No announcement yet.

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weinmanns are so cheap it's almost the same price to build them up. Buy the hub, buy the rim, buy all the spokes and have an LBS lace them up for you.
    1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
    1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
    1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
    1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Is gas running out constantly near you guys?
      I havent even considered driving my car unless its to work. My bike goes with me everywhere....

Its coming to Oktoberfest this coming week too..

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
        Is gas running out constantly near you guys?
        I havent even considered driving my car unless its to work. My bike goes with me everywhere....

Its coming to Oktoberfest this coming week too..
        Don't rub it in butthole.

Gas is 3.58 here too. Let me rub that in. Does it feel good? I bet.
        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I wish I lived close enough to ride to work. Unfortunately, work is about 50 miles away.

Comment

id put pics up of the new hour, but you all know what it looks like. its stock (4 days old) with a green brooks on it.

so heres my 1920 Janu Special. All original minus the rims.

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely fucking AMAZING. Don't change a thing. Don't even clean it up. :shock:

I was at a swap meet last weekend and saw an old John Deere 10 speed, that had the right dropouts to be a fixie, and he only wanted $20 for it. But I had no way to get it home. Later, my friend Colin tells me that they are rare as shit, and I should have just ridden it home.

Comment

Holy fucking dick... do you actually ride it?
                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I would ride the shit out of it. So fucking awesome.

Comment

I would just be scared something would break and what are the chances of replacing it? lulz- NONE
                    1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                    1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                    1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

to be honest, i just got. i pumped up the tires and took it for a spin, absolutely! it rides like its got a soul, if you can picture that. i am into vintage motorcycles too and you can almost feel all the road its traveled.

i even saw pictures of this actual bike being raced at the newark velodrome. the guy had it all! hes making copies for me as we speak. newspaper articles and actual photographs.

i would like to put new tubes in it, and the bearings in the rear hub are pretty warn. but it is so cool to ride it.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's amazing. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick it up for? It's obvious the guy knew what he had.
                        1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                        1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                        1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

i should have bought a set of aerospokes...

but i am a sucker for history, and this bike has a ton of stories to tell. the wooden rims were replaced because the man i bought it from was riding it in newark streets all the time after his father was finished racing, the rims were getting beat up to bad so they were replaced in 1945. wish i had those too.
                          sigpic

Comment

My friend steve has 17 aerospokes sitting in his shop right now. I wonder if he would notice if one was missing
                            1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                            1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                            1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

haha, ya thats really what i probably should have done. but i heard about this from a friend of a friend of a guy who works with another friend... you know how those go. and i thought it was just too good to be true. so i took a look. turns out the 80 year old man i met really knew his shit. ill just have to keep saving.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's amazing. I'd love to own a piece of history like that. I thought my old '71 was a dinosaur
                                1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                                1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                                1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Working...
                                X