E8AF7F-50F2-43A2-9FC1-0B11F7BA276C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	9895885

Click image for larger version

Name:	1DBFCA10-61FF-4E3B-B3DF-992A6D75FEE4.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	9895887

"In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                        Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                          Am I the only schmuck here who's going to be in a shootout with the National Guard by this time next year?
                          Please elaborate? What situation needs resolving?

Comment

Savage came out with a new shotgun...wish I wasnt poor

Savage Arms, makers of the most trusted hunting and target rifles in the United States, is proud to introduce RENEGAUGE.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              Please elaborate? What situation needs resolving?
                              He's a VA resident. Dark humor is probably the only way of dealing with the shitshow that is going on there. This isn't the politics board so that's as far as I'll take it.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Savage came out with a new shotgun...wish I wasnt poor

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/sav...gun-renegauge/
                                They look promising. Little surprised how high the msrp is on them though. Do you think actual retail will be sub $1k? Your probably better off waiting a year for any of the first model flaws to be exposed and then picking up a second year modified version.

Comment

Working...
                                X