• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are great!

Comment

Those pictures are wild
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Here are a few more. I'm not allowed to post the really cool stuff since it is slated for publication.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Awesome pics Will!
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Really nice.

Y'know, I can't resist a nice Mustang, especially in motion.

What are the twins in pics 4 and 6 please?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
              Really nice.

Y'know, I can't resist a nice Mustang, especially in motion.

What are the twins in pics 4 and 6 please?
              4 is one of two Howard 500s in the world. It was the last stab with piston engines in the corporate transport race. Designed to go nearly head to head with the jets of the early 50s. It cruises at about 400 mph, and has a 2000 mile range (I think)

6 is a Douglas B26 Invader, former air tanker. I remember seeing it as a kid up in Abbotsford when it was being flown by Conair as a tanker.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

that howard is a beauty! such a lovely airplane.

a smaller aperature might have tightened up pic #3?

i love your long exposure night shots....they are absolutely amazing.

fun fact: both the t28 and the p51 both come equiped with engines that are roughly 1500+ horsepower. a p51 mustang costs about 2+million dollars and has one seat. a t28 costs less than 200 grand and has two seats.

the 1.8 million dollar difference is a lot of money to date the pretty sister with the sexy ass and big tits.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I want to see that Howard 500 some day, it's a seriously cool plane.

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  fun fact: both the t28 and the p51 both come equiped with engines that are roughly 1500+ horsepower. a p51 mustang costs about 2+million dollars and has one seat. a t28 costs less than 200 grand and has two seats.
                  Don't forget 100mph top speed difference and the part where the T28 is probably the ugliest thing with a prop to ever come off a North American Aviation assembly line.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

well, i think the t28 is an infinitely better looking airplane than a t6.(i think the texan is uglier than a smashed ass) in fact, i absolutely love the way the t28 looks. not as much as a 51, but hey.....

with your reasoning: 400mph costs 200 grand. 500mph costs 2 mil. i don't know about you, but i could be pretty happy with the radial engine advanced trainer.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

That's the thing that sucks about aesthetics, they're too subjective. To me the T28 is a stubby looking tricycle geared abomination, a hideous thing, T-6 is not beautiful but far better proportioned. 343mph vs 440mph (wiki as a source), doesn't really matter that much. Money no object, neither plane is in my dreams. But for $200,000 my money would be in the aerobatic category, not the ugliest warbird.
                      Last edited by varg; 08-02-2019, 02:56 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

The T28 looks like a F8F, the t-6 looks like a SBD. T28 wins on looks imo.
                        91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                        Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                        E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                        "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          well, i think the t28 is an infinitely better looking airplane than a t6.(i think the texan is uglier than a smashed ass) in fact, i absolutely love the way the t28 looks. not as much as a 51, but hey.....

with your reasoning: 400mph costs 200 grand. 500mph costs 2 mil. i don't know about you, but i could be pretty happy with the radial engine advanced trainer.
                          If you can make a T28 go 400 mph, please tell. They are hard pressed to make the cut at Reno at 280.

The Howard 500 will go 400, and you can take lots of your friends with you, for a bargain $750K (It is for sale.)

The pic of the Travel Aire was shot at F22 at 1/25 hand held. It would have been nice had it been sharper overall, but bouncing through the grass at 1/25 isn't going to garner many totally sharp shots. At that slow of a shutter speed, the harmonics of the plane come into play and some things will be out of focus where others are tack sharp. I could have shot it faster, but I was trying for the full prop circle.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            That's the thing that sucks about aesthetics, they're too subjective. To me the T28 is a stubby looking tricycle geared abomination, a hideous thing, T-6 is not beautiful but far better proportioned. 343mph vs 440mph (wiki as a source), doesn't really matter that much. Money no object, neither plane is in my dreams. But for $200,000 my money would be in the aerobatic category, not the ugliest warbird.
                            No way in hell will a T6 or a T28 go 343, let alone 440 mph. Not possible short of attaching a rocket to either one. 250 is about it for both. Too much frontal drag, and with the T6, the prop tips are breaking the sound barrier so that is causing drag and a loss of efficiency as well.

As far as aesthetics, I'd say they are both on par. Neither one is strikingly good looking, but neither is hideous either.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

A few more...
                              Will
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

There was a great article in july’s aopa(?) magazine about those 2 flying Howard’s. Apparently, the guy that owns both of them has a third he is restoring now. The article also mentions that for every hour of flight time, the airplane gets 10 to 15 hrs of maintenance. That is truly an insane number. It also states the engines are about 2500hp each and burn 100gal of fuel per side an hour! I think they are 18 cylinder Wright 3250’s. The same engine on a dc6.

That is an airplane for a guy with very deep pockets.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X